IGNORED

Spark Plug Removal???

I can not seem to find a socket to fit. First socket was not deep enough, then bought a new socket, and it was too thick. Now I am scratching my head. The socket fits on the plug, but cant reach the plug. The outer wall of the socket is stopping it from reaching the plug. Any help?

Yep, there deep in there. I used the spark plug socket in the tool kit. If you don't have a venture tool kit, there is one on ebay ending I think in three days. Someone else will chime in if they have a mod socket they use, but check that kit out, they come in handy.

I think all I ever used was a 3/8" drive deep socket.

Tip:

Use a short piece of 5/16 or 3/8 fuel line to re-install the plug instead of trying to use the socket. Less chance of a cross thread. Just push the plug into the hose and use the hose to start the plug.

I was about ready to set fire to my bike after working for over an hour and still not having the first plug out. Then, for some reason I remembered my bike came with a tool kit.:doh:

You guys need to see the MKII that Mick has. It is about as perfect as any I have ever seen and yes, it does have an original complete tool kit.

At about any motorcycle shop they sell the spark plug sockets and the one I have fits the plug on one end and has about a 14mm hex on the top. I break it loose with a wrench and then use my fingers to unscrew the socket. That is the best combination I have come up with.

RandyA

At about any motorcycle shop they sell the spark plug sockets and the one I have fits the plug on one end and has about a 14mm hex on the top. I break it loose with a wrench and then use my fingers to unscrew the socket. That is the best combination I have come up with.

RandyA

DITTO.....

I use an air rachet to get them out, then I go to the fuel line and lastly tighten it with a hand rachet. I figure there is no harm in using the air rachet to get it out, but I would never use it to get it back in.

IMPORTANT NOTE: after you break the socket loose, blow some high speed air into the socket area to remove any dirt that may have lodged there,,,, or maybe even a wayward screw,,,, don't ask how I remember this.