IGNORED

Dummy,dummy,dummy

TEW47

This morning as I left Golden Coral I put my helment and gloves on got on the bike and left ( without letting the bike warm up) got to the exit and a car was turning in so I move close to the curb to make sure they had pleanty of room. I stopped and put my feet down turn the handle bars to the right, started to take off and the engine died. With the laws of physics as they are the bike started falling to the right. I put my foot down to step off the bike,but the curb caught my foot and the bike fell on my ankle and broke it in three places. Man do I feel like a dummy. Should have let the warm up before I tried to ride it. Now I'm paying the price. Spent 7 1/2 hours in emergency room.

tew47:thumbdown:

That bites! Hope it heals well and quickly. I take it the bike didn't get hurt? (as you were providing a cushion for it) (not trying for humor with that) Did they give you any idea how much down time to expect before decent functional use of the ankle? Good luck with the healing.

Sorry you got hurt, hope you heal fast with no problems.

But don't feel so dumb. As I tell people " If you ride a bike, eventually your gonna drop a bike." Sooner or later everyone gets bit.

Best of luck.

PS follow the physical therapy instructions, it helps prevent complications later. You may not feel you need it but do it anyway.

I can't help it I'm a RN have to give the lecture.

Gregg

And I agree with the RN advice: DO that PT. Staff in left side of left knee, 1993 and PT for 1.5 yrs got me riding again. Two new knees 11/04, PT 1.5 yrs, and riding again. And we've all done dumb things. I too, have learned the hard way to warm my bike up, and as well, to keep the RPM up in a heavy rain, ... just in case, while at a light!

Keep us posted and ride soon!

JackZ

PS I see you've ridden close to CO, so come on over. We'll have a :97::97:

together and take a great ride! Jz

And I agree with the RN advice: DO that PT. Staff in left side of left knee, 1993 and PT for 1.5 yrs got me riding again. Two new knees 11/04, PT 1.5 yrs, and riding again. And we've all done dumb things. I too, have learned the hard way to warm my bike up, and as well, to keep the RPM up in a heavy rain, ... just in case, while at a light!

Keep us posted and ride soon!

JackZ

PS I see you've ridden close to CO, so come on over. We'll have a :97::97:

together and take a great ride! Jz

Thats real bad luck ---hope you heal fast :thumbsup2:

Guest Ken8143

Ah man what a rotten turn of events. Just not fair. I hope you heal real fast.

when it comes to PT don't do what they say. Do more. You will know how much it can take.