IGNORED

updated Regulator/Rectifier Group Buy

I think we are right around 30 now so: what about the guys who just recently purchased a set for full face value? Are you wanting to re-imurse them the difference??

Or do you want to limit folks to one unit each, so more people can benefit?

If there are 25 units with connectors the first 25 people get one unit each, you want more, buy your connectors elsewhere.

and if someone finds my response "insensitive", you can have mine.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are right around 30 now so: what about the guys who just recently purchased a set for full face value? Are you wanting to re-imurse them the difference??

Or do you want to limit folks to one unit each, so more people can benefit?

If there are 25 units with connectors the first 25 people get one unit each, you want more, buy your connectors elsewhere.

and if someone finds my response "insensitive", you can have mine.

You fellows need to read those e-mails a little better. No where does he say that he has 25 connectors. He said he has the plugs and a few connectors and some of the moisture plugs. He said he will throw in what he has but it might be 1 or it might be 30. No guarantees on the quantities.

Dick

Morning Dick

I think this statement from one of his early e-mails is what everybody is reading and that does give the impression that there are enough sets to cover 25 units.

"Let’s do $32.00 each. I can send the connectors for all 25 pieces, but not sure about the crimp terminals and cavity plugs."

Crimp connectors and cavity plugs are not that big of a deal in either case.

Mike

Morning Dick

I think this statement from one of his early e-mails is what everybody is reading and that does give the impression that there are enough sets to cover 25 units.

"Let’s do $32.00 each. I can send the connectors for all 25 pieces, but not sure about the crimp terminals and cavity plugs."

Crimp connectors and cavity plugs are not that big of a deal in either case.

Mike

Right, he's got the connectors. Those are just dedicated plug covers that plug into the rec/reg but there is nothing inside of them. That's what the crimp terminals and cavity plugs are for. They fit inside of the connectors and make the contact. Real, not the Auto Zone type part stores sell what is needed and I wouldn't imagine that they cost much at all, maybe 2.00 or so but I wanted people to know what they are actually getting. I don't know exactly how many of these units they have as I explained our situation and said probably 20 or 25 units. I believe these are the units that were going to go on to the new Indian Motorcycles before they went out of business again.

Dick

You should be able to take the connectors into ANY "real" electronics "supplier" and match up the terminals needed. I think for this price, including the connector body and possibly the closure is one heck of a deal! Matter of fact, change minr to make it 2 and I only need one set of the connector bodies. Only got 1 bike right now!

If you want, you can purchase the connector bodies (both types) and the crimp-on terminal with seals at www.easternbeaver.com.

When I did my Shindengen conversion, I found them there sold as a set and the owner of the site listed the the parts separately. The connectors are Furakawa brand part no. (3 Position 3P250WPK-FEQLW-BK-F-300) and they are on this page http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/FKWH/fkwh.html.

Just scroll down and you will see the connectors listed in a kit and the individual components. They aren't really cheap, but you get all the parts needed.

NO connection with easternbeaver, just a satisfied customer. Good luck.

If you want, you can purchase the connector bodies (both types) and the crimp-on terminal with seals at www.easternbeaver.com.

When I did my Shindengen conversion, I found them there sold as a set and the owner of the site listed the the parts separately. The connectors are Furakawa brand part no. (3 Position 3P250WPK-FEQLW-BK-F-300) and they are on this page http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/FKWH/fkwh.html.

Just scroll down and you will see the connectors listed in a kit and the individual components. They aren't really cheap, but you get all the parts needed.

NO connection with easternbeaver, just a satisfied customer. Good luck.

This is exactly the kit that I got with the rec/reg when I bought it. It is on the second link that Salty Dog provided.

Furukawa .250 Connectors

3 Position 3P250WPK-FEQLW-BK-F-300

Now with the units we are purchasing, the bulky, outer coupling is provided but in most cases, not the metal connectors or rubber plugs shown in this picture as he is about out of them. As you can see, the metal connectors are not that expensive and if someone didn't want to buy the rubber seals, I'm sure a little RTV would suffice. I seen the metal and rubber parts hanging from a rack in a parts store last week but I never checked their price.

Dick

Where do we stand on this, who will be the distributor, where do we send money/paypal/CC. This thing seems to fit in a flat rate box so what will the final price be. $42??

I've got the bike apart now so I'd like to take care of this while I've got it apart.

