IGNORED

Should we BAN a MEAN Canadian Member?

Freebird

OK....I'm going to tell the story and THEN we can discuss punishment. :)

There is a certain Canadian member here whom you just can't be nice to. The member in question has long wondered about the performance of the Second Gen Venture as he plans to replace his bike at some time in the future. So, out of the kindness of my heart, I asked this member if he would like to take my '99 on a test ride. He was pleased to do so.

I got busy and have no idea how long he was gone but some time later I got this telephone call. It went something like this.

Him: Hey Don, uh...do you keep proof of insurance and registration somewhere on your bike?

Me: Yes, it should be in the trunk.

Him: Well, what do the cops around here usually ask for?

Me: That is usually all they need. What is going on?

Him: Well, I was going through that first town that you told me about, the first one you come to when you turn South on 58.

Me: Yes?

Him: A green pickup pulled out in front of me just as I was going into town.

Me: OK. Well, are you all right?

Him: Yes, I'm fine...but the bike......

Me: Well, you are OK, that's the important thing. Exactly where are you?

Him: Just as you come into town, across from that DrugSav.

Me: OK, well I'm on my way, should be there in about 10 minutes.

Him: OK.

So, I grab my keys and head out of the garage to get in my car and HERE HE COMES RIDING DOWN THE DRIVEWAY. LAUGHING LIKE HECK.

Now...THAT was a BAD joke. Cruel and unusual punishment. Bad Canadian...BAD BAD CANADIAN.

So...should I ban him or keep him around long enough to get EVEN. :scratchchin:

I'm not saying who is was but his initials are SWIFTY.

Well that sounds pretty funny to me especially since you didnt recognise me when I came up to you and started talking.

Jeff

Way to go Swifty

Didn't RECOGNIZE YOU? You were supposed to be 10,000 miles away. Then you show up with that rug on your face. :) I was in SHOCK! What a fantastic surprise. It just wouldn't have been the same without you but I sure didn't expect it.

Uhhhhh, feed him to the pond monsters???

Oh, wait, he IS one of them...

No....that's no good. Don't want to make them sick. :whistling:

Ok I'm defending the boss man here. As for not recognizing the muffinman he was working under a few handicaps. First and most importantly he seems to have been under distress due to worry. Not really sure about why all the worry but we'll let that go. Anyway plus he's also only working with one eye here. Gotta give the man a break.

Now as for swifty, nay you can't ban him. If that were the case some of us other folks might end up banned. :whistling:So I vote no on banning.

Margaret

Ban a CANADIAN? Isn't that sort of like taboo? A Canadian? We're the ones that send you all the cold weather, snow, sleet, hail and such. We're the ones that leave our sled dogs at the border so that you won't have to clean up after them. We're the ones that brought you.....Carl! Yes, Carl! Without us, you'd have no Carl! So.....be careful about banning a Canadian, just think about what you might lose.....snow, cold, sleet, hail, Molson Canadian, Labatt's Blue and Blue Light, Crown Royal, ice wine, walleye fishing, bear hunting, moose hunting, the Windsor Ballet, and of course...Carl!

Can you afford to lose all that? Of course not!

Don't ban the man......invite him back down, send him out on another 2nd gen....then let Goose entertain himself on Swifty's 1st gen.....nothing harsh....but a little weeee bit of entertainment......then of course, a small wager and a race.....nah, the 1st gen might still take it, so .......what to do???

Boy, this is a tough one....ban a Canadian.....you're northern neighbors who would back you up until your nose bleeds....your northern neighbors, who saved you from inheriting Quebec......your northern neighbors, who all sort of talk funny some say....your northern neighbors, who love ya so much that they think Swifty really got ya gooooooood!

Aaaah, your northern neighbors......ya can't ban us....hell, even Boomer's pygmies wouldn't be able to replace us.

So, you might as well just let it go......chalk it up to experience(bad) and move on....but be wary of the next Canuck sitting in the bushes...waiting for the right moment, the right time and place........to imprint his/herself in your memory forever, which is really all that Swifty did anyway, right? Imprinting.....that's what it was!

If I didn't have such a rotten headache today, probably from too much sun on the weekend, I'd raise a glass or two to Swifty and his antics.

gunk:Laugh:

First mistake you let swifty near your bike.... second mistake... you let swifty ride your bike.... third mistake....you fell for it hook line and sinker.....case closed!!!

:whistling:or is it...........:stirthepot:

swifty you better watch out you better not laugh because I'm telling you why he checking his bike checking it twice because Freebird is coming to town...... :rotfl:

Boss I feel bad for ya but Nope banning wouldn't be right either. Better to get even later I think. Now the big question is when & what to do about this crazy CANADIAN??

As to muffinman I had the same reaction when he walked up on us at the Comfort Inn. I actually thought he was Muffinman's brother, cousin, or whatever. Still glad he was able to make the MD just the same.

Larry

Take away his ability to post till he goes off the deep end from not being able to talk here.:rotf:

Better yet, put him in his own private group that only has access to that Ladies Lair forum that almost never gets posted in.:mugshot:

Ok Don, now we really know that you can take a joke. I have to say I had to hide when I saw your face, because I was just busting out laughing, sorry I just could not help my self. The one that could not take it was Diane, he used Diane phone to make the call, I'm sure he did that because he could get her allso and he did she really let him have it big time, yeah..... that's when I got the heck out of there, good thing those two are friends.

Punishment... Sit him down and get him into a good political discussion.

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

:7_2_104[1]:

The member in question has long wondered about the performance of the Second Gen Venture as he plans to replace his bike at some time in the future. So, out of the kindness of my heart, I asked this member if he would like to take my '99 on a test ride. .

oh brother, I can hear excuses beginning to form now for when someone loses a drag race with a 1st gen!

:rasberry:

I guess this was his excuse, what happened to the race.

So Swifty is it as fast as your 24 year old first gen :stirthepot:

Brad

Better yet, put him in his own private group that only has access to that Ladies Lair forum that almost never gets posted in.:mugshot:

That would be cruel & unusual punishment. But put "Cupcake" in there with him, so he will have some company......

:stirthepot::canada: