IGNORED

Ran across some Hell's Angels

Freebird

OK..it wasn't really a "meeting"...more that we just crossed paths.

On our ride from Ohio to Hilton Head Island last week, Eileen and I stopped to get gas somewhere in North Carolina. It was around lunch time and the station had a Subway sandwich shop inside so we were sitting there having a sandwich and cooling off a bit when 8 motorcycles pulled in. The riders gassed up the bikes and then came inside for something to drink. Turns out that 6 of them were Hell's Angels and 2 were wearing the Misguided colors. No issues at all. They stood near the door of the station and just talked and laughed and other than wearing the colors, seemed like normal folks out for a ride.

What surprised me though was when I looked out at their bikes and saw that 7 out of the 8 were riding black Harley Road Glides. WOW....is my bike of choice also the bike of choice of the 1% clubs?

Not sure how I felt about that.

WOW! I saw 4 riding across I80 heading west the week before Sturgis. They were all riding Street Glides and traveling well above the legal 70mph speedlimit. I speed up to 80, and then 85, and never got them. Driving the company car I backed down as ticket would be a big no no.

There is a biker rally in Georgia at a place called Angel City. It's built like an old western town. The owner called me one day because he heard that I specialize in motorcycle insurance and said he would give me a deal on one of the rooms for an exhibit. I said sure and he was going over the list and then said I can give you a room next to the Outlaws. I said O My God, no, please put me somewhere else. He said in all the years he had the rally the only trouble he had ever had was from local people and that he had the name and phone number of the state president of the outlaws and the president said if he ever had a problem with them to call him. I took the room for an exhibit and never had a problem. The owner said the hell's angels wanted to come to the rally but he had to tell them they couldn't come because the outlaws said no.

----- What surprised me though was when I looked out at their bikes and saw that 7 out of the 8 were riding black Harley Road Glides. WOW....is my bike of choice also the bike of choice of the 1% clubs? Not sure how I felt about that.

Sounds like it really is a bike of choice.

Enjoy!

In NY, occasionally I ran into The angels at events and other times the Pagans, the HA rivals. No issues if you just maintain common sense. In Florida, we have a few. The outlaws, iron coffins, etc. again, just be polite and mind your bees wax and all should be good. One time, I was catching up at the light to about 5 outlaws. The lead rider thought I was a bit too close so I backed up a tad. However, because I was playing some heavy heavy metal, the guy at the end, gave me the universal "head nod"..... Still wakes you up a bit

Several years ago I attended a Patriot Guard Mission where the Westboro Baptist Church a**holes were in attendance. A group of 12-15 HA's were also in attendance and they made sure that the clowns stayed in their designated "protest area" . Folks would be surprised to know that many HA's are Veterans.

Boomer....who says even the LEO's enjoyed watching the HA's intimidate the Westboro morons.:rotf:

Last year, janet and myself were entering hwy 290 out by Lake Summerville and ended up in the middle of around 100 or so Banditos... just minded our own business and road on, no problems, I have 3 good friends that are members all is good, but when others start showing up, its time to say later and get out of there..

Guest tx2sturgis
...is my bike of choice also the bike of choice of the 1% clubs?

Yes.

You just now figured that out?

Most of them ride Harleys.

Just wait till they approach you about joining!

:moon: