IGNORED

Our own BongoBob finally gets his YouTube debut, CONGRATS BONGO!!

cowpuc

I love participating in the banter on here.. Its another flaw in my character, I enjoy being harassed almost as much as needling a deserving brother.. Me and Bongo,,, we have known for a good while that the day we met face to face would end up being an extention of that good hearted banter..

What I didnt count on was people like Buckshot coming along and :stirthepot: to get that banter going..

During a recent Meet n Greet (RagTop69GS's) where I finally had the pleasure of meeting both these fine gentlemen, my now good friend - Buckshot fellow gets me aside and whispers to me something like "you and I have both heard about Bongo's trike BUT, think about it, have you ever actually seen the bike,, I know I havent"...

Knowing how badly Bongo has been wanting to make it into the big time shows on Youtube and how much he appreciates being harrassed, the thought came to me - I wonder what would happen if this discussion took place on video and than mysteriously appeared on YouTube.. Unedited, unphoto chop shopped, just the way it all happened can be seen here:

PS, Bongo - you should be thankful that those Canuks are the decent people they are,, I think it was Habfan (I am terrible with names) who actually stood up for you and said he had actually seen your trike!! :backinmyday:

:63:Got to admit..............as one of those decent Canucks!

I've been to 3 Meet & eats and one M.D. with Bob and I've never seen him on a trike....He did drive a Chev. :confused24: and had some paint work done on it at M.D. but no M.C. anywhere??:whistling:

Could have been all that snow:snow: during the time of the meet and eats??!!:think:

Edited by The Tooch

Guest tx2sturgis

Puc...I left a you a comment on youtube. Also saw your video about helping a CannonBall rider at the side of the road...cool!

I enjoyed the CannonBall run a couple of years back, when it passed right thru this area. I rode over to Clovis NM which was a stop for the nite, and got to meet Buzz Kanter, editor of American Iron Magazine, and also Cris Simmons, both riding old Harleys...cant say I remember the bikes exactly, and of course, her husband Pat Simmons. Otherwise known to us as Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Brothers.

He's a really nice guy....and actually invited me to sit with them for dinner but I politely declined. I DID get a photo with them!

I see that Pat has his own bike for the CannonBall run this year...so if you stop to help work on this blue bike....you might want to ask to take a picture!

:happy34:

http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/index.php?option=com_sobipro&pid=55&sid=167:100-Pat-Simmons&Itemid=109

This year's route:

http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=255&Itemid=53

What does he mean, he's NOT B2DAD????? What the heck does THAT mean? He should be MORE like B2dad and at least DRIVE his trike once in awhile. LOLOL

slacking off Bobby!!! I would have vouched for you...but come to think of it...I have NOT seen your trike since we were at the International in NY! HMMMM...did you give it up? Pray tell....:whistling:

What does he mean, he's NOT B2DAD????? What the heck does THAT mean? He should be MORE like B2dad and at least DRIVE his trike once in awhile. LOLOL

slacking off Bobby!!! I would have vouched for you...but come to think of it...I have NOT seen your trike since we were at the International in NY! HMMMM...did you give it up? Pray tell....:whistling:

ah oh Bongo,,, as an underling in our employment circumstance (folks who were not at Raggys party wont understand that comment but I assure you folks, Bongo does) I guess it was my responsibility to warn you about not following the script..

B2Mom, I assure you next time someone will try and keep a closer eye on our CEO,, I mean,, BongoBob!!:rotf:

Hmmmmmmmm,, sounds to me like we have the makings for another Poll to be taken,, what do ya think Buckshot? It almost sounds like we may have underestimated our good buddy Bongo's state of bikership...

On another note, wonder if anyone else noticed the really neat shirt Buckshot was wearing during this event? That shirt sure had me making a lot of trips thru Raggy and Jeannies kitchen while I was there :rotf:

Sure looks like fun to ride the Cannonball.

Hmmm....wonder if I can just tag along and pay my own way!!!

The Cannonball is set up to be for antique bikes of no later models than specified for any given event.. The Cannonball Run we followed was for 29 and earlier bikes only BUT, indeed, you can tag along on your own for the whole trip if you want to..

Tippy and I were out at the Sturgis Rally and heard about it out there.. We came home specifically to do what you are suggesting VideoAZ!!

On the way home, Tippy says "so lets see here, we have covered half the country this year on a bike and now you wanna go follow these bikes on basically the same tour, sounds like fun but I still dont understand why".. My response "cause sooner of later one of those old bikes is gonna break down and when it does,, ya never know, I may get to work on the Holy Grail!!".. Guess what Dave,, IT WORKED!! Short vid of the results are here

Oh, by the way AZ, you also gotta remember that the Cannonball is a race and the bikes get really spread out.. Couple here, couple there so its not like following a large group of really cool old bikes all riding together.. Still a LOT of fun though,, just gotta be patient and wait in certain areas if ya wanna see em all...

I would love to back you Bob,, I mean I did see it,, but you know about this age thing,,,,, well I just can't remember when,,, but I knowed it wasn't today when you was here.,, But we did have a long talk about air-conditioning.

Guest tx2sturgis
Sure looks like fun to ride the Cannonball.

Hmmm....wonder if I can just tag along and pay my own way!!!

Anyone and everyone are welcome to do just that...for as much of the ride as you like....just dont get in the way, and realize that this event is made up of a lot of people that have time and money to do this...some of them are millionaires many times over...but a few are just blue collar guys.

As Wise Ol' Puc stated, they get pretty spread out during the day but at the evening stops, its a sight to behold as all the clattering old bikes rattle in...one here....one there...maybe two together...maybe...and the riders are usually exhausted...these are not touring bikes...they werent made to keep a rider's butt happy and comfy for 300 miles a day. No sir.

Some of these 5-10 hp old bikes travel at 25-40 mph...I'm not kidding. So after 10 or 12 hours riding on the side of the road, HOPING they wont get creamed by SUVs doing 80...they may or may not be in a mood to visit with spectators.

But there is sometimes a need for volunteers, mechanics, and recovery vehicles.

I got a pic of a BMW that was setup for just that: Recovery.

That old Militaire? Wooden wheels.

You wont see a GPS unit anywhere. They used printed trip charts that they scroll as they ride.

Its a hoot!

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

I'm innocent I say.....I just have not seen Bongo's trike this year. B2Mom and Dad's meet....he brought the car. Rag's meet....guess what...brought the car again. Bongo mumbled something about a bad battery and a spare battery that was bad aslo......Very convenient Bob...:stirthepot:

What does he mean, he's NOT B2DAD????? What the heck does THAT mean?

Really Patti.....Puc and I laughed at that comment....we thought it was a pretty quick comeback for old Bongo...:rotf:

On another note, wonder if anyone else noticed the really neat shirt Buckshot was wearing during this event? That shirt sure had me making a lot of trips thru Raggy and Jeannies kitchen while I was there :rotf:

Now Puc.....I like my shirt...I think its funny...:crackup:

Watched the video and I have to say it seemed to me more about a bearded guy looking for attention by the way of picking on Bob who has a beautiful trike then there's this guy wearing a shirt saying gotta P ? Gotta wear a shirt to remind yourself to P ? Really

:stirthepot: :whistling:

Puc & Gil you to having to much fun ! Gil give Gail big hug for me !

Buddy

At least he put miles on his bike before he sold it...just saying.

I know that bongo bob is trying to save his bike for future use...if he ever gets on it again. DEAD BATTERY INDEED!!

Yes Gil, saw your shirt & I have to say I agree with Buddy. Guess old age is catching up to you when you have to remind yourself why you headed into the house after the food was all gone.

And Puc...the king of pot stirrers! Maybe we will meet again down the road. Got plans for Labor Day weekend? Great meet n eat at eureka Springs, AR. It's on the calendar. Check it out. Great group going....you can make some more new friends.

Hey bongo bob...here's a chance for you to finally ride your trike somewhere!! LOLOL.

Don:whistling:

Oh Mr. Pucster (and Mr. Buckshot)...

Just a second here,, got a hunk of crows meat caught in my throat... :rotf:Oh well, crow aint that bad, goes great with the humble pie Tip just slid in front of me..

Glad you got that gorgeous bike back on her feet Bongo!!

That was soooooo much fun finally getting to meet you my brother.. Now that we are reunited as brothers, I wonder if we will be welcome at other partys at the same time:stirthepot: