IGNORED

Maintenance Day Info for Newcomers

Freebird

OK, those of you who have been to my Maintenance Day are fairly familiar with all of this but for those who haven't been before, here is a bit of info for you.

1. There is a Super Walmart and an Autozone about 3 miles from my house. Handy for any miscellaneous items that you need to pick up but if you need any specific motorcycle related parts, you probably should bring them with you.

2. I have a decent assortment of tools, a couple of air compressors, oil drain pans and etc. I also have a couple of bike lifts handy. If you want to bring some tools though, it is not a bad idea.

3. I have a lunch catered on Saturday. Usually around 12:00 to 1:00. It costs me quite a bit of money to do this so there is always a donation can out for you to help if you can. It is NOT mandatory. I would not want anybody to not come or not eat because their money is tight. If you can help, that is great. Nobody is watching to see who donates and who doesn't though.

4. There will be a portable toilet available. There are no hard and fast rules but it is asked that the men use the portable toilet and let the ladies use the bathrooms in the house.

5. We will have a few prizes to raffle off. Not a lot but a few items. Eusa has generously donated another set of his diamond cut Second Gen engine fins. Baggershield has agreed to donate one of their windshields. It hasn't gotten here yet but hopefully it will this week. I have new set of speakers that should work in a first or second gen. Eileen has picked up a few items for the ladies. Maybe a few other odds and ends. Tickets usually sell for $1.00 each.

6. There will be tickets available for the trailer raffle at the International Rally in N.Y. Will be a great time to pick up some tickets if you haven't already done so. Registration for the International will also be available.

7. This is a true maintenance day. We will start tinkering with the bikes whenever people are up and about on Saturday morning. Please don't come and expect others to do everything for you. There are some great folks around to help you out but not DO for you. Be prepared to get your hands dirty if you want something done to your bike.

8. We sometimes try to take a little ride on Saturday evening so normally try to wrap up the bike work no later than 4:00. The ride sometimes doesn't happen because people are often exhausted and just want to chill out in the evening. So if you don't want to go on a ride, please don't feel obligated to do so.

9. The Saturday lunch is the only meal provided. You are on your own for breakfast and probably dinner. There are usually some leftovers from lunch though if you want another snack later in the day. If you come in on Friday, we will be riding over to Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner.

10. We will have a great pinstriper available on Friday. I'm not sure if he will be here on Saturday or not but he is usually around both days.

11. We do have a hot tub and you are more than welcome to use it BUT....swimsuits are mandatory...I mean...at least for the men. :)

12. There is a combination gas/charcoal grill on the back deck. You are welcome to use it.

13. I always have a big urn of coffee set up in the garage. If you are the first one up and about, please turn it on. It will be ready to go.

I'm sure that I'm missing something and those who have attended before are welcome to add to this.

14. Bring your own TP,,at least 2 rolls,,,,,, now who would have stuck that comment in here?

Eileen and I love doing this and are looking forward to seeing all our old friends and making some new ones.

Edited by Marcarl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I see shows a 60% chance of rain on Friday but only a 20% chance on Saturday. I typically don't allow rain on Maintenance Day :whistling: but if there is some sort of mixup, we'll do the best we can. I have a garage that we can work in and also a large greenhouse that we can work in. We can still get a lot done.

If the rain bothers you, you could spend some time looking in the pond for items of various description that seems to have been deposited in the watery depths. It has been shown that rain has very little effect on your day once in the pond.

Oh it's rainin, and I have my rain gear. Everytime I take a long trip it rains at least part of one leg. I always thought God was just washing the road for my trip and got caught up fixin his first gen and was a little behind.

I just checked the weather for Ohio and the long range forecast doesn't look so great for Friday or Saturday. What happens at MD if it rains? Do we just get wet and still work on the bikes?

Kim,:sign outstanding::group cheers::usa:that's WHAT rainsuits WERE designed for:thumbsup2: Leave on Thur. and U will not get wet on the pilgrimage to OBERLIN!

Kim,:sign outstanding::group cheers::usa:that's WHAT rainsuits WERE designed for:thumbsup2: Leave on Thur. and U will not get wet on the pilgrimage to OBERLIN!

Hey Amish Brother Richard, I'm coming to see my brothers from Ohio to, I'll take shortcut from NW side Chicago going south I 55 to StLouis, MO, turn east--> I 64 toLouisville , KY--> to Charleston WV -->Than turn north I-77 to west I-80 to Don's. Hey First 3 Beers for you and your Lady is on me:group cheers: at Don's

We hope you all have a great time :thumbsup2:

MD 2011 certainly holds some wonderful memories for us :big-grin-emoticon:

I can sure attest to this. Last year was my first MD and hope it won't be my last. I would have loved to be there again this year, but there was not even a glimmer of hope in making it. I just hope that everyone has great memories like Linda and I had.

RandyA

Robin and I are heading out Thursday,early morning. We are going to pickup the 86 in Corning NY and run that to the 90. Anyone going that way. The 86 is a heck of alot better road then the NY thruway. Last time we were on the thruway if was like riding on a wash board.

Robin and I are heading out Thursday,early morning. We are going to pickup the 86 in Corning NY and run that to the 90. Anyone going that way. The 86 is a heck of alot better road then the NY thruway. Last time we were on the thruway if was like riding on a wash board.

Ya,but if your coming west,the last 30 miles going thru the rez is very rough..:bang head: