IGNORED

I made a rookie mistake today....

painterman67

I was riding down Black Mountain today. I had a truck riding my rear end in the rain so I decided to change lanes and let this old gesser pass. Problem was it was raining hard and I was already leaning in the curve.I hit one of the dotted white lines and the front tire broke traction. Scared the crap out of me. Bike felt like it fell over and then came up wright . To make matters worse I had the bunkhouse trailer hooked on and it went to wagging around back there.When I finally got it under control I was less then a foot or so from the concrete divider wall .

I rode for the next 2 hrs white knuckling my old girl before I finally calmed down.

David

They really need to put some sand or something in the paint they use for striping and crosswalks. I've had my Equinox slip on the wide crosswalks around our old county courthouse square when they are wet. It does get your attention when you feel the tires slip on a bike, seems like forever before they grab back. I hate getting caught in a light rain too, just enough to bring out the oil on the road and make it slick. Glad you're okay too.

I hate those times when there is no more "cushion" left in my grips...and cant raise my shoulders any higher to cover my head...

The next day my knuckles hurt from squeezing so tight and holding on so long..and my neck hurst from using muscles I havent used in a while..

Glad your front regained traction....

I am even paranoid of painted lines when it is dry out.

In Illinois we are seeing a lot of the thick hot application of plastic stripes, looks nice butt when it's wet it's worse than leaves on a wet road , , , slick

Leave it to Illinois to find even more ways to take ya out........