IGNORED

major flood lost everthing

oldgoat

just to let every one know the illinois river flooded and took out my apartment. it,s under 5 ft of water. i lost every thing but some clothes the computer and my car.

right now ia m in a hotel looking for a new apartment.

so kevin leadwolf58 and mike eusa1 if you see this it will be a while before we can get the bike to me. dont worry i still can do the rootbeer when the time comes. i figure i lost about $4000 worth of personal stuff. even a brand new $175 helmet i forgot that i took it into the apartment the day before. damn it i am so depressed right now..

i will rebuild it will just take time.

james

aka oldgoat

Geez, James

I saw in the paper that James H--- had to bail from his apartment and left a helmet and signed Vikings jacket, but I certainly didn't know that was you.

Really sorry to learn about your misfortune. This is as you know by now a record flood of the Illinois River, the second high water record in five years.

Stay dry.

just to let every one know the illinois river flooded and took out my apartment. it,s under 5 ft of water. i lost every thing but some clothes the computer and my car.

right now ia m in a hotel looking for a new apartment.

so kevin leadwolf58 and mike eusa1 if you see this it will be a while before we can get the bike to me. dont worry i still can do the rootbeer when the time comes. i figure i lost about $4000 worth of personal stuff. even a brand new $175 helmet i forgot that i took it into the apartment the day before. damn it i am so depressed right now..

i will rebuild it will just take time.

james

aka oldgoat

Old Goat what kind of helmet do you like...I've got a fairly new Bell Mag9 XL in matte black. I sealed up the vents to see if would be quieter. Other than that its like new. If you want it I can mail it to you. Just PM me an address and it's yours. James

Edited by jfoster

Old goat i know how you feel i lost everything in hurricain Katrina to her flooding i had 33 ft of water where i lived stay safe and dry it will get better just takes time i know im still trying to recover from that and my m/c accident in nov its a long road but doable my praayers are with you

You are a VentureRider so still on our list for involvement, in this case for now,,,, prayer. He has helped you through many troubles, and it seems that you are expecting Him to do so again. He will! Imagine what it would be like without His involvement.

Count your blessings, name them one by one.

Count your blessings, see what He has done.

If you need more help, let us know.

Heart is with you, we are flooded but in good shape , we were supposed to crest today. I moved some floating trees out of the yard and into the channel this am, still a ton of debris floating here

Hope you stay safe and don't experience loss as well.

Well, best look for some " higher ground " as they say, for a replacement place to live !!

At least you don't have to repair the building !!

Maby look into " Renters Insurance " I have been hearing a lot of advertising for that type of insurance latly . Hmmm ??

Sorry about the loss, but at least you can walk away from a Rental.

Old Goat, we all are praying for you! Do you have a Pay Pal account or a mailing address? I would like to send you a little money to help in some way.

The Lord has blessed us...We are in a position to help out if you need it.

my paypal is hackstudio@yahoo.com

i thank you all for prayers and help.

i will get through this. i see others are fighing this as well and my prayers go out to you as well. so far i called 8 places that are for rent here and no answers? thinking maybe the ladlords live some where else and not near thwere apartments and maybe they to got flooded out and can not return my calls? i am in a motel that charges $185 a wekk and i am coverd till thursday. dont get my ssdi check till the 3rd of next month so i will look for a shelter or redcross for help for another week here at the motel? will see how it goes thanks every one.

my paypal is hackstudio@yahoo.com

i thank you all for prayers and help.

i will get through this. i see others are fighing this as well and my prayers go out to you as well. so far i called 8 places that are for rent here and no answers? thinking maybe the ladlords live some where else and not near thwere apartments and maybe they to got flooded out and can not return my calls? i am in a motel that charges $185 a wekk and i am coverd till thursday. dont get my ssdi check till the 3rd of next month so i will look for a shelter or redcross for help for another week here at the motel? will see how it goes thanks every one.

James,

We got you covered for another week.

Well, best look for some " higher ground " as they say, for a replacement place to live !!

At least you don't have to repair the building !!

Maby look into " Renters Insurance " I have been hearing a lot of advertising for that type of insurance latly . Hmmm ??

Sorry about the loss, but at least you can walk away from a Rental.

Renters insurance want pay for a flood.

Goat I too have run in to some awful luck last year. My wife passed in June, I lost my home with everything I owned from Hurricane Sandy, then where I evacuated a levy broke and I lost my car. Trust me I know what you are going thru. All I can tell you the first 10 minutes of looking at you stuff the pain does start to reside. You will soon realize it's just things and begin to care less and less. Salvage what you can if you can and just move on. I am finally realizing life is just to precious to mourn and feel sorry for yourself for to long. Just move on and start a whole new beginning. I saved the bike first thing and man it's just to great to get my free therapy rides in. Can't wait for this season to start. God bless you and get out and enjoy life soon you will see that at least you have great memories and are ready for new adventure. Just a note I am not saying this for sympathy or taking over this thread I am just trying to help him put things into perspective. It's hard now but things will get better.