IGNORED

2013 Royal Star Venture...HERE IT IS!

Freebird

It is a well known fact that Yammy does not give a rat's azz for what its customers want regarding the Venture. I guess their logic is that those of us who have one will never get rid of it and they will make more $$$$ selling us parts than they will selling us a new Venture.:whistling:

Boomer....who sez its time to ride....:rotf:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the old saying goes... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" .... seems to be Yammy's policy on the Venture. As long as there's folks out there who will buy this new 2013 model, I guess they'll figgure it ain't broke.

Doesn't make sense to me why they seem to "forge forth" on practically every other product they make yet continue to produce this product with no new technology changes since 1999 ... a whole FOURTEEN YEARS!.

Who else makes a vehicle, of any kind, today ... that is virtually the same as it was 14 years ago???

I give up!! I've been looking almost daily here and on the Star site for over a year.

If Yamaha wants to still put out a 1999 product then it should be at 1999 prices! A cassette!?!? Really the joke isn't even funny anymore it's just sad. I'm looking to buy another tourer in the spring hopefully and won't even be on my list to look at!!!

If the company can't respond to it's most loyal customers then I need to find another company.

But I do love me some VentureRider

Call them and let them know. The number is a few posts north. IF I were to buy new, it's a Kawasaki. For me the Voyager works. I let them know that too.

At least I'll alway be able to find used parts for my trike. Just thing in 10 years I'll be able to replace the motor with an all most new low milage motor. I should be able to keep this thing going for at least 40 years.:dancefool:Oh wait.... that would make me 97. Ok maybe not 40.:starz:

SilverT: the guys in Milwaukee still make basicly the same thing as 20yr ago.

If I was plunking down hard bucks for a new bike I would probably go with a Victory Cross Country Tour or Vision. Yea I know alot of folks think the Vision is ugly, but I kinda grew to like it. Although it dont have near the luggage capcity it looks like.

Who else makes a vehicle, of any kind, today ... that is virtually the same as it was 14 years ago???

Granted it isn't made today, but the Honda GL1500 was made virtually unchanged for 13 model years.

The GL1800 has been made for 13 model years.

The Kawasaki Voyager XII was made for 18 years virtually unchanged!

And of course Harley...challenge you to identify the year of an Electra Glide.

The first generation V-Max went 23 years before a major revamp. Imagine what they were screaming on the VMax boards.

The First Gen Venture was produced for 11 model years.

Granted it isn't made today, but

the Honda GL1500 was made virtually unchanged for 13 model years.

I can't comment on that coz I am not familiar with them.

The GL1800 has been made for 13 model years.

Granted, the basic design is the same (until they changed it in 2012) but there have been several technological changes over the years whereas there have been none for the RSV. They started the GL1800 in 2001 and did a body design workover in 2012 so, along with the various technological changes from 2001-2011 plus the body mods in 2012, one could say that Honda has made changes to the GL1800 in-line with customer's wishes and at the same time, keeping abreast with the times. Yamaha has done virtually nothing to the RSV in comparison.

The Kawasaki Voyager XII was made for 18 years virtually unchanged!

I can't comment on that coz I am not familiar with them; however, the years that it was produced had few technology changes in any motorcycle of that time.

And of course Harley...challenge you to identify the year of an Electra Glide.

I can easilly identify an Electa, Road Glide, Street Glide between pre-2009 and post 2009. In 2009 Harley made several changes to these bikes to improve them and stay abreast with changing times. Not sure when they brought in fuel injection but it was a few years before that and they've been upgrading their engine every few years for quite a while.

The first generation V-Max went 23 years before a major revamp. Imagine what they were screaming on the VMax boards.

Again, a Yamaha product... 'nuff said.

The First Gen Venture was produced for 11 model years.

True... but they changed it in 1986 both in body style and engine.

no new technology changes since 1999 ... a whole FOURTEEN YEARS!.

OK, with a couple exceptions that I am not familiar with, I still stand by my statement which essentially means that Yamaha is falling off the market when it comes to a touring-class motorcycle .... they have a lot of catching up to do.

I do look forward to the day when they produce a modern, competitive product though.

SilverT: the guys in Milwaukee still make basicly the same thing as 20yr ago.

