IGNORED

Gas Cap glare on windshield

gorski

Hey All

Have noticed that the glare from the gas cap is spread across the windshield, really annoying at certain times of the day. Has anyone noticed this and what have you done to remedy the problem, can't seem to part with $30 for a leather cap for the cap. Suggestions???

I went to walmart and bought some foam coozies. Cut bottom off about 1 inch from bottom. Put two tiny pieces of Velcro on gas cap and inside of foam bottom. Works great. Lots of colors to choose from too! Cost a couple of bux.

+1 on the coozies. They really work and super cheap.

I painted mine with black plasti dip paint. Whats nice is if you decide in a couple months you can peel the stuff rite off. It also ends up with a finnish that looks close to the black plastic surround thing by cap on the RSV.

Plasti-dip-gas-capweb.jpg

Edited by djh3

I installed what is called a Silver Dollar "Concho coin" on several of the RSV's at the 2006 Vogel rally. It looks like a real Silver Dollar, but it is not.

I installed every one of them with the face side showing, however, on my bike, I installed mine with the tails side showing (just to be different).

This is what it looks like (see attached pics)

DSC00082.jpg

HPIM0111.jpg

ECK, I'd be afraid some JA would walk by and think its real then destroy my gas cap to steel a fake dollar. But looks OK. I wrapped tape around the outside of my cap, then painted the center with the plasti dip stuff. This stuff is great. Sort of a rubberized paint and if you dont likke it you can peel it off. I painted a helmet with it and its holding up will. Been a year or more and no chips in it yet.

ECK, I'd be afraid some JA would walk by and think its real then destroy my gas cap to steel a fake dollar. But looks OK. I wrapped tape around the outside of my cap, then painted the center with the plasti dip stuff. This stuff is great. Sort of a rubberized paint and if you dont likke it you can peel it off. I painted a helmet with it and its holding up will. Been a year or more and no chips in it yet.

The concho coins were stuck on and could be easily pulled off if someone really wanted it. Mine was on for 5 years and nobody took it.

I scored an inexpensive magnetic take bag from eBay. I use it for more things than I imagined. It covers up my gas cap. Protects my tank, I use it for a pillow at times. I use it to shade my seats when I get off. I keep gas receipts and several other inexpensive items in it.

I have a beer coozie over the gas cap and my Venturerider mug inside to drink my water as I ride. I saw this at an International Rally and loved it. Very cheap, and works great. It has never slipped off while riding and no glare.

For what ever reason I can't add a picture on my computer so I'll send one thru my phone on tapatalk.