Hello 1st genners,

I need a favor from you folks. Russ in Lowpoint Illinois was good enough to pick me up a backrest for my '89 Venture. The pad is definitely venture with the large V on it, but I fear the mounting brackets are for a Goldwing. Could some of you folks take pics of your backrests so I can see how they mount and how the backrest attaches to the support bar....much appreciated :happy34:

What years did you want pictures of? I have a backrest for 83 to 85 and it mounts completely different than the ones for 86 and up.

Wayne

Wayne,

I'd like to see all the variations for the 1st gen. I have never seen the backrest pad that I have on any other Venture and would like to see how it's attached to actual support. I'll try to get some pics of what I have on so folks will understand what I am looking at.

Brad does the one you have use the triangle shaped mounting like the SS bike?If so I have a set one of which is bent a little Mini can send your way

Jeff

Jeff,

If you have an extra set where they hook onto the side then I would love them. The mounts that Russ was able to get are off a Goldwing I'm sure. I'll get some pics of the items I have on the post here tonight :happy34:

The bike salvage yard wont let me take pix of the parts or bikes. They say people are posting his stuff on CL and stealing his bussiness or something. They do have a back rest on a pre 86 its old and faded and bent alittle. He wants 20 bucks for it and if its a bugger to get off more. It may be rusted on pretty good. I was gonna go get it, but reading this it seems it wont fit my 88. Hes got 2 Mk1s most stuff is gone off them. Whats left is rough.

Here is a link to the most common backrest used for a first gen.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Creepers-Seats/GP_2016896_N_111+10214+600017740_10114.jcw

I gotta know. Was Mike terrified by a 1stGen blowing past him at one time in his life. He never seems to miss a chance to drop a dig any time he can... ad nausium... It would be funny if it were once in a while, but he doesn't get it. No matter what he posts 2ndGens are just plain slow........ and there's nothing he can really do about it... Even a snail thinks he's traveling at warp speed. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Edited by Condor

Why are the 1st gen driver backrests not the center post style?

Hey gary i have had bikes with both styles and my 87vr has the ventureline backrest and i like it better because unlike the post style you have three adjustments front to rear and you just move it forward so passenger can get on without taking anything off. Yamaha should have made one like it for the 2gen.

I gotta know. Was Mike terrified by a 1stGen blowing past him at one time in his life. He never seems to miss a chance to drop a dig any time he can... ad nausium... It would be funny if it were once in a while, but he doesn't get it. No matter what he posts 2ndGens are just plain slow........ and there's nothing he can really do about it... Even a snail thinks he's traveling at warp speed. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/weblog/wp-content/files/turtle_drawing_02.gif

Thats my job thats what I do. Its all Charlies fault he is the one that started it all. It is possible that a first gen is fast just never seen one run long enough to tell.

Thats my job thats what I do. Its all Charlies fault he is the one that started it all. It is possible that a first gen is fast just never seen one run long enough to tell.

Get over here and i show you Autobahn unlimited ... and how long and fast a 1Gen can run ....

I'll even buy you a Steak after you quit whining ... :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

As nice as Squeeze's offer is, you don't need to go that far, just chug up to South Central PA. and I'll show you all of my pretty LED lights....................................

ON THE BACK OF MY BIKE! :rotfl::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotfl::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotfl::crackup:

It doesn't say "WANNA' RACE" for nothing!

Get over here and i show you Autobahn unlimited ... and how long and fast a 1Gen can run ....

I'll even buy you a Steak after you quit whining ... :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

That means, you won't be buying him a steak, as he never stops whining....... :stirthepot: :canada:

That means, you won't be buying him a steak, as he never stops whining....... :stirthepot: :canada:

Ok Rocket, you got me ....

I'm a cheap Swabian AND i really like to keep my Promises. So what else can i do to stay comfortable with both ...

Yo, right, making Promises which won't cost me any Money ... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

And to you Earl ...

Why is it you're trying to steal the Fun from me ?? :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

Just kidding, of Course ... :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I have a back rest for a 83 not sure how to mount it any one got pic's of one on there bike.

Those brackets mount where the helmet locks are if that helps. I'll try to take some pictures later if I can get to Goldie. It's sorta burried in the garage at the moment...

Why are the 1st gen driver backrests not the center post style?

Mine is, I have the saddlemans seat on mine with the center post back rest. The backrest is great, the seat is kinda iffy and not shaped right for my butt.

Brian

Guest Ken8143
As nice as Squeeze's offer is, you don't need to go that far, just chug up to South Central PA. and I'll show you all of my pretty LED lights....................................

ON THE BACK OF MY BIKE! :rotfl::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotfl::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotfl::crackup:

It doesn't say "WANNA' RACE" for nothing!

I saw those lights and they are awesome. And that bike just looks like a 1st gen. but doesn't act like it. Secret things have been done to it. It causes crotch rockets to look like mopeds. It doesn't gain attention by noise but by performance. Try to keep up with Earl if you dare.