IGNORED

Oberlin Inn Canceled

Rickster

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are they were told to have rooms for the contractors doing the work

That's probably closer to the truth than anything. It was not unusual for La Quinta to sell contractors rooms for weeks, or even months at a time. From the small innkeeper's prospective its better to get several weeks sold now than to rely on return visits once a year for just one weekend. Good relations, no, but then he's not a national chain so its just the owner making those decisions .

Just called and canceled my room at the Oberlin, they put me in a smoking room and I can't have that. The lady at the desk told me that she does not know why the rooms were canceled. I told her that there would be complaints filed at the BBB regarding their business practices. ScaryLarry--looks like you got a room mate at the Comfort Inn.:thumbsup2: BTY I have already filed a complain with the local BBB.

Edited by Double D

Guest scarylarry
Just called and canceled my room at the Oberlin, they put me in a smoking room and I can't have that. The lady at the desk told me that she does not know why the rooms were canceled. I told her that there would be complaints filed at the BBB regarding their business practices. ScaryLarry--looks like you got a room mate at the Comfort Inn.:thumbsup2: BTY I have already filed a complain with the local BBB.

No problem, I have ear plugs and will travel.....

We're still there for now, haven't talked to the wif yet, she's on vacation. She really likes those rooms, tho. How's Comfort Inn compared to Oberlin?

We might be changin' things around here next week.

Still have mine also. Not sure if I'm going to switch or not. Did not like the reviews I read about the Comfort Inn. But did not like that Oberlin Inn said my room was good for now and they hope it does not change.

Well Bob, looks like it you and me at the oberlin.....so far........:fnd_(16):

I haven't called yet to see if i still have my room there. seeing as how i only just got mine in in February who knows if i still have a room there. I'll let you know.

Guest scarylarry

Don't be surprise if they got it screw up, mine was made at that time and they had me for 1 night in a smoking room, I'm a non smoker... I cancelled on the spot..

Got my letter in the mail today, not very happy with the "Inn" we are booked at the Comfort Inn in Elyria. My letter claims my room was involved in a special project??? My BS meter hit "FULL" Sure sounds like they do not want our business. Craig

We received our letter of cancellation today as well. Reason given was a special project being started June 7th making the room we booked unavailable. Apologies were given to us as loyal Venture Rider guests for the inconvenience caused us.

For what it's worth we should be glad we are finding out this info now rather then later. At least now folks have time to book elsewhere.

Larry

The motel 6 has never done us wrong, however they are old and run down, no coffee maker in room, I know that Eck had a big problem with the neighbors last year. so The sleeperhawks and Myself just thought to try out the comfort inn. and with the 15% discount the AMA gives us it a good deal.

YUP

Guess, I will be the only one at the Motel 6 :confused24: Oh well, :thumbsup: