IGNORED

Does your Cell Phone Work???

dray

Just today I have activated my 9Th. yes thats right #9 as of today;

I had the first droid when they came out. had problems till they replaced it 4 times. they then upgraded me to the droid 2 for free.

nice of them I know. and today they just gave me my 5 th. Droid 2

had everything from dropped calls, screen with white band wouldn't go away, cant answer till calling party hangs up then you have to look and see who called then call them back, speakers quit working, screen goes black and locks up, phone gets quieter as you talk till you cant hear your party talk,

weekly calls to phone co. to try to fix problems. most having a temp fix of pull the battery and then put it back and restart.

several fixes of wipe it out and reboot to factory settings. in most cases this was another temp fix if at all; but one they seem to like doing in store

today at the store there were three other people there with droids all with similar complaints

anyways was wondering if anyone else has had this much trouble with there phones

:bang head: ..... :soapbox:

OK I feel better now.:big-grin-emoticon:

WOW...I would be really frustrated by now. My son has had a Droid 2 for probably 6 - 8 months and has never had any problems at all with it. I was actually thinking about getting one until my company decided that we all had to carry a Blackberry.

My phone aint one of those crappy computer phones. It can do some really novel stuff. it makes and receives calls, with a voice, I can actually talk to the person on the other end instead of having to type out the conversation.

Amazing technology huh?

I've had this same phone for 6 years.

I have a Droid something, big screen, slides open for a key pad but seldom use it that way, it has voice something so I can talk and it types, I don't do text things just email,

only had it for 6 or 7 months - works great, except in steel buildings

I tested a Droid for the company I work for. I had it only 3 weeks and gave it back. I didn't like it at all. I kept loosing my email sync and had to keep reconfiguring it. The little extras it has are OK but in general it's not as solid (to me) as an iPhone, Blackberry or even a regular cell phone.

Supposedly, there was an upgrade to the OS which fixed quite a few glitches with it but I'm not about to invest the time, effort and money to try it again. Just my thoughts.

My phone aint one of those crappy computer phones. It can do some really novel stuff. it makes and receives calls, with a voice, I can actually talk to the person on the other end instead of having to type out the conversation.

Amazing technology huh?

I've had this same phone for 6 years.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I'm on my 2nd Blackberry and I'm very happy with them. Very reliable and no quality issues at all. Good web browser too and my current phone has wifi so the internet is just as fast as on my home PC. I'll be upgrading to another Blackberry in the next year or so.

EVO 4G here. When my employer offered a spiff to get my own phone I thought I,d get the new Blackberry flip. NO GO they said, no active sync. The company would have to invest thousands in Blackberry's proprietary software to handle email securely. I said OK and ended up with the EVO. My only complaint would be it's a little uncomfortable on the ear, but that would be the same with any "slab" phone.

I am on my 4th cell phone in 10 years, started with an old Nokia brick (which my wife still uses), then in 05 I got a motorola V-series flip phone with bluetooth, and then got an Android HTC G1 a little over a year ago, which had to be replaced in Dec, so I'm on my second G1.