IGNORED

2015 Venture

midnightrider1300

I work for a yamaha dealership in sales...my GM was telling me that our Yamaha rep said to look for 2 new touring bikes in 2015.. V twin platform is all he was told, but look for vast improvements & updates over the old platform meaning VENTURE...oh yea price tag in the 20's....guess time will tell...

I'm not paying $20 grand for any motorcycle.......no matter how good it is. I just don't have the perception of value at those numbers. I think Yamaha is digging their own grave..............AND, I also think anyone paying that sort of money for a mc is a fool.....hmmm...I seem to be surrounded by fools whenever I ride.:whistling::no-no-no:

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA 45 years mc riding.

When I was down in PA last Thursday I stopped into a Yamaha dealership for some parts and had a chat with one of the guys behind the counter. He told me that he had heard from a friend working for a Yamaha regional office that they were working on a fuel injected version of the V-4 to put into a new design touring bike. So - there's a little more fuel to the rumour fire!

Andy

I'm not paying $20 grand for any motorcycle.......no matter how good it is. ..........AND, I also think anyone paying that sort of money for a mc is a fool........

Harley "Touring" bikes fit in this price range....Goldwings in the low $30's and up...

To me, a V-twin is not a Venture. Yamaha has a great V-4 with the V-Max engine.

My list of reasons for getting my RSV were :

- shaft drive

- liquid cooled

- four cylinder

- riding comfort - foot position, arm position

Didn't matter to me then and doesn't matter to me now whether it is EFI or carburated. If the "new" model had the requirements above, I wouldn't care if it came with a cassette !

I've said it before, as have others, and I'll say it again.

Why would Yamaha spend ultra bucks to develop a V-4 for the V-Max, a very, very limited niche (production) bike and not use that power plant in a larger market vehicle??

This would NOT be a smart financial move on their part. They would not see a return on their investment for eons that way.

If they don't use it in a new touring bike then they are fools!!

Hopefully, whatever they bring out, maybe there will be some good deals on new/old stock bikes and I can afford a new/old Venture. :thumbsup2:

I heard from a friend who has a friend who has a cousin who has a brother inlaw who has a friend who's brother that works for Yamaha and the new Venture is going to be a quiet flat V6 with an 8 speed automatic gearbox with reverse, 8 inch display on the dash displaying all engine info with back up camera and a trike option.

I heard from a friend who has a friend who has a cousin who has a brother inlaw who has a friend who's brother that works for Yamaha and the new Venture is going to be a quiet flat V6 with an 8 speed automatic gearbox with reverse, 8 inch display on the dash displaying all engine info with back up camera and a trike option.

:rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

Warning: sic humor on 2015 Venture!

Tennessee Beach property for sale

Right next to the Blue Ridge Parkway

Must sale quick, Wife left and took the bank accounts.

225,000 acres with one mile BRP front. 300 yards of beach front.

Altitude ranges from 4500' to 767' ASL

Will sacrfice at $200,000.00. THAT IS LESS THAN A BUCK AND ACRE.

Speaking of Bucks. There have been counted 3 herds with 30-40 in each herd seen along side the blue whales that swim near the beach.

PM me if interested.

Edited by TDunc

I'm not paying $20 grand for any motorcycle.......no matter how good it is. I just don't have the perception of value at those numbers. I think Yamaha is digging their own grave..............AND, I also think anyone paying that sort of money for a mc is a fool.....hmmm...I seem to be surrounded by fools whenever I ride.:whistling::no-no-no:

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA 45 years mc riding.

You are showing your age Peter. There was a time when I thought paying 30,000 plus for any vehicle was ridiculous. The economic reality is such that average vehicle prices range in conjunction with average income. Throughout the past few decades the majority of vehicles seem to be valued somewhere around the average yearly income. MC's always seemed to be significantly less than the cost of a four wheeler which would appear to make sense. In North America, MC's do not make up a significant portion of normal transportation and are commonly considered to be a sport or a leisure pastime. As such they can demand a higher value than would be common to something considered a necessity.

Yamaha has been developing inline 3 cylinder engines...even that would be better than a twin.

Much as I like new vehicles... I've got too much invested in my '09 so unless I were to get a buyer that would pay me enough to cover all the extra's, or unless the bits and pieces could be transferred to a new model... I'll be staying with the '09 for some time.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA 45 years mc riding.[/

I admire people who can keep those antiques running and on the road. Keep up the good work Pete.:thumbsup2:

I heard a similar thing...2015 will include a new Venture.

Regardless, if they keep the V4, they only have to change the electronics and fuel delivery to keep it a viable engine...unless...they may have emission issues. But I can't see that, FI should be better than carbs.

Well...we have another year to enjoy our rides...then we shall see..