If I was plunking down hard bucks for a new bike I would probably go with a Victory Cross Country Tour or Vision. Yea I know alot of folks think the Vision is ugly, but I kinda grew to like it. Although it dont have near the luggage capcity it looks like.

Enlighten me on who these guys in Milwaukee are and what they make. Obviously I am somewhat ignorant of such things, seeing as I'm a Canuck from the West Coast.

As for the CCT (aka XCT), I'd be riding one today if I could afford it ... Love the Wing but if I was buying a new bike, it would be the CCT.

Like the old saying goes... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" .... seems to be Yammy's policy on the Venture. As long as there's folks out there who will buy this new 2013 model, I guess they'll figgure it ain't broke.

Doesn't make sense to me why they seem to "forge forth" on practically every other product they make yet continue to produce this product with no new technology changes since 1999 ... a whole FOURTEEN YEARS!.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the GL1800 Goldwing design about 10 years old? Just asking!!!!!!

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the GL1800 Goldwing design about 10 years old? Just asking!!!!!!

See my prev post.

Yes, the basic design is 10 yrs old but there have been several upgrades to the "basic bike" and besides, the "basic bike" was light years ahead of the RSV when it came out in 2001.... :rasberry:

Don't get me wrong and think I'm bashing the RSV ... not at all, it's a solid bike ... just venting along with most of the rest of you who are disappointed with Yamaha not bringing out any changes to the RSV.

I'm sorry, but the justification of this bike not being changed in 14 years by comparing it to other bikes that haven't been changed in several years just doesn't hold water.

The Goldwing was WAY ahead of it's time when this last model was made, and the Harley might look like it's 20 years old, but underneath the skin it has some newer than last century updates like fuel injection, antilock brakes, and NO CASSETTE PLAYER!

We're only asking for a few updates. Yamaha doesn't need to totally revamp the bike to get me to move up from my RSTD.

It's ridiculous.

Check out the V Star 1300 Deluxe, factory fairing with GPS, XM Radio, Bluetooth, built in, and hard bags. Now that is a nice bike.

You are right.... that looks nice ! But.... comparing with the RSV...

I know the V-Star 1300 isn't in the same league as the Venture... has some nice features (still no tach). I put the text in red for the differences in spec. Too bad it is belt drive. No air assist shocks. And NO CASSETTE !!!

Edited by XV1100SE

I'm sorry, but the justification of this bike not being changed in 14 years by comparing it to other bikes that haven't been changed in several years just doesn't hold water.

The Goldwing was WAY ahead of it's time when this last model was made, and the Harley might look like it's 20 years old, but underneath the skin it has some newer than last century updates like fuel injection, antilock brakes, and NO CASSETTE PLAYER!

We're only asking for a few updates. Yamaha doesn't need to totally revamp the bike to get me to move up from my RSTD.

It's ridiculous.

I agree. Nobody is going to tell me that replacing the cassette with guages would cost an arm and a leg in engineering. They could come up with a set of micro guages to match the speedo in a lcd. They could make it slide right into the hole for the cassette. I made a set with automotive guages from O-Rielly and I am an idiot. Just think what a smart engineer could do.Would it really take that much to add abs? I do not think they will make any changes to the current design or any little tweek updates. They just are not selling enough of the bikes to warrant the initial cash outlay.

This fully loaded luxury touring machine comes with everything serious riders need, including a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch®, a CB radio, intercom system, and AM/FM radio combined with a powerful and smooth V-four engine and front end chrome accents.

yet continue to produce this product with no new technology changes since 1999 ... a whole FOURTEEN YEARS

...for me it has been no new technology since 1993...a whole TWENTY YEARS!!!

I cannot understand how ANYONE riding a 1999-2013 would think THAT Venture has any technological improvements over what I ride!

Did not see a mention of a cassette player.....Bummer...:whistling:

Boomer.....who sez his 06 is worth 20K of love too....:cool10:

Wrong! !!!:no-no-no: :

"Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch (8GB) with an iSimple SolutionsTM audio interface by AAMP of America. "

Under "Additional Features":

• You got to be kidding me right? Still carburetors ??? Geeze must be still tons of stuff left in the wharehouse.

Compaired to last years model you get a whole .1 more fuel capacity for your $400 more.

•  

no they just take the BIKES left over from the year b4 & change the vin #'s :( Yamaha is falling further behind each year ..