IGNORED

Hubby Wants Me to Sell My Baby!

highwaypeg

Sportster Shmortster!!! If he really wants you to get a Harley make him get you a Softail Deluxe... That's the latest greatest Harley Chick bike...

http://www.motorcycle.com/images/content/Review/ioLoadImageCA0JRMOP.jpg

Sportster is a downgrade from your V-Star...

i thought all harleys were chic bikes. :sign29::rotf:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Yama Mamma on this one. I could just feel the blood start to boil!!!

You will regret it the rest of your life if you give in on this one. Regret will lead to anger and it will get worse from there.

Last year when we bought the Venture, everyone tried to tell me to keep our VStar 1100 and trade in my Virago. People thought I was nuts, but you know what...I kept my ground and I haven't regretted it a bit. Yes, the VStar was a great bike...but my Virago is what feels comfortable to me and she's like my baby.

I also think it's wrong that some of these posts are telling you to buy a Harley bigger than a Sportser. Sorry....wrong answer. The lady likes what she rides.

PLEASE DON'T COW DOWN TO ANYONE. IT'S YOUR BIKE AND YOU LOVE IT.

To he## with what your husband or anyone else thinks.

Sorry for venting, but I'm so mad I'm just shaking.

And I'm sorry that your husband even would say such a thing. Marriage is give and take and after 29 yrs of it I had to do a lot of giving myself, but I would never, never give up MY bike.

OK, I've sat here and read and reread some of the messages here. I think she pretty well gets the point. We can bash Harley's all day for this and that but what it comes down to is the household and not beat up her husband even though we might highly disagree with his approach. Imagine if her hubby read all these messages, As the saying goes "And that's when the fight started" I'm sure his friends are nice people and their minds are loyal to Harleys as ours are to Star. In the end it'll be what she should decide is best for her and peace in the family. My wife rides a Vstar by her choice and hers alone. She bought it and paid for it. I made suggestions but hers was the final decision. I suppose I'll make a few folks here think about my sanity but then again, I never claimed to be the most sane person to walk this great world God made for us. You asked for suggestions so here's mine, tell hubby you love him and appreciate his concern about your bike but would rather keep yours and spend the money on something you both want. God Bless all the great folks on this site and their concern is genuine for you. Hearts are in the right place. Mike

what's wrong with all you "men" here ?????

you guys really know how to suck up to the ladies,dont you?

here's my advice 'highwaypeg'...

git on that bike of yours...fire her up...take off into the sunset with your boots on the highwaypeg...never to return to the BAD hubby.

let him keep the cars,house,the kids,and all the money in the bank.

THAT WILL TEACH HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whistling::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Here's the other problem. I love Harley's. Love the way they sound, look, etc., but I also love lots of other bikes. The problem I've always had with Harley is the people who adamently think it is the only bike to have and that anything else is inferior.

I had a Shadow that I loved. I like the Victory's. I don't understand why they can't just love bikes and leave it at that.

Like most (not all) Harley riders, your husband sounds like a "poser". Someone who pays 1/3 more for a bike because of the "Harley" name on it. He loads up on the cool t-shirts, window stickers for his truck, and anything with the brand written on it, and this is what he bases his buying decision on. As you can see by my sig., I'm not brand loyal, I buy the best. I do the research and make a decision not based on what others think.:soapbox:

come on guys, highwaypeg seems like a nice lady ,and her husband may be one nice person. he just believes in what he rides. kind of like me and my wing. well not quite. i think the major problem here is pegs bike will out run his and his friends bikes and it is an embaracement to him. peg, my advise is stay out of the throttle when you ride with them harley guys. you can make alot of money on the side. sucker them in on a drag race. tell them