IGNORED

We Are Fine, The Bike Isn't...

bongobobny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, you hit a deer with your bike and DID'NT go down is something to be very thankful for. I can't even tell you how many dead deer I saw going to and from Don's last weekend. I'm on constant lookout.

In fact there was one LIVE deer waiting to cross I-80 on the south side of Chicago. Needless to say, I slowed along with everyone else, but thought, what are you thinking? (to the deer) He was thinking of crossing probably 8 lanes of traffic.

Glad you came out of this OK,

Steve

Bob, thank God you and Becky are ok. You obviously did a perfect job to be able to keep the bike upright so you and Becky didn't get seriously hurt.

As all the others have said, your new bike can be repaired or replaced, but not yourselves.

There are many ways to customize your bike and I truthfully would rather see you try a better way then to use a BUCK..

You enjoyed 480 miles of great riding and ended it with out any bodily harm.....That is the good news.....turning this incident over to your insurance company may cost you more later on.

Are there that many parts damaged that you cant fix it yourself, or do you feel the front end is totaled...?

I mean a light bar and a mirror and maybe a few other items I would think about just fixing it and not telling my insurance company, but you know what the bikes damage is.. Im just rambling..

Glad your OK.........:clap2:

Awww CRAP! Wow - glad you're OK! I wonder if it was the same one I saw when we were on the way down. I think it was about that far after we left your place.

I'm just glad you & Becky are OK! Did you hang that guardian bell I gave you????

First glad you two are ok. Now do you think it's cause you went to a 2nd gen? Probably better on that then the 1st gen those parts are harder to get and a lot more expensive.

Jeff said you can part it out I'm sure you'd make plenty of money off that.

Margaret

I'm just glad you & Becky are OK! Did you hang that guardian bell I gave you????

Verrrry funny wize a$$, very funny!! Here's what he did. He took a guardian bell bag and filled it with some bolts and screws and gave it to me. I thanked him for the bell and put the bag in my pocket to mount later. Well, later came and I went to install the "Bell" and found out what it really was!! Big Tom put you up to that, didn't he?!!?

Yes there was a bell, given by Big Tom, on the bike.

Stopped over at the dealer on the way home and the estimate was over $6000. Forks do not appear to be bent, but they will check runout when the actual repair is done and replace if necessary. I should have it back in a couple of weeks just in time for the Skid In we hope. Our insurance is Nationwide and supposedly they are very good...

Verrrry funny wize a$$, very funny!! Here's what he did. He took a guardian bell bag and filled it with some bolts and screws and gave it to me. I thanked him for the bell and put the bag in my pocket to mount later. Well, later came and I went to install the "Bell" and found out what it really was!! Big Tom put you up to that, didn't he?!!?

Yes there was a bell, given by Big Tom, on the bike.

Stopped over at the dealer on the way home and the estimate was over $6000. Forks do not appear to be bent, but they will check runout when the actual repair is done and replace if necessary. I should have it back in a couple of weeks just in time for the Skid In we hope. Our insurance is Nationwide and supposedly they are very good...

Oh CRAP! I Honestly thought it was the extra bell I had! I didn't even look in the bag! I must have the actual bell somewhere around the house here. I'm Soooo sorry Bob! Now I really feel bad! I gotta find the real thing and send it off to you.

Boy, that estimate sounds steep for the amount of damage to the bike. Me thinks someone is going to make a real nice profit on the repair!

If only you had done it on the way to maintenance day :superman: ! OK so maybe even Freebird has a white flag deep in his toolbox . "If you can't miss 'em hit 'em square " MC Instructer Skip . Should try to sqeeze a couple of new helmets into the claim I'm sure they hit , it wouldn't hurt to try.

Guest Swifty

...and to think I was lying prone on the grass at maintenance day getting dirty WITH Bongo showing him where to put the bell!!!...sheesh.

So glad you are ok, folks.