IGNORED

After 3 1/2 Years......I Went Back To Work Today!

86er

After three and a half years of not working, that ain't real easy!

As some of you know, I hurt my back at work in October of '04 (2 weeks after buying my house!) and the last day that I worked was the day after Thanksgiving '04. After a year and a half of therapy, I let the Doc cut me in May of '06. He did a fusion and some other stuff on my back.

I was on disability until July of '07 when I was released by the doctor and I left UPS. Since then I've had no income except from roommates that I took in to help with expenses. On disability I was making less than half of what I had been earning. It seems that the more you earn, the more you are hurt by disability, because they have a cap on it.

Today I started training with FedEx Express as a courier. The lifting should be a lot less at FedEx. This is the air division, not the home dlivery (or ground). I can lift up to 70 pounds, I just can't do it as repetitively as is required at Big Brown. (What can Brown do TO you?!)

The good news is that now I have an income again :sign woo hoo:, the bad new is that this is really going to cut into my riding :bawling:! I guess there won't be anymore staying on line reading this stuff til 3am, either!

Y'all think of me in the next few weeks while I'm in training! Oh Well, at least I can ride to work. I rode today with massive thunderstorms coming in, I decided that I needed to start the legend early (even if only in my own mind!).

Congratulations friend. Remember how to lift properly.

1. Sit square on the stool, both feet on the rail.

2. Brace your off hand on the bar and curl the fingers slightly.

3. Grasp the bottle in the other hand and grip by the lower half.

4. Lift to lips in a smooth controlled motion.

5. Raise lower half of bottle until contents flow into mouth.

Good work. You have now raised a toast from me in your honor.

JB

Good for You Tod. So you can aford a 2nd Gen:rotf::rotf::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

What?! Are you crazy in the head, Dan?! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_23.gif

Now I can afford to emulate my Idol, Condor and buy MORE 1st gens! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_21.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_219.gif

OK now I've gotta go to bed, I gotta go to work in the morning! Geeze, that sounds weird!

dang! 6er.

i have been fighting with my "inner self", for a week.

trying to talk myself into QUITTING!!!

i am SOOOOOO tired of working for the "underprivileged!!!!"

i'm just tired, plain and simple!

i might hang in , one more month, then i'm gonna "hang it up"!!

i guess the truth is , i cannot tolerate being WATCHED, 8 hours a day, on a video camera!

new system , just installed .indoors and out.

can't smoke in ANY building, anymore, so the cameras catch me when i go out to smoke!

and they catch me" purdy reg'lar" too!

lol

just jt

Just in case you didnt know , the rules have changed in last 3 years,

During an 8 hour shift , your first coffee break is 1 hr long , Lunch is

2 Hr , last break is 1 hr , & every Friday when sun shines you can leave

at noon.

Have fun

Gambler:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Guest Swifty

all is good...he'll no longer get in 100 practice attacks on the Dragon every year before I get down there to show him how us 6-month flat land riders can slay it.

:)

It'll come back quick enough, Todd! I'm glad for you. It'll be good for your psyche, just being able to have a job again. Good luck for sure..

I can say with all candor..for me .at this point in my life I don't think I'd go back to work if I could. A job would be a gigantic inconvenience. That or I've grown really, really lazy!

Guest KitCarson

Congratulations Todd. I suppose you will get a lot of practice on those defensive driving skills running around Atlanta......better get another one of these.....:322:

As far as Winfield goes, Jim, I've only missed it four times since 1976. I've usually managed to find a way to convince my employers that I need to be off then!

Don't worry, Lewis, with FedEx, I won't be wearing any little brown shorts......................I'll be in little Blue shorts!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: