IGNORED

Thank you ALL from the bottom of our hearts

Freebird

Maintenance Day is ALMOST over. Everybody is gone now except for Rick and Linda Butler and they are leaving early Monday morning.

I just want to say a couple of things and I'll try to keep it short. I LOVE the jacket and will cherish it forever. I was somewhat at a loss for words and to be honest, a bit embarrassed about finding myself a little choked up. If I COULD have talked, I would have said this.

I want you all to know that what I feel about all of you and what this organization is NOT any pride that I have accomplished something beyond my biggest dream. I feel no arrogance, no conceit, no feeling that I am anybody special. What I feel is truly honored that you have made me a part of your lives. I am honored that so many of you have chosen to be a part of this group and very humbled that you all take the time to participate whether it be by attending this event or any of our others, by your participation here, however you choose to be a part of VentureRiders. I don't feel that I am doing anything special for YOU.....I feel that YOU are doing something special for ME by being a part of something much larger than myself. I wish I could better express in words how I feel about all of you but just know that you are a special and very important part of my life and I thank you for that.

Now...I'll say it again. If you have never taken the time to attend a VentureRider event, whether it be my Maintenance Day, our International Rally or any of the other rallies, meet and eats, etc....you just absolutely do NOT know what you are missing. Please take the time to do so whenever you can.

As for Maintenance Day...this one is now over but we are already thinking about, planning for and looking forward to Maintenance Day 2011. :) I'll post a date as soon as I can and hope that many more of you can work it into your schedules.

Not sure what the count was this year. I know that I received one report that they counted 152 bikes and there is seldom ever a time when some are not out riding for one reason or another. I know that there were more than 200 people. Now I've told Eileen that I think we are about at the maximum that will show up. So..............let's shoot for at least 250 next year...but ... uh.....shhhhhhhhhhhh.....she might here me.

I believe I speak for everyone here when I say that it is us, the members that feel proud and privileged to belong to this club.It is because of YOU that we have made so many life long friends .... We, the members here find it an honor to be part of your extended family....THANK YOU ....ps. see Boss man,....WE can behave when we want too... so glad you liked the jacket..:fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

Being a junior member of this family, I am so impressed with the willingness of everybody to lend a helping hand, advice and info with regard to maintaining our bikes and the ever present air of "we can help, just ask" attitude.

Thank You Freebird for being you and thank you Eileen for allowing the circus to come to your beautiful home. :happy65::happy65::happy65:

Guest scarylarry

This was my first and my hat is off to you sir, thank you for everything..

Great meeting the folks and I had a blast...

This is great bunch of folks here and Don you are one of the best...

Even the ones that are blackmailing me...another post I'm sure

Well Boss ya know how much we love ya. And see there wasn't anything to be scared of this year. Not sure why you thought you had to keep tabs on me. :whistling: Glad ya liked the jacket and can you possibly post a pic of the flowers that Eileen got, thanks.

Can't wait for next year, now what do we do to top this one? :Laugh:

Margaret

I would like thank everyone for a great time.

Don & Eileen Thank you for Everything

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I look forward to seeing you both again

Like Don says If you have not been to a VR event You have no idea What you are missing

Ride Safe

Dave W

Freebird, this was my first maintainance day. It was awesome. I learned alot. I now know how to sync my carbs and replace and bleed my clutch and brake fluid. Thank you for opening up your home and allowing us to have a day like Saturday.

J-Bird......my wife really loves the stripes. She thinks the the feathers and arrowhead accents are pretty sweeet! At the end of riding season, I will be shipping you my helmet for some work.

To all the guys that donated their time to work on the bikes......kudo's.

Randy Rickard Sr

2007 Royal Star Venture

Blue on Black

Don:

You're the closest thing to a Texas draaaaaaaawl that we can find living here in Ontario. Now I have to listen to Beth talk about it until next year again....

You and Eileen are the BEST...and everyone else here are the next BESTEST in my humble opinion. This is THE WEEKEND that I look forward to most...and I mean that. Each year it means more and more because of the friendships developed both on line and at MD. It's great doing stuff and learning how to do stuff....stuff, what a word.....to the bike. Thank you all, it really does mean a lot to us.

Take good care of that red chair, and we'll be back next year to park one of our butts in it!

gunk and beth:big-grin-emoticon:

Dear Don and Eileen, This was Dan and my 1st m-day event, and we loved it. We met so many great people and just enjoyed the comrady and relaxation. Thank you so much for your hospitality and the SHOWER. Don, everyone needs a leader, and you are a good one. Dan and I love riding and being part of Venture Riders! Thanks again-see you next summer! Deb and Dan:thumbsup2:

Pam and I and daughter too (Nicole) want to thank Don & Eileen too. Was a awesome time, was very cool to meet so many of the members and get to talk to ya's too. Thank you Goose for having a look at my bike and all your help and advice. Gonna follow it to a tee and get it straightened up. Was nice to see the Michigan / Canadian group again too, with Brad and Lonna there it was like old times. And Thank you Charlie, for the shade I borrowed at your tent and cold brewskies. Had a Most Excellant AdVenture.

Don, how can we wvwr thank youi enough for starting this website?!!? I realize all you did is start it and the family it turned into just sort of evolved from it, but without you and al the work you put into the site how could it have happened and continue on? You da man, Don!!!

Didn't get to see enough of anybody this weekend,,, even got there sooner and stayed somewhat later,,, so maybe we have to make it a week long event,,,,, nah, I'm too old for that, wouldn't be able to take all the excitement for that long,,,, guess I'll just have to keep coming for more years.

Thanks Eileen and Don, It's been another SUPER GREAT MD

Carl

Don and Eileen,

Thanks so much for your hospitality. This was our first maintenance day, and we will be back! We had a great time meeting you and the other members. Also, thanks Don, for taking the time to look at the sync on my carbs for me, as I know you were a VERY busy man, playing host to all these great people.:happy34:

Oh, and GORGEOUS place too! I am envious, except for the taxes, insurance and heating bill...lol.

Don--Just wanted to say thanks for having us all. Just sorry I could only spend a few hours their Fri. Not long enough for sure. Met some new people and remet some from the rally last year. Its nice riding in and having everyone treat you like an old friend.

Thank You Don and Eileen, it was a great party, seems like it gets bigger and better every year:thumbsup: You are excellent hosts and warm friends, we are already looking forward to next year.

Thanks again, Craig & Kim

Thanks Don and Eileen for another great time. Thanks for opening your home up to so many "family" members. As others have said, it was great to connect with those we haven't seen since last year and to meet so many new ones. WE will always be grateful to you for starting this site, for starting this wonderful family...for giving us the opportunity to make such wonderful & lasting friendships.

Can't wait to see you all at the International Rally in Indiana in a few weeks. Hope to make it home tomorrow...was great that it didn't rain...but whew...the HEAT!!!

Don and Patti

this was my first. and i will be back. again. the friendship don and his wife gave me as well as the rest of you crazy bunch was awesome. i offerd my mityvac for brakes and was glad to see it put to use. it must be this big body becasue dons wife kept asking you full theres more food LOL and the food was great. i thought the event ended sunday morning? trust i wont make that mistake again. next one im staying till the end.

your all family now. i have to say this i cried when i saw all the wonderfull bikes. and the tears came when i left. next year with luck i will try to be there on 2 wheels. i have to say its been many years since i drove a bike that far and the highway gives me a scare. i need practice so now that the bike is done looks like i need to get out and hit some back roads first to see how trust worthy the bike now is? then hit some major highways to other towns like peoria. forget that chi- town sorry guys and gals but i wold never drive a bike up toward the airport pepole drive crazy up there. and i thoughr MPLS- ST PAUL was bad . ok enough now im gettting misty eyes once again thanks don and your wonderfull wife. and all you crazy family out there...

Don,

Can I say WOW !!!!!!

I have been a member since around the low 150's membership wise

and have wanted to get to a Maintenance Day but for some reason

( graduations, weddings, birthdays ETC ) I have not been able to attend. This year I put a stake in the ground early, and am I glad I did. This was a collection of the some of the most wonderful people I have met from the many V/R events I have attended and they were ALL IN ONE PLACE !!!!!!!!!!

You have a wonderful place and I know a lot is involved in putting something like this together, if there is anything that the members could do to ease the load PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. We don't want you to bare the burdens alone.

Thanks,

Gary