IGNORED

Warning!

CaptainJoe

This time of year alot of people will be doing various things to their bikes or other equiptment, in order to get them ready for next year...

Make sure you wear proper saftey gear for the job at hand...

Specifically....saftey glasses.

I just got a shot of carb cleaner in both eyes after having worn them all day.

Really wanted to paint my 612 Dozer blade today, had it all stripped down and took the glasses off (they were fogging up) to finnish up the corners and hard to reach areas with my scaler.

When i went to clean the debri off of the scaling gun, you guessed it, the carb cleaner went in to my eyes and right now I'm hoping the damage is not permanent...

Wear the saftey gear all the time, and above all else .... Know when to call it quits...

Joe, unfortunetly...been there, done that. It is a real pain to have ones' vision messed up. Hopefully yours will get back to what it was, and your eyes will be fine.

Considering you are typing well, and did a good job of spelling, you must be doing...okay.

Please let us know when things are back to normal.:223:

Thanks for all the well wishers...

Going to eye drs. this morning. I am seeing ok this morning, but definately not 100 percent.

Going to buy an eye flush kit (looks like an hour glass that holds saline sloution) and large bottle of saline to keep in the garage. will also buy some vented saftey glasses at stihl shop and face shields at HF. Also REFRESH eye drops, they really work.

When it happened, I had walked to my moms(she didn't have any) then up to the house to start to get the carb fluid out of my eyes... way to long when your eyes are burning...

Should be ok but he may prescribe something to promote healing...

thanks again Joe

Hope you heal 100%.

I have even thougt about having the MSDSs for the stuff I have they are real easy to get.

Understand about the safety glasses, I was grinding the other day and when I took off my safety glasses there was a small piece of metal embbeded in them.

Good thing it wasnt the old "good stuff" carb cleaner, you would be in trouble. lol Seriously though glad things are looking OK. Any of us that have worked in the automotive repair industry have probably had this kind of thing happen at on time or another. Usualy when it bites you is when you have "just one small thing to finnish or touch up" and you lay the glasses off to the side. Cant count the amount of times I have had brake klean or carb cleaner in the eyeball. Thanks for the reminder.

YUP

Thanks for the reminder.

I guess that I may be somewhat fortunate that my eyes have gotten so bad that I can not do much of anything without glasses on. So there is no such thing as taking them off to finish.

Over the years I can't even guess how many pairs of safety glasses that have given their lives for the sake of my eyes. Without the glasses I would have been blinded for sure many times over. And this in not at work, at work I have a desk job in a nice "safe" office.

Joe, Hope all ends well. I had a similar thing happen years ago when I went to blow out some chips away before putting in a grease fitting in a wheel hub. Had to go to the ER to have a piece of metal about 1/4 inch long removed from my iris. Could very easily lost that eye. I get onto my co-worker almost every day about the safety glasses. One day it'll catch him. I just hope he doesn't have to lose an eye to be convinced.

Got a splash of laquer thinner in my eyes a few years ago. Besides burning like h*** vision was foggy. By the time I got to eye doc 30min. latter, vision was improving. Doc put something in my eyes to ease the discomfort & said the eye is the fastest healing tissue in the body & that it was already mending. Hope all goes as well for you.

Just got back from docs.

he said no permanent damage! WooooHoooo:cool10:

I have to put antibiotic drops in until two days after my eyes quit discharging a yellowish hard like substance. he said its my bodys way of fighting off infection. felt like my eyelids were glued together this morning. He also said Refresh is probably the best thing i could have done after the saline solution hose down...

bought 2 new pairs of stihl saftey glasses $5 apiece but these babies have wide vented slots on the earpieces.... found they don't fog up easily...

Anyway looks like I dodged a bullet... Thanks again for the well wishes!