IGNORED

Very sad news

We had the pleasure to meet Gunboat last year at International. I had talked to him several times on the subject of our Motortrike RSV's. He was always ready to help in anyway. We will miss him dearly. We pray you have a smooth ride to heaven.

God bless,

Steamer and RockinRobin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear, life is short enjoy it!

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Belinda and I join you all in expressing sorrow at the loss of our friend, Don. We were fortunate to be around Don on only three occasions, but you did not have to be around him for too long to realize what a fine person he was. He will be missed by all that knew him. God bless and prayers for the family to help them through this difficult time.

My heart hurts so, every thing that has been spoken is so true, they don`t come any better then that, Don was one of the first that welcomed me to this huge Family. Thanks for the pics Brad, I have many, many pics of Don, but having a real tough time looking through them right now. I am truly blessed to be able to call Don Family, and as Don would not want us to live in sorrow of his passing but to celebrate his life and our time together. GodSpeed my Friend.

I never had the privilege of meeting Gunboat but I have met many who are responding to the news of his passing. I must believe this is a great loss for all who knew him and for those of us who were not fortunate enough to be his friend. R.I.P. Prayers sent for family and friends

Don is a great man, when we met last year at International he introduced me and my wife to pecan coffee and since then a pound bag of coffee just would show up here at my house. My wife Lori was just asking me last week how he was. We just never know.

Loved his humble spirit and caring demeanor. All I will say is in that short time we shared a lifetime of friendship.

My sympathy to his family he will be so missed.

Angel and Lori

Man,

I just don't know what to say.

Terry and I are going to miss Don very much.

This is going to be tough to process.

Someone like this doesn't come by too often.

I guess we should be glad to have spent time and known him.

Big hugs to the Texas crew and his family.

T&T

Yes, as Brown Angel mentioned, every time we drink Pecan coffee we will think kindly of Don!! The only blessing in this is that we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Don is home in heaven right this minute and forever! Without that reassurance this would be even harder to take...

I want to share something with y'all, Monkey Boy and I were just talking on the phone. Many have mentioned here that Don would want us to celebrate his life, and they are absolutely right. I know many of us are still reeling from this, and this is to be expected.

Dave mentioned about 3 of us, that were given a gift by Gunboat. There were actually 5 of these gifts given, but only 3 were delivered to the final phase of the gift. Don baptized 3 of us in the Brazos, as master of ceremonies, he applied the soaking. When Dave mentioned this it made me laugh, and cry at the same time. I am so very fortunate to have been able to call Gunboat my friend, he really was like my 2nd father, and I loved him dearly....I still do.

So I wanted to post some "Fun" pics of Don being....Don, and blessing, David, Lonna and myself in the Brazos to make us officially Texans!

BTW: The other 2 Passports were given to Gary N and Bruce Iller from Ontario Canada

Good times for sure! So many more, and they will never be forgotten.

I want to share something with y'all, Monkey Boy and I were just talking on the phone. Many have mentioned here that Don would want us to celebrate his life, and they are absolutely right. I know many of us are still reeling from this, and this is to be expected.

Dave mentioned about 3 of us, that were given a gift by Gunboat. There were actually 5 of these gifts given, but only 3 were delivered to the final phase of the gift. Don baptized 3 of us in the Brazos, as master of ceremonies, he applied the soaking. When Dave mentioned this it made me laugh, and cry at the same time. I am so very fortunate to have been able to call Gunboat my friend, he really was like my 2nd father, and I loved him dearly....I still do.

So I wanted to post some "Fun" pics of Don being....Don, and blessing, David, Lonna and myself in the Brazos to make us officially Texans!

BTW: The other 2 Passports were given to Gary N and Bruce Iller from Ontario Canada

Jan and I were shocked at the news when we arrived home tonight. Rest well our friend.

We just recently had the privilege of getting to know Don. After selling his trailer to Alan and Annie, he made sure it was in top shape with a lot of work by Brad. He then drove 14+ hours and met up with us in Cortez last month to help us get it to Salt Lake. It left today to start it's trip to Portland.

We spent some wonderful time with him talking and enjoying a great dinner.

Any who didn't the chance to personally meet this great man have now missed a special moment.

Until we see you again....

Dave & Jan

Since Brad called me with the sad news this morning I have gone this entire day in shock. I simply cannot accept this news.

Boomer....with sadness and sorrow for a good man taken too soon.

I have been looking for words and Boomer said exactly how I have felt as well.

Ride on Brother until we meet again!!!

Edited by wes0778
Added Pictures

I am in shock over this

So hard to accept that he has moved on from our lives yet I know he is with the Father as we talk and remembering the blessing he left behind

Will be hard telling Peg in the morning about his passing she is asleep right now.

Don & I talked at nights when it was late nights, going to hard not having him around at nights to talk too Don is a blessing to my family and everyone he touched in life truly hard to accept he has moved on..

Please let me know if there will be any services for Don and if there is anything we can do for the family

Don is and forever more be my dear friend God speed my brother

Oh man what a shock and shame! We camped together at internationals twice. Met at various meets. Basically gave our daughter a lap top he won at the Arkansas International.

This morning I will have to inform Marilyn and Courtney of this sad time. It will put a damper on their trip south that starts tomorrow (flies out Monday).

Wow....I was so looking forward to seeing him again. A true gentleman, that impish glint in the eye...and some stories to tell.

Life well lived Don....thanks for sharing part of it with us.

:95: