IGNORED

Oberlin Inn Canceled

Rickster

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone received an e-mail from Rex Engle at the Oberlin Inn stating they needed to cancel reservations due to a special project, if so any ideas on where to stay?? Thanks

Rick...just talked to the OBERLIN... call them...they told me that they didn't know of any projects planned.........1 440 775 1111 :sign yeah that::fnd_(16):

I just called and spoke to Rex Engle. What he told me was that something came up where it is NOT that the rooms are being rented to others but due to some apparent upgrades that they did not know about, the rooms will not be available at all. I don't know if that is indeed the facts but it is what he told me. He said that he had to take rooms away from 3 different groups and that he was aware of our past business with them and took the fewest away from us.

That still did not explain it to my satisfaction and I expressed my displeasure that this was happening and told him that it would likely affect our business with them in the future.

What he said was that they had to cancel 10 of our reservations. I don't know who those 10 are but apparently they have been notified. I am very irritated over this and made him aware of that fact but did manage to pretty much control my temper at this point.

I am really sorry that this has happened. The next nearest location is probably the Days Inn in Amherst, OH. That is about 15 miles north.

The next nearest location is probably the Days Inn in Amherst, OH. That is about 15 miles north.

It probably is not too late to get ahold of that Days Inn to establish a group rate. At least for the 10 reservations that were canceled, if not all.

Probably not a bad idea....but I'm also not finished...uh...discussing this...with the Oberlin Inn. I am very disappointed in this. I want a better explanation of why the rooms are being canceled. If it is due to an unforeseen issues that are requiring that the rooms be taken out of service, that is one thing. If they are taking them away to give to some other group, I am going to be slightly hot under the collar. I hope that is not the case. My wife says that people don't like me when I get mad. :whistling:

Guest scarylarry

Don,

They cancelled my room for one night, I had 2 nights book..

Look I will work this out at another motel and don't sweat it, not a biggie to me..

Way I look at is no one died and no meals was missed, Hell I could have miss a meal though

I got my notice of cancelation today via email.

I was going to make a post shortly and let people know I was going to be cancelling my reservation anyway in case someone else wanted it. I just got my new tent trailer and want to tow it down to Don's as a practice run for my long trip to Las Vegas.

I just got off the phone and my reservation is still good except that I am now in a smoking room. I make it very clear when I made the reservation in February that I had to have a non-smoking room and was assured that my room was non-smoking. The lady tonight said that I was put in the smoking room the night the reservation was made. What gives with this? I thing a call to the BBB on this place may open the managers eyes. I called earlier today but no one could tell me anything. I was told that I had to talk to the manager so they transferred me to his number, this was at 5:15 local time. I find tonight that he goes home at 5:00, so why did they transfer me to talk to him? I told the lady that I have not decided if I am staying there or not, maybe I will wait until the 18th at 3:45 and call and cancel.:bang head:

I had been planning on camping, but I am not a fan of it being hot outside so I booked a room at the Comfort Inn (739 Leona Street, Elyria). I can cancel up until 4 PM on Friday June 18 if I change my mind and decide to camp.

I have a room (non-smoking) booked with 2 queen beds for $85 a night (tax included). If someone staying both nights is interested (18th and 19th) in splitting the cost I will make firm plans to utilize the hotel instead of camping.

Just shoot me a PM and we can firm things up.

Ben

PS I don't snore and hopefully you can't wake the dead with yours!:banana:

Edited by Gamecock