IGNORED

I was thinking along the lines of GodLover's recent post

SilvrT

It's been almost a year since I bought my Victory and I've been spending a lot of time on those forums. I still come here on a regular basis but I'm finding that there just aren't many threads that grab my attention anymore. In addition, aside from a bit of humour now and then, I've little to contribute.

My subscription is coming due soon and I've been struggling with the idea of renew or not renew.

Well, I've decided!

Glad to see you won't be abandoning us people in the lower 48.:dancefool:

Remember our saying:

An eating club with a MC disorder. :banana::banana::banana:

You can never leave .......ever! :whistling:

Kind of like Hotel California.

Glad you decided to stay....so we don't have to hunt you down. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Glad to see you won't be abandoning us people in the lower 48.:dancefool:

hmmm... I just re-read my post and I don't see where I said if I was staying or not. Are you trying to brainwash me by these comments? :stickpoke:

hmmm... I just re-read my post and I don't see where I said if I was staying or not. Are you trying to brainwash me by these comments? :stickpoke:

Rick !

Let me put this simple:

You are not leaving :no-no-no: - you are staying ! :)

And thats final you hear !!! :bighug:

Honestly - would hate to see you leave and not seeing posts from you again :shock3:

I'm still here even tho we in a convertible now

Yes I miss my cycles very much yes I feel out place at meets & Rally's in our convertible but our friends here in venturerider help over come that feeling!

And that Peg & I been here since end of 2005 guess we be here while longer

Never can tell I might buy another motorcycle just to bug Peg lol

Edited by buddy

uh ... guess I should mention ... I'm stikkin around, at least for another year (or 3).

Got to stay in touch with all you rang-a-tangs coz when we retire and do our year long ride we'll be knockin on doors lookin for handouts LOL

It's been almost a year since I bought my Victory and I've been spending a lot of time on those forums. I still come here on a regular basis but I'm finding that there just aren't many threads that grab my attention anymore. In addition, aside from a bit of humour now and then, I've little to contribute.

My subscription is coming due soon and I've been struggling with the idea of renew or not renew.

Well, I've decided!

:think: You're a member here? huh, I don't recall your handle....well welcome aboard anyway....................:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:think: You're a member here? huh, I don't recall your handle....well welcome aboard anyway....................:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The saying goes "there's one in every crowd" ... but in this forum, just know one thing Big Tom ... you're not alone! :stickpoke: :rotfl: :rasberry:

SilverT,

Glad youre stayin.

Let me ask ya; how's the CCT doin? Had any issues with it yet?

Just over 15,000 kms now. ZERO issues .... ooops, that's wrong, I thought I had a head gasket leaking but further examination showed that the crank case breather tube had come loose where it connects to the air intake just under the tank. Oil vapour was condensing and dripping down to the fins and flowing off that just where the head and cylinders meet. I fixed it myself. That said, they have experienced some mfg flaws and have, in fact, had to replace the heads of a few bikes.

Not much being reported on the forums as far as real problems though. As in most forums, you will have the whiners ... too much buffeting, too much engine heat, tranny is too clunky, yadda yadda yadda .... I don't notice anything like that on mine to be worth whining about. Hardly any buffeting and I have a short shield. I reduced the heat by removing the catalytic convertors. Tranny does clunk going into 1st and sometimes 2nd but so what... it's the nature of the beast.

Very easy to boost the performance of these bikes. Being that they have to conform to EPA regs, etc... they are "tuned down" quite a bit. One of the simplest and most cost effective mods is what is called an Advance Timing Wheel. Timing is "locked in" via a gear on the primary from the factory. This wheel allows you to advance (or retard) the timing by up to 8 degrees. I've set mine at 4 advance and it makes a big improvement in bottom end power. Then there's the Power Commander V and Autotune which can really make these bikes come alive. Some guys are pushing around 130 hp & tq AT THE WHEEL. I've seen their dyno charts.

We're seeing more and more Vics on the road and there's a lot of HD owners switching over. Many of them were long time HD .... now saying they'll nver go back. Even quite a few ex-Venture owners now riding Vics and the odd ex-Wingers.

sorry, guess I'm rambling LOL but given an open door on this subject, I can't help myself.

Just remember that if you leave here, that your support group will not be able to keep you from making a bigger mistake and buying a Harley. It's bad enough you were able to sneak out and get the Victory..

Just remember that if you leave here, that your support group will not be able to keep you from making a bigger mistake and buying a Harley. It's bad enough you were able to sneak out and get the Victory..

Actually, I was riding a Wing at the time .. oddly enuf, nobody said anything about "sneaking out" then :scratchchin::confused24:

Actually, I was riding a Wing at the time .. oddly enuf, nobody said anything about "sneaking out" then :scratchchin::confused24:

You just can't sneak on a Wing,,,, you should know that!!

So welcome back, and I would kind of miss you, if you up and left us. Just remember that this is a civil site,, and most of us are at least somewhat civil.

I'm still here even tho we in a convertible now

Yes I miss my cycles very much yes I feel out place at meets & Rally's in our convertible but our friends here in venturerider help over come that feeling!

And that Peg & I been here since end of 2005 guess we be here while longer

Never can tell I might buy another motorcycle just to bug Peg lol

I couldn't care less what transportation Buddy, Peg and the rest of you use to get to the events. It's the PEOPLE that make the site enjoyable. All this nonsense on what rides and on here for X years....just stop. For $1 a month you get unlimited advice, tips, service questions asked, family gatherings, humor, accessories, ideas, companionship and lasting friendship. Where can you get all of that for $1 per month????? Perhaps we shouldn't take the site for granted. If you don't contribute, then start! If you're starting a new chapter in life, SHARE. Everyone learns and feels grateful for some person, article or post from here at one point or another. For me, I wanna see. Buddy, Patti and the rest of the gang, regardless of ride, or other assorted reasons...

Just over 15,000 kms now. ZERO issues .... ooops, that's wrong, I thought I had a head gasket leaking but further examination showed that the crank case breather tube had come loose where it connects to the air intake just under the tank. Oil vapour was condensing and dripping down to the fins and flowing off that just where the head and cylinders meet. I fixed it myself. That said, they have experienced some mfg flaws and have, in fact, had to replace the heads of a few bikes.

Not much being reported on the forums as far as real problems though. As in most forums, you will have the whiners ... too much buffeting, too much engine heat, tranny is too clunky, yadda yadda yadda .... I don't notice anything like that on mine to be worth whining about. Hardly any buffeting and I have a short shield. I reduced the heat by removing the catalytic convertors. Tranny does clunk going into 1st and sometimes 2nd but so what... it's the nature of the beast.

Very easy to boost the performance of these bikes. Being that they have to conform to EPA regs, etc... they are "tuned down" quite a bit. One of the simplest and most cost effective mods is what is called an Advance Timing Wheel. Timing is "locked in" via a gear on the primary from the factory. This wheel allows you to advance (or retard) the timing by up to 8 degrees. I've set mine at 4 advance and it makes a big improvement in bottom end power. Then there's the Power Commander V and Autotune which can really make these bikes come alive. Some guys are pushing around 130 hp & tq AT THE WHEEL. I've seen their dyno charts.

We're seeing more and more Vics on the road and there's a lot of HD owners switching over. Many of them were long time HD .... now saying they'll nver go back. Even quite a few ex-Venture owners now riding Vics and the odd ex-Wingers.

sorry, guess I'm rambling LOL but given an open door on this subject, I can't help myself.

Thats good to hear you're liking the CCT. Yes, there's always the whiners on any forum. Some folks aren't happy unless they're raising a stink. I love the CCT. I think it has a great modern look to it that sets it apart from the standard bikes. The Vision is a little too far out there as far as the looks department. So, if I go Vic, it'll be the CCT. If they were to water cool it like HD did their bike this year, money would be flying outta my pocket to acquire me a new CCT.

I could stand to have one of those red and black anniversary CCT's in my garage.

If they were to water cool it like HD did their bike this year, money would be flying outta my pocket to acquire me a new CCT.

I could stand to have one of those red and black anniversary CCT's in my garage.

From my perspective, it makes no difference to me if a bike is "water" cooled or not. The Vic is air and oil cooled and they have a fairly large oil cooler. These engines run cooler than an HD and bike engines have been air cooled since the beginning. Some complain about the excess heat but that is coming from the exhaust on these bikes, not the engine so much. The catalytic converters are the source of it and those are right under your feet. Remove them and it's a world of difference.

Yes, that anniv edition is a sharp looker.