IGNORED

Gas Prices

SilvrT

Just looked at the recent gas prices in most major cities in Canada. We're around $1.24 per litre (that's about $4.70 per US gal) and we're the highest in all of Canada. Most other places are about 10 cents per litre cheaper and even Victoria, which is our next closest major centre, which is across the straight from us is cheaper. Lowest price posted is $1.01 up in Edmonton, Alberta.

Now I know the cost of crude is going up and why but there's really something wrong when we Canucks have to pay such a high price, not to mention why Vancouver is so much higher than most of the rest of Canada.

Thankfully our vehicles don't run on water coz to buy a litre of that would be outrageous! LOL

Regular $1.30/liter here and they are talking about another hike next week of .06/l. Not nice..........seems to me they prediced close to $1.50/l this summer!

Keith

Prices I stated were as of Feb 22nd so although I haven't checked today, I imagine they're into the buck-thirty something range.

On the way back from lunch, I noticed the price @ Flying J in Pearl, MS was $3.19/(US)gallon.:shock3:

Was $3.01 this morning on the way to work. :(

Out this morning before the snow storm here in plattsburgh New York reg. gas was 3.65 at church Mobil. :depressed::depressed:

Well, if you guys in Canada would just stop shipping all your oil down here, we could stop selling all ours to China and just maybe we could get the prices to drop a bit. Just not sure where all the oil money is going, but we're sure not seeing any revenue increase at the well head. :crying: :crying: All my revenue is going back into the tank... Gonna be real expense to take the trailer queen out this summer (if the snow ever melts).

:mytruck:

What bothers me is the gas in the system was bought a a lower price than what is predicted for the future. So how come?:confused24:

That's easy to explain. The price per barrel has shot up so the gas does too. Doesn't matter that they already bought that stuff and processed it. Of course on the other hand once the price per barrel drops it'll take a while for the price per gallon to drop. It's all about lining someone's pocket with green backs and it ain't any of us.

Margaret

:bang head:Between Sudbury and Timmins ....$1.68 a Litre

$7.64 a Gallon :bang head:

That's for an Imperial or British gallon. For a U.S. gallon that's ONLY $6.39 a gallon.

For all you ethanol bashers, how high do you think gas would be if we weren't burning some ethanol to cut down the demand for gas-gas.:stirthepot:

We are having gas wars here in San Antonio TX!!, .9 miles from where I live their are 3 gas stations a Cheveron, Valero, Shell two of the 3 has gas priced at 3.19 and the one was pricing gas at 3.13 a gal. Which station had no vacant pumps?? You get three guess and the first two don't count.

Rick A.

Guest scarylarry
Yup, it jumped here from 2.99 Tuesday morning to 3.26 by lunch today. Can't really afford to drive to work anymore...:crying:

Hey ride the bike to work...