IGNORED

Tweeking on Tweeks, from MD and beyond..

cowpuc

Gotta love the ol girl, as she creeps closer and closer to enjoying her retirement years she seems to be pulling stunts that none of my other 1st Gens pulled.. These closing in on 300k years are amazing times!! Thought I would share some of it with my buddies here.. Take a peek:

Pucs,

That is not a "filter" as you describe on the tank vent. It is a check valve, Yamaha calls it a rollover valve; meant to prevent fuel spillage if Tweeks were to lay on her side. One can still buy a new one from Yamaha; part number 25H-24180-00-00, about $14.

Edited by Prairiehammer

Pucs,

That is not a "filter" as you describe on the tank vent. It is a check valve, Yamaha calls it a rollover valve; meant to prevent fuel spillage if Tweeks were to lay on her side. One can still buy a new one from Yamaha; part number 25H-24180-00-00, about $14.

Ahhhh, makes sense,, certainly more sense than having a filter on that vent line.. Well, regardless,, Tweeks check valve is now replaced by half a Bic Pen body - part number Bic ke-33496714A BUT - available free at any Bank, Insurance Company or Lawyers Office or your buddies tank bag - if your quick enough:witch_brew:!! :thumbsup:

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION PRAIRIE!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for your videos and tales. You are the main reason I decided to go buy my 84 and ride it back instead of shippimg it back. Both cost the same, but the adventure would have been lost by shipping it. Seeing you run around our lower 48 on Tweeks makes me not worry about running around on my bikes. I know that if I run into a problem, I can search VRO and find an easy fix that you did road side. Keep the stories coming.

Got the Warden to make one of her rare comments!! She claims those aren't Tweeks but Hillbilly Temporaries!! Go Figure!! I was happy with tweeks Bro but when experts chime in......:think:

That Warden, she is a wise one bro!!!!!:thumbsup: I think I got a heapin helpin of hillbilly blood in me - love my fried chicken and have always been more of a southern hospitality type.. Hillbilly stubborness too!:missingtooth:

Hey,, tell that Warden that the Puc has been eyeballing that backwoods shack back in the stillen woods down da road from your house,, thats right - thinkin of moving down yonder to bring a positive influence in your life and help ya with your memory Dan.. See iffen that dont cheer up her day :big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::crackup::backinmyday:

Soooooooo glad to have you back around Dan - you skeerd me!! I dont like when my close friends do that brother:8:

Thanks for your videos and tales. You are the main reason I decided to go buy my 84 and ride it back instead of shippimg it back. Both cost the same, but the adventure would have been lost by shipping it. Seeing you run around our lower 48 on Tweeks makes me not worry about running around on my bikes. I know that if I run into a problem, I can search VRO and find an easy fix that you did road side. Keep the stories coming.

WOW COFF!! THAT is awesome my friend!! I deeply appreciate the inspiring thoughts enveloped inside your comments and also know first hand at how invaluable this site is to my way of life too!! The freedom that comes from knowing that when out enjoying life and having people here on VR having our backs when things go south (ol Murphy never sleeps does he) truly is priceless isnt it!! At any rate, THANK YOU for the kind words Tech Sargent - I cannot wait till we have a chance to experience more highway together out CTFWing (remember Mt. St. Helens - what a BLAST we had!!)...

Love ya Sonshine!

Puc

I rather be known for riding than tweeking personally. I don't want to be mixed up with Miley Cyrus and known for me tweeks, or was that twirks?

I get that Skidder,, my problem is tweeking and riding seems to have always gone hand in hand in my ever challenging life:big-grin-emoticon:

Now about that "Twerking" Cyrus thingy,, dont even wanna know,,, besides - between the riding/tweeking endeavors, aint got much time for movie star (or what ever it is) concerns..:missingtooth: Gotta enough problems trying to tweek Tweeks past 300k

Washing your eyes wont help with a mental visual, you have to pour the gasoline in your ear and swish it around the inside of your head thoroughly to attempt to wash the image out of your brain.

Then peer in the hole with a match for illumination to be sure you got it all.:225:

Oh wow, I had no idea you guys.. Guess I guess I have spent way to much time riding cross country and Tweeking on Tweeks to even have heard of this Twerking thing.. In response to it hearing about it and in an effort to become modernized like a lot of folks, I just googled Twerking and I was shocked.. Actually,, kind of amazed.. As I watched the video of this girl doing the twerky thing it hit me,, heyyyy I could do that.. So I gave it a shot and was kind of proud of myself at how quickly I caught on. I made a short video of the ol Pucster Twerking and am in the process of sticking it up on youtube.. I will start a new thread though cause this Twerking thing maybe the biggest thing to hit VR since my friend Carbon One created those lift adapters to keep our bikes from Twerking on the lift and all of our family here may want to join into this new phase of life!!!!

Washing your eyes wont help with a mental visual, you have to pour the gasoline in your ear and swish it around the inside of your head thoroughly to attempt to wash the image out of your brain.

if that doesn't work you may have to try some Sea Foam