IGNORED

Oberlin Inn Canceled

Rickster

There are some of us staying at Comfort Inn in Elyria, Oh at 738 Leona St.

About the same distance to Freebirds. I used my AMA number to get a 15% discount there.

I'm stay here also. The Motel 6 in Amherst is getting too run down. Yup the AMA number is good for 15% off.:happy34:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I just talked with Rex at the inn. He told me that rooms that were king size beds were not as likely to be cancelled. I guess there is some street constuion going and Im not sure why it wont effect all of the rooms but at this point Rex said that only two to three rooms would be shut down. Im not trying to make any excuse here just telling what I found out. If everone is going to move to another motel please let me know.

Thanks

Bull463

:thumbdown:Wife called this moring the desk clerk told her some called and canceled the room WE DID NOT CANCEL ROOM THEY DID NOT CALL US IF I DIDN"T READ THIS POST WOULD HAVE SHOWED UP AND NO ROOMShe read them riot act and told them we had a conf. no. and whanted the room told that they would get back to us, If they don't today she will be back on phone to them NOT good dealing with us

I just called to check on my room for the 18th and 19th and was told my room is still good "AT THIS TIME". Asked her if my room may be canceled at a later date? All She could say was " I hope not ". Told me it was construction at the Motel itself. So I believe I better look into other Motels to be safe. Would hate to get there and have no room.

Hi all

I just talked with Rex at the inn. He told me that rooms that were king size beds were not as likely to be cancelled. I guess there is some street constuion going and Im not sure why it wont effect all of the rooms but at this point Rex said that only two to three rooms would be shut down. Im not trying to make any excuse here just telling what I found out. If everone is going to move to another motel please let me know.

Thanks

Bull463

That's strange. I talked to him last yesterday afternoon and he told me that we are losing 10 rooms. Would be nice if we could get a consistent answer. I've also heard three different explanations as to why they are being canceled.

When we got home a few minutes ago, there was a message from Rex at the Oberlin Inn saying our reservation was still intact AT THIS TIME. He couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't change at a later date but for now, we were good with a king size bed / room.

I am going to get with the rest of our group that is coming from the south, as we were all booked at the Oberlin, and see what they want to do. I am like the rest and don't want to get there and not have a room.

We haven't stayed at any of the other places, so if those that have stayed at Comfort Inn or Motel 6 would give us their feedback, I would appreciate it. If the group decides to change motels, we will do it.

Don

Folks...I do not pretend to be an attorney...but...I've done a little research on this and this is what I've read.

If you call have a confirmation only...then they can for a valid reason cancel it. BUT...if you have a reservation that you used a credit card to SECURE then they are guilty of breach of contract if they cancel. It is one of those things that is typically not taken to court because the amount of money involved is not worth it but there are laws about this sort of thing.

BUT...if you have a reservation that you used a credit card to SECURE then they are guilty of breach of contract if they cancel. It is one of those things that is typically not taken to court because the amount of money involved is not worth it but there are laws about this sort of thing.

I worked for La Quinta for 7 years and what the major hotel chains do in a case such as this is called "walk the customers" They make arraignments at another hotel for that night for the same rate you paid. That way you have a room and they did not breach. But the Oberlin is not a major chain so there's no telling what may happen.Since your getting different stories, I would pull my resv and put it somewhere that I knew I would have a bed for the night. But like I said, that's what I would do.

We haven't stayed at any of the other places, so if those that have stayed at Comfort Inn or Motel 6 would give us their feedback, I would appreciate it. If the group decides to change motels, we will do it.

Don

The motel 6 has never done us wrong, however they are old and run down, no coffee maker in room, I know that Eck had a big problem with the neighbors last year. so The sleeperhawks and Myself just thought to try out the comfort inn. and with the 15% discount the AMA gives us it a good deal.

Sounds like it's gonna be a BIG OLE PARTY at the Comfort Inn that night!

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Ben

YUP

Wife called Oberlin Inn today to access the room situation. She was told that they were sending us a letter cancelling our reservations. We are now booked at the Comfort Inn.

Looks like there'll soon be a bunch more of us VR members switching lodging for Don's MD.

Larry

BTW: Comfort Inn was actually cheaper for the 2 nights we booked with them over Oberlins price. :thumbsup2: