IGNORED

No Mo Ammo

Yama Mama

I went out yesterday to try to find some 7.62X39 for an SKS I am picking up tomorrow and there was absolutely nothing i can find in the metro Detroit area. Also I looked for some 9mm for a hi-point carbine and same story. Good news is I am trading that hi-point +$50 (w/ 80 rounds of ammo) for that SKS and I am getting 200+ rounds with that :cool10:.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not just ammo that is getting scarce.

I reload for most of what I shoot. The reloading supplies are just as scarce and the prices of whats left have gone just as nuts. even the less popular stuff is out, like 6.5mm bullets, and 7mm bullets.

If you have any excess 6.5 x 55 (swiss) ammo lets talk.

The ammo shelves of Walmart and Academy Sports stay empty here. If you are not there within the first 30 minutes of re-stocking you are out of luck. Folks are doing serious BUYING and HOARDING of both guns and ammo around here for sure. We went to a recent Gun Show in Lake Charles and it was an easy 1 hour in line wait just to get into the Civic Center. While I found/bought ammo I wanted the price was steep....grrrrrrr.....price gouging on everything!:(

Boomer....who sez he kin wipe out a lotta zombies now.:whistling:

I make my own ammo, except for .22lr and shotgun. I invested in reloading equipment a few years ago. I Reload .38special, .380, 9mm, 45acp, and .45colt. Brass is reusable, powder is cheap and lasts a long time. Once or twice a year I buy primers (local stores, they are hazardous mat'ls to ship) and bullets (mail order). If you shoot a lot it costs a lot less than buying boxed ammo.

when I go to my monthly matches I can go through 80 pistol rounds , 80 rifle rounds, and 50 shotgun rounds.:cool10:

I've got a Dillon 650 progressive press for handgun loads and small/medium sized rifle calibers. And a RCBS single stage for the larger rifle calibers or small lots of anything I don't want to setup on the Dillon. Also have a Lee hand press that takes standard dies and several of the old Lee-Loaders for fooling with. Probably 20 calibers. I stocked up on primers and powder 2 years ago as well as some .38 and .45 cast bullets. I meant to buy a supply of 9mm jacketed bullets for reloading, sounds like I waited too long?

I went to several local gun shops today. The shelvs look like they are in the middle of a going out of business sale. LOTS of empty shelves and display cases. Anything even remotely common is gone. Several dealers will only sell a max of 2 boxes of ammo with a gun purchase. No ammo sales without a new gun.

One dealer told me that people are coming in and buying out the 9mm at $30 for a box of 50 and taking it to gun shows and getting up to $80 per box.

Its nuts out there.

Guest scarylarry

$80.00 a box?

I think I will be selling some 9mm 50 round boxes..

If they will pay that, I can spare some..

I had no idea that it was that going for that much a box...

I got lucky on the .223's. Right before it got nuts. I was in a store thinking I'm almost out, and this is going to get bad. Over in the corner of the ammo shelf hidden in the back was 3 boxes of .223's (1000 rounds each). My neighbors and I each bought 1 box. Got lucky.......Normally this wouldnt last real long. Lots of target shooting etc. But I am going to make it last.

We are looking for the 38 special ammo. We went to Florence Kentucky over the weekend and had no luck there either. I appreciate all the suggestions.

We were told that Dick's is not allowed to even tell customers when their delivery's are. They were having lines of people there when the store opened when they knew when the delivery trucks were coming in.

Yama Mama

Its funny how easy it is to scare people into buying more than they'll ever need. Ahhh good old Capitalism,supply,demand and gouging! Oddly I bet the liberals and their gun laws do more to make the gun manufacturers, ammo produces, and gun show people rich than any other factor!:witch_brew:

and Im buying them as fast as I can afford a new one. Wright now Im lusting over a S&W 40ve 40cal...thing feels great in my hand.

David

Had one of those a couple of years ago. Sold it. The trigger stunk on it. had a really long travel for some reason. Picked up a Beretta and a Ruger P95. Both are great and way better then the S&Wve.