IGNORED

3rd attempt at this

BIG TOM

Never say your Quiting smoking , Just say you stopped smoking.

that way ALL your co-workers and family can't say I thought

you Quit? :rasberry: so you have that option of starting if you want.

not so much pressure :shock3:....I also remeber that I used to stop

smoking every night for 8 Hours when I was sleeping.

I chose not to smoke the next day. :D and like I say it has been

like 32 months now. might have one tomorrow, but I am almost certain

I won't :080402gudl_prv:

The other great part is to this date I have made an extra est:: $5,0047.27

that is only one pack a day I am using. that is SO much chrome.

Edited by Cougar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit smoking two weeks ago....This is my 3rd attempt at this...first time I quit for 10 months...2nd time for 6 months..GOT TO MAKE IT STICK THIS TIME.......I'm doing good so far, I mean, I haven't killed anyone and the urge to do so is nearly gone......LOL:fnd_(16):

Tom,

As an 2 pack a day ex smoker (18 years now) I know it isn't easy. The one thing you have to follow is this: No matter what NEVER take the 1st drag again. Oh that 1st cigarette will taste like hell, but the second...Oh the second tastes so much better! You never really lose the urge, especially with a beer or coffee in hand, but you shrug it off. On a brighter note, just think of all the extra coin you'll have for your bike!!

Good luck!

You can do it Tom.

I smoked from 13 to 24 yrs. old and was up to pack a day. Cutting back only made me go from cools to Camels and Raleighs (unfiltered)

It's all a head game. Until you make up your mind it won't happen.

After quitting countless times a manager of mine told me: "every time you get the urge to smoke " take a brisk walk. Seems it burns off the excess enegry, Plus your replacing a bad habit with a good one.

Worked like a charm for me and I haven't touched one in +30 years!

I smoked from age 13 to 38.

The chemical addiction only takes 2 weeks to be free of.

After that it is strictly the physical habit.

I still have the occasional dream in which I'm smoking....and about 10 years after I quit I caught myself patting my shirt pocket as if feeling to make sure I had my pack of smokes!!!

It's a tough one....but then I've been told so are you!

When the urge gets real strong just go :bang head::bang head:

you'll be too sore and dizzy to worry about smoking!:rotfl:

Quitting Aint hard.... I've done it a million times

I smoked from age 13 to 38.

The chemical addiction only takes 2 weeks to be free of.

After that it is strictly the physical habit.

I still have the occasional dream in which I'm smoking....and about 10 years after I quit I caught myself patting my shirt pocket as if feeling to make sure I had my pack of smokes!!!

It's a tough one....but then I've been told so are you!

When the urge gets real strong just go :bang head::bang head:

you'll be too sore and dizzy to worry about smoking!:rotfl:

I hate the dreams too....wake up mad and then the relief it was a dream!

Good luck Tom, Watched my ex go through it TWICE. She had terrible withdrawal one night sent two hours on the floor crying. I felt so helpless and it broke my heart I couldn't help her. Tobacco was never meant to be smoked so regularly. That's why the some Indians have such a respect for it and consider it scared and not to be abused.

Good luck! my friend:thumbsup2:

As most have said quitting is easy, staying quit is hard. Stats show the majority of folks that have quit have tried multiple times to quit. The fact that you have is a good sign. Change your routine, it's not just the nicotine but the habit of doing something/someplace while you smoke. Change the habit/routine. I can see from the posts the folks really pulling for ya are quitters. Been there done that, we know the feeling, we know how hard it WAS. But can be done.

still hanging in there.....It gets better every day....going thru a lot of scotch though....just kidding......gonna do it this time for good...:fatsmiley:

Me too Tom...been about the same amount of time. Cravings are not too bad..but it seems like the longer I go without a smoke the more I hack and cough. Go figure....

still hanging in there.....It gets better every day....going thru a lot of scotch though....just kidding......gonna do it this time for good...

Tom,

I know its tuff to quit. I quit for three weeks and was afraid to drink a beer...I always had two to three smokes to one beer..dont know why, but I did..

I stopped at the local pub one night and the bartender grabbed my type of beer and was about to open the bottle, when I loudly spoke up and said NO, please, just give me a coke. He was in shock. I told him I was afraid to drink a beer for I might want a cigarrett and then go back to smoking again. He gave me a coke and I went in the back to play billiards.. After an hour or so I decided to have a beer.. The bar tender asked me...are you sure you want to do this? I said I have to try it and if I ask for a smoke I want you to tell me to get out of here..he laughed..and handed me a beer.

After drinking half the bottle of beer, I realized it tasted so much better with out the smoking.. so I drank the other half... went back to the bar and got another..

I have never gone back to smoking and I can drink some beer now and then..

Quitting is hard to do.. You have to do it for yourself.. not for someone else..once you make your mind up to do it for good you will.. and it appears you made your mind up already...Proud of you bud.. hang in there..:thumbsup2:

Me too Tom...been about the same amount of time. Cravings are not too bad..but it seems like the longer I go without a smoke the more I hack and cough. Go figure....

From what I understand, this is fairly normal as you body is trying to get all that crap out of your lungs now that they are starting the cleaning process.

Keep in mind that smoking in not a normal thing to do. You had to make yourself do it, as the first time for about everyone is an unpleasant experience. But, with the addictive nature of nicotine and for many, the desire to be "cool" was enough to get over the unpleasantness of starting to smoke.

RandyA

Best thing I ever did was stop smoking. I was smoking 2 and a half packs a day. Even by my most conservative figures. I saved 70,000 dollars since I quit. And that's just the price of the smokes.......Hang in there and think of all the money your saving. As a matter of fact take a five or a ten and drop it in a jar each day that your not smoking depending on how much you really smoked. Count it the next time the urge hits. You'll probably go buy a new car with it and forget about smoking again.:mo money:

Quit smoking two weeks ago....This is my 3rd attempt at this...first time I quit for 10 months...2nd time for 6 months..GOT TO MAKE IT STICK THIS TIME.......I'm doing good so far, I mean, I haven't killed anyone and the urge to do so is nearly gone......LOL:fnd_(16):

Be strong, if i can do it,anybody can,lol good luck,:cool10: