IGNORED

Prayers for my wife

We found out a few weeks ago my wife, Beth, has small cell carcinoma lung cancer. The last few weeks have been hectic with Dr. appointments and test. This is a fast growing cancer and aggressive. The good news is it was caught early. This particular cancer is only staged limited and extensive. If it were extensive there would be little to no hope for the patient. Her's is limited and they feel they can get it all.

We would love to have all the prayers we can get. Some here already know about this and are praying and we thank you.

We have had to cancel our trip to Vogel and sure do hate it, but chemo and radiation starts on the 27th. You guys be safe out there and when this is over we look forward to seeing you all again.

Thanks

Kenny

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gracious Father, you know all that we go through, not only physically, but mentally and spiritually. Father I come before your throne in humility because you are God. We are just human. You created all things and hold all things together. We thank you for who you are. Lord, I lift Beth up to you and in my humility, I thank you that I can be so bold and ask for your mercy in this situation. You have given me access to your throne room through the shed blood of your Son. Your grace is truly amazing! Lord, I pray that you would just say the Word and that your name would be high and lifted up in Beth's life. Pour out your tender mercies, your loving kindness and all of your blessings upon her. Give her strength, give her courage and fill her with your joy. Give her that peace and rest in knowing that you are in control of all things. Father, guide the physicians in this situation. Give them wisdom. And yes, I do ask for healing if that is your will. Almighty Father, touch her with your love and your compassion. Draw her into a deeper relationship with you if she knows you. Strengthen her faith. And if she does not know you, I pray that you would reveal yourself to her in a powerful way. Thank you for hearing this prayer. We all wait with anticipation for your intervention. We praise your majestic and holy name. Glory to you Lord. In the precious name of Jesus, our Messiah and your precious Son. Amen.

• 1 month later...

I want to thank you guys for the prayers and thoughts. Beth finished her radiation last week which was tough. Three weeks at 5 days a week twice a day. Because the cancer was in the limp node near the esophagus they warned it would be hard to swallow and she said it is. The meds they gave aren't helping much and the oncologist wasn't happy she lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. But it is healing now and she is doing better today. The doc said other than the weight loss she is doing good. Just finished her 2nc round of chemo with 4 more to go. Should be finished with that around the middle of November.

Be safe out there and thanks again.

Kenny