IGNORED

International Rally Grand Prize Suggestions

Freebird

For the past several years, we have auctioned a trailer for the grand prize at the International. Maybe it's time to change that for a while but I want your feedback on the issue. I thought about doing a poll but decided to just let you make your suggestions because you may have some that I would not include in a poll.

So what would you buy raffle tickets for? Trailer? Zumo GPS, an assortment of small prizes with GPS, Cameras, etc?

We were actually trying to work a deal on a camper this year but it is just too expensive and would pretty much wipe out our reserve funds if enough tickets weren't sold.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CASH--------that soft,warm green stuff!---------the winner COULD purchase:what his heart desires-------------I've never purchased tickets fer a trailer!-------------cash would b a great motovator??????????:mo money::mo money::mo money::thumbsup2::usa::usa:

+1:mo money:

The problem with :"Trailer? Zumo GPS, an assortment of small prizes with GPS, Cameras" is that anyone that has been riding awhile, aleady has one..

I suggested it last year...

Edited by CaptainJoe

I've entered the trailer draws because I have a Harbor Freight Tag Along and something nicer would be good. It has served it's purpose but something "fancier" would be nice. Mind you, my next trailer I'd like a Leesur-Lite tent trailer.

It's true that most of us have gps, cameras, and assorted extras.

How about a gift card for an online store or from a hotel chain? With a gift card for a hotel the winner could use it when travelling or even a few weekend escapes.

Trip to Hawaii!!

First place winner gets an all expenses paid trip to Buffalo

Second place winner gets two weeks...

In February . Includes a gold plated snow shovel. :snow2:

Prize ideas

Zumo

full set of heated gear

A set of Diamond cuts and all the Bling slowrollwv makes

1 set of tires per year, for 4 years

A new CVO Road Glide

Full conversion kit to LED lighting

I've entered the trailer draws because I have a Harbor Freight Tag Along and something nicer would be good. It has served it's purpose but something "fancier" would be nice. Mind you, my next trailer I'd like a Leesur-Lite tent trailer.

It's true that most of us have gps, cameras, and assorted extras.

How about a gift card for an online store or from a hotel chain? With a gift card for a hotel the winner could use it when travelling or even a few weekend escapes.

The runner up to Grand Prize is a 5 night get away, on the gorgeous Island of Sanibel Island, Florida. I personally have this purchase sealed. ( as my wife and I frequent the Island) and stay here, 3 to 5 times a year.

http://www.gbreeze.com

:cool10::thumbsup2:

Edited by Brake Pad

I like the idea of gift cards to stores / MC sites...things like that. Or maybe hotel stays at a chain that serves both US / Canada.

The prize that Brake Pad talks about...on Sanibel Island...well, its really far for alot of the members, especially if they want to ride their bikes. Not sure I would buy a ticket for that.

The prize needs to be something that appeals and is available to most of the members here. I really like the idea of a GC to say Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn...something like that. That way you could travel most anywhere and have a place to stay....or perhaps a gas GC...Shell.

That's my thoughts on the prize.

Patti

Personally, I don't need a prize, and I don't buy the ticket to get one. I figure the reason for a rally is to get together, have fun, meet each other and get to know those who I haven't met yet. It's also kind of nice to ride together and see a bit of the country side, eat together, have a couple of drinks to stay hydrated and listen to a lot of BS.

'Winning' stuff that you really don't have any need for, or no desire for, just seems to get in the way. If we need to do this to raise funds to keep the cost down, then we should charge what we need to so cover expenses. If we do this to have fun, then there is me,, and some others,,, who get kind of bored during this process.

But that is all my opinion, and now that I wrote it, you can read it.

Personally, I don't need a prize, and I don't buy the ticket to get one. I figure the reason for a rally is to get together, have fun, meet each other and get to know those who I haven't met yet. It's also kind of nice to ride together and see a bit of the country side, eat together, have a couple of drinks to stay hydrated and listen to a lot of BS.

'Winning' stuff that you really don't have any need for, or no desire for, just seems to get in the way. If we need to do this to raise funds to keep the cost down, then we should charge what we need to so cover expenses. If we do this to have fun, then there is me,, and some others,,, who get kind of bored during this process.

But that is all my opinion, and now that I wrote it, you can read it.

:goodpost:.............

I (like many here) don't need a trailer or some accessory that I can not use. The weekend getaway sounds great, but even at that expense I would rather see the money go back into the forum to help those family members in need when ever that unexpected sickness or death comes to their door.

I as well as Marcarl and many others here, like to meet those whom I have met in the past and know as friends, but I also to like to meet all the new members that I don't know

I like to ride and see bits of the country that I have not seen in a while, but I always hope the ride contains "virgin territory" for it brings a different level of excitement.

If you want stories, grab a cold one and a chair, for we all have a few.

I think that Marcarl and Eck have presented the feelings of the majority of folks who attend the IR and the other events hosted around the county.

For the past couple of years I have had the feeling that the primary thoughts behind the planning for the IR has been to "out do" the preceding year. Make it bigger. Make it Better. Unfortunately, that throught process also has the unintended consequence of making it More Expensive.

Some of the most enjoyable events I have attended have been Potato Creek One; Colorado, and Cody One and Two. You can't put a price on the memories or the friendships, and you don't find either of these on the prize table.

At both the Colorado and the Cody International rally's the prize tables were bowed down with donations from vendors and members. While I can't speak from personal experience, it was my understanding that the rally held in Canada and the New York Rally were the same.

For me, it is the little things with a personal touch. The spare gas can I received from Rocket after I ran out of gas in Yellow stone. An original copy of the Tee shirt design. The pins from Australia.

The original intent of the "Grand Prize" was fund raising to cover those unanticipated (and sometimes unfortunate) expenses so that someone doesn't have to dig into their own pocket to cover.

OK. Now I'll shut up....

The original intent of the "Grand Prize" was fund raising to cover those unanticipated (and sometimes unfortunate) expenses so that someone doesn't have to dig into their own pocket to cover.

My understanding was the big reason to having the raffle was to fund the SAF, and the trailer was the traditional prize. One of the reasons I bought raffle tickets was not to win a trailer, but because it was a way to support VR.org. I wanted to change the grand prize for Cody, but was over ruled. I didn't agree, and logistically it was a PITA, but it did raise SAF bucks which now should be very comfortably funded. I'm glad to see that thinking has finally changed.

So tossing in my suggestions for a Grand Prize would be a Carribian Venture Cruise for Two, which would be about the same value as a trailer, or a 50/50 cash raffle. Neither would be anywhere near the hastle of lining up a trailer... IMHO...

Cash is universal.

anyone can use it.

nothing else is.

motels? a lot of us camp

cruises? some of us never been never will

gas card? thats pretty good, but I only use BP fuel

and on and on

Thought the gist of this was to pick a less expensive gift.

I also agree, The rallies aren't about gifts, it's about the friendships.