IGNORED

New Feature Added

Freebird

OK folks...if you look at my avatar and other information on this post, you will see a note that says "VenturRider Meets Attended". I received a request from Jeff and Beer30 asking if I could add something like the "Awards" system to show how many eat and meets, rallies, maintenance days, etc. that a member has attended. This is a far cry from what they asked for but is the best I can do at this moment. I will try, in the future, to come up with something closer to what they really wanted.

At any rate, this will work on the honor system. All you need to do is click on UserCP and then Edit Profile. At the very bottom of the page you will find a box to select how many VentureRider meets and eats, rallies, maintenance days you have showed up for. I just put 20 in there for now but can increase it if and when I need to. Heck, some of you may have already made more than 20. If so, just let me know.

Sorry Jeff and Beer, but this will have to do for now and takes the pressure off me and/or the moderators for adding this info. I will try to make it fancier some time soon.

Cool Beans

I put mine in

2 Eureka Springs

1 Maintanance Day

1 Ft Collins

Had a few meet and eats with WildHair (Lowell) but he meets and eats with every one so didnt count them cause if we all did it would take up the whole data base :rotf::rotf:

cant get in the user cp it says

There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

Dray,

You need to click on "User Profile" at the left of that page, then scroll down to the bottom of that page. :thumbsup2:

Well Don,

I think you will need to add more than 20 so the Alabama members can keep up...

The Huntsville Al VR group meets "some place" just about every saturday for breakfast...in and around the Huntsville area, and more and more new members keep joining up with us too...

We just got another new member (DaveCB) who joined us last saturday for breakfast, then a ride and to a bike show...

I'm not sure how best to do it. Maybe only our planned and major rallies like Fort Collins, the Dragon, VentureRider East, VentureRider West, Pig in the Park? I could also do away with this version completely and just add it to the awards section. Creat a new medal or icon for rallies and etc. but the problem with that is that I or SOMEBODY has to manually put those in. The advantage though is that you could see in somebodies profile which events it was that they attended. I don't know.......it's just ALL SO CONFUSING...:whistling:

For now, I've increased the number selection to 40.

Pig in the Park?

Uh, would you be thinking of the Venture Inn Rally and Pig Roast. I know we changed names from last year (Pork in the Pines). I'm not sure why they changes the name, but the name does have other meaning if ya know what I mean. Nudg, nudg, wink wink.

Anyways, thanks for the new feature. I'm not sure it's a good idea. IMHO. Some people consider meets to be brunch with another VR member every Sunday. Others are counting the annual rallies.

IMHO. Some people consider meets to be brunch with another VR member every Sunday. Others are counting the annual rallies.

For me, I had included meeting a California member touring my area, Carl's meet. I did not include meeting up with Sailor,, as he is located in my general area.

:2cents:

Am i allowed to count my "I seriously wanted to be there, but i have no Bike in US or Canada ?? " Events ??

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Seriously, i second Tartan Terror's Statement. I do not need such a Count to consider another Member more or less than others. Of Course, there ever will be some 'Primus inter Pares', or 'more equal than the other Equals' but that doesn't bother me. And, i do not see anything what makes this Feature usefull or helpfull. And for those who i do not like to read, there is the Ignore Button. Nobody on my List so far.

I'm not sure how best to do it. Maybe only our planned and major rallies like Fort Collins, the Dragon, VentureRider East, VentureRider West, Pig in the Park? I could also do away with this version completely and just add it to the awards section. Creat a new medal or icon for rallies and etc. but the problem with that is that I or SOMEBODY has to manually put those in. The advantage though is that you could see in somebodies profile which events it was that they attended. I don't know.......it's just ALL SO CONFUSING...:whistling:

For now, I've increased the number selection to 40.

I agree with Scott about the competition thing, but if you need a benchmark for attendees, why not keep score by patches? That'll keep it down to just the majors... That'll also keep that Alabama group down to a dull roar....... :-)

My first thought at Don's very first post here was - we removed the post counter and now we're putting this up? Maybe this could be put in the profile instead of appearing by the board name all the time. Isn't that where the post counter is now? I never look at it.

Hey!!! What about me and my opinion...............Oh well' it never counts around here anyway (home).

But; sounds good to me anyway........I only had two, An impromptu breakfast in Minnesota, and Little Sturgis Mississippi....Probably wont make another one for a while.