IGNORED

True to Form

saddlebum

Well although this was not my first ride of 2014 it was the first Non-Solo ride for Carl and me yesterday, going out for about a 3-4 hour ride. Since we were on Carl's turf, I let Him lead.

Welllll, True to Form Carl managed to squeeze in, an out of the way coffee and food stop, a mechanical failure, mis-direction, change of destination (thrice), the all famous U-turn (ok not so famous since it did not include a barnyard tour) and last but not least an Ice Cream stop.

So yes I can honestly say Carl is in prime shape to do another tour, as ride captain for yet another season of group rides.:thumbsup2:

Ohh I forgot :doh: He did leave out a dirt road :confused24: But 5 0ut 0f 6 ain't bad :hurts:

Edited by saddlebum

Sure,,, here we go again,,, I get the 'credit' and I don't need the money.

Actually,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ben started it,,, Ben begged for me to get my scooter back together so we could go for a ride on Saturday (Yesterday). He then shows up and instantly needs to fix his road runner, some problem with the CB if I remember correctly,,, then, when we is ready to ride and he is all fueled up, he has lost direction and flatly refuses to lead,,,, soooo,,, I'm not about to sit at the gas station all afternoon, so I leave and then he starts to follow,,, real Ben-like. It's around noon so I stop in at the first Timmies I see and we have something to eat, after which he notices a growing puddle under my scoot. Turns out it's fuel related, so we have to head back home. I was on my way too see Ground Hugger, but Ben would hear none of it, said something about danger,,,,, now what could be dangerous about Ground Hugger, other that the fact he might sit on me,,,,, but Ben was so worried, we headed home,,,'course when we got there all was well.

So we headed in the other direction, because Ben felt evil omens going south,, so north we went to find an Ice-Cream stop. Now BEN thought that maybe we was going to visit Hal & Gayle, but just because they live north of us doesn't mean when you go north that that's where I was going,,, with Ben following,,,,,,, we turn off and now head west,,,, now he thinks we are going to spend time with BradT, but I'm smarter than that,,, they have shovels, dirt and a flower bed,,, not going there, no sir,,,,, but we do stop in at SleepyIIs to see if they are home,, I just knew there would be no yard work, fixing scoots or anything else laborious but maybe we'd get some ice cream and I wouldn't have to pay for it. They were home, but they must have been fresh out, for even though I hinted a couple of times, even very broadly, and I even let Ben hug Bev,, no showing of that cool stuff, so we carried on to Bartlays and enjoyed the first ICE-CREAM outing this year.

During our foray in Woodstock we did a u-turn but we avoided gravel. I was not aware that Ben soo badly wanted to ride gravel or I would have thrown that into the mix as well,, maybe we'll do a barn-yard next time.

SOooooooooo....Sadlebums tooo good to come visit is HE!!!!!:stickpoke:

I wont forget THAT and Wait till I TELL the WIFE!!!! :backinmyday:

HE WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THIS!!!! And I MEAN DEARLY!!! :yikes:

AND yesterday was a FANTASTIC day I even got the OLD XJ out and cleaned her up and ready for the road!!!:group cheers:

Calling us Canadiens is a real war starter if I ever saw one!!!! Them Yanks are really cruising for bruising if you ask me!!! :buttkick:

Nah, the War of 1812 made the point. They won't come north for another arse-kicking.

SOooooooooo....Sadlebums tooo good to come visit is HE!!!!!:stickpoke:

I wont forget THAT and Wait till I TELL the WIFE!!!! :backinmyday:

HE WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THIS!!!! And I MEAN DEARLY!!! :yikes:

AND yesterday was a FANTASTIC day I even got the OLD XJ out and cleaned her up and ready for the road!!!:group cheers:

Hold on just one minute there. I was looking forward to going to Ground Hugger's for a visit. It was Carl who changed the destination saying that due to the delay and the time it was getting to be that it was probably too late to get Ice Cream at Hugger's now and if there was no ice cream it was not worth going, so he switched to ice cream plan B I would have still been happy to just visit. Ice cream or not :innocent-emoticon:

It took you a looooooong time to come up with that story !!!!! Carl!! Carl!!! Is he telling the truth??? :think:

Hey not all of us are retired. Some of us still work 10 hour shifts and don't have all day to sit and read VR.org. Plus it took me what little available time I had to read through Carls long long story. It was so long you would almost think he was standing up at the front of a meet and eat and telling it. :whistling:

I think if you lump them all into the category of "Cunuk" you can insult all of them at once Bongo.

But I wouldn't recommend that to my fellow VentureRiders.

Them Cunuks are a feisty bunch. :whistling:

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Now what gives you the notion that we would consider being called Cunucks, an insult. We are proud to be Cunucks. Now its a good thing that despite being fiesty we are also extremely tolerant. If we really got ticked off we would invade your soil like locusts eating all the ICE CREAM in our path. Should that ever happen you would be in real trouble because you would now have to face BIG TOM and explain as to why you kicked the sleeping dog, and caused an ice cream drought. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.:backinmyday:

Edited by saddlebum

Well thanks for the visit Carl & Saddlebum even tho it was a short one.

In my defence I had worked midnight shift over-time and had gone on a ride with Phantom Wife(about a 100klm or better) so I was about getting ready to get some sleep in a while.

Now what gives you the notion that we would consider being called Cunucks, an insult. We are proud to be Cunucks. Now its a good thing that despite being fiesty we are also extremely tolerant. If we really got ticked off we would invade your soil like locusts eating all the ICE CREAM in our path. Should that ever happen you would be in real trouble because you would now have to face BIG TOM and explain as to why you kicked the sleeping dog, and caused an ice cream drought. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.:backinmyday:

My Bad!!!!!

Please accept my sincere apology and we don't have ice cream in Minnesota, it is all gone. Really!

It all just dried up. I think Big Tom must have visited here or something. Check his neck of the woods out. He is probably hording it all for himself.

Ya that's it. It's all Big Tom's fault.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Not to be confused with a round toit.