Well, has anyone decided to volunteer to be the poster child to do this ordering, gathering extra parts, shipping and collecting the money. At the moment it looks like we've got orders for close to 50 units. I have no clue just how many he has to sell. Once everyone decides what amount they really want then contact can be made to see what is available. It may be easier, and maybe cheaper to get the units, take an inventory of what is supplied and then order the needed extra metal connectors from the other source, that I believe, Salty Dog provided. Since no one knows for sure what the total amount for these units, the extra parts and shipping is going to be it's hard to put a final price on each pkg. deal for pre-payment. It also looks like around 1800.00 or so is going to be needed for someone to do this buy just to get things rolling. I just received a small Priority Mail Flat Rate box from Rick Butler and the postage was 4.95. This box is big enough to handle one of these units but it wouldn't include insurance I'm pretty sure.

What say Ye?

Dick

Well, has anyone decided to volunteer to be the poster child to do this ordering, gathering extra parts, shipping and collecting the money. At the moment it looks like we've got orders for close to 50 units. I have no clue just how many he has to sell. Once everyone decides what amount they really want then contact can be made to see what is available. It may be easier, and maybe cheaper to get the units, take an inventory of what is supplied and then order the needed extra metal connectors from the other source, that I believe, Salty Dog provided. Since no one knows for sure what the total amount for these units, the extra parts and shipping is going to be it's hard to put a final price on each pkg. deal for pre-payment. It also looks like around 1800.00 or so is going to be needed for someone to do this buy just to get things rolling. I just received a small Priority Mail Flat Rate box from Rick Butler and the postage was 4.95. This box is big enough to handle one of these units but it wouldn't include insurance I'm pretty sure.

What say Ye?

Dick

In the second post Lonestarmedic said he could act as distribution point. As far as shipping goes I don't see why the thing wouldn't fit in a small flat rate Priority box for the US for $5 bucks, and Priority to Canada will run $10. As far as the number available, I thought the number posted was about 30... I don't know where you came up with the $1800 figure... 30 x $32 works out to be around $960, and if everyone pays in advance it's not going to be a hardship on anyone. This thing is still in the infant stage, and no matter what it ends up costing in the long run, it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper than dealing with a new OEM. Plus being better technology.

In the second post Lonestarmedic said he could act as distribution point. As far as shipping goes I don't see why the thing wouldn't fit in a small flat rate Priority box for the US for $5 bucks, and Priority to Canada will run $10. As far as the number available, I thought the number posted was about 30... I don't know where you came up with the $1800 figure... 30 x $32 works out to be around $960, and if everyone pays in advance it's not going to be a hardship on anyone. This thing is still in the infant stage, and no matter what it ends up costing in the long run, it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper than dealing with a new OEM. Plus being better technology.

Maybe my addition is off but If you read the post I believe I stated the the total units wanted is now closer to 50. That adds up to 1600 plus shipping from him to who ever does the ordering plus buying the other connector parts needed. I have no clue how many he has to sell but I do know that it is not a limitless amount and he is selling the ones he has everyday on e-bay. How do people pay in advance if the total amount is not yet known? I was just trying to be help full and get this going because it's not going to last forever. I already have mine and I'm using it and just posted the details so that others could get a deal also. I do believe that in this case, If you snooze you lose.

Dick

Maybe my addition is off but If you read the post I believe I stated the the total units wanted is now closer to 50. That adds up to 1600 plus shipping from him to who ever does the ordering plus buying the other connector parts needed. I have no clue how many he has to sell but I do know that it is not a limitless amount and he is selling the ones he has everyday on e-bay. How do people pay in advance if the total amount is not yet known? I was just trying to be help full and get this going because it's not going to last forever. I already have mine and I'm using it and just posted the details so that others could get a deal also. I do believe that in this case, If you snooze you lose.

Dick

There may be around 50 ordered, but like previously posted the total mentioned is still around 25-30. I'm sure by the time Squeeze is through dealing with the seller the final price will be figured out, and then it's a matter of sending the payment via paypal to either Squeeze or JB to be forwarded to the dealer. I've personally done several group buys for the board and that's the way I've done it in the past. I'd be interested to know what you paid via Ebay, and maybe a liink to the sellers auctions?? Also, I've never heard of this rectifyer before. When you find something like this on Ebay you might mention it to the other members. Some might have been interested even at the auction price.