IGNORED

Where Does Your Job Take You?

star4772

My current job keeps me pretty well anchored in central Minnesota, but it has taken me to Lafayette, Dallas, and Denver a couple of times. Travel, that's one thing I'm really going to miss about the Air National Guard. There was some pretty good travel with them. Active duty in the Marines took me all over the Pacific.

Pictures Just Wondering Where You Travel With Your Job? Here Is A Few Pic's Of Where I Run With My Semi.

It Is Route 120 West From Lock Haven Pa. To Emporium Pa.

star4772 :)

note Pic With Full Service Curb Side Gas.

That's an awesome area. We just did a ride over Labor Day weekend from Indiana Pa to Brookville, up to Ridgeway, 120 out to Emporium, and 555/255 to Dubois. Took a small side trip up to the dam at Sinnemahoning. Very nice. We should all be so lucky to have that as a 'work' trip. I just commute the same 11 miles back and forth every day.

I just kinda wander around the joint looking to see if trouble is brewing and making the staff nervous just by my precence! Its most fun....lol.

Say hello now and then to the inmates locked up in the SHU, cause I gotta..."senior officer on duty must visit once per day to check up on their well being".

Thas bout it. My last job took me to Germany and most of Europe, most of Canada and some of the western states. Much more interesting!

3 years 7 months and 17 days...but who's counting!:)

All over the bloddy place. Just got back from Charlotte, and Columbia SC.

Been to every province in Canada including NWT, and many states in the US.

Can't stand the travelling now, so I try to get out of every trip I can. Somthing about hotels, restaurants and airports that gets a little tiring.

Brad

Most of you know that I am on the road a lot. My present job keeps me pretty much in OH, PA, NY, WV, KY with the occasional trip for trade shows in FL or sometimes IN and the meetings in MN and WI.

My previous job took me many places, England, Germany, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Thailand, Canada.....probably missing some but those were the most frequent.

Travel has been a big part of my careers for about 20 years now. It gets old at times but I don't think I could sit behind a desk now.

Past position - Anywhere in the US and some travel to Europe (France, England, Denmark, etc) and Canada.

Current position - West region of USwhich is defined as Mississippi, MO, OK, AR, Then all states west and North from there. Also a few trips to NY area since that is where we are headquartered and a couple of clients in NC.

Been on the road for about 15 years or so. Like others said, travel gets old, but an office job would not be fun. I work from the home when not traveling.

The only place a job took me was straight to Viet Nam in the army. I now travel straight through the middle of LSU, coming and going to work, where I have to force myself to keep my eyes on the road and off the young ladies (my wife lets me look). It is about 9 miles to work.

My job takes me mainly to the SF bay area. The one that Mark Twain described " The coldest winter I have ever spent was a summer in San Francisco". I am not a person that likes cold. Also regular trips to Reno,Las Vegas,Carson City, Santa Ana, Carlsbad, Sacramento and a few other weird places...

10 miles from my home to town and 25 to 30 mile to return home if you get my drift.

My previous job used to take me all over the country and sometimes up to Charlies neck of the woods, but that ended after Hurricane Katrina................:cool10::cool10:

Soon my job will be takeing me nowhere for I will be retiring in about 4 years and no telling where retirment will take me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all over I hope...........:cool10::cool10:

My job takes me to the launch pad at the cape in Florida or the launch pad in Vandenburg Calif.

I have also have been to other Boeing facilities in Calif and Ga.

Mostly, my job takes me to the local bike shops to buy more chrome....:whistling:

Guest cajunrsver

My job usually takes me offshore on a floating rig and ocassionally on overseas assignments, like Brazil, Argentina, Syria. When not offshore completing oil and gas wells, I'm usually in New Orleans or Houston.

My job takes me to the launch pad at the cape in Florida or the launch pad in Vandenburg Calif.

I have also have been to other Boeing facilities in Calif and Ga.

Mostly, my job takes me to the local bike shops to buy more chrome....:whistling:

HEY ECK!!!

i have been to one of your work sites,the Canaveral launch pad!

we delivered two custom made "recovery equipment ", trailers there, right after (within one week), of 9-1-1!!!!!

talk about tight security!!!

i and my cohorts built two of the super huge trailers, that house generators and air conditioning, components, that are now used along side the shuttle when it lands. one pair of trailers, went to vandenburg, and one is in florida.

just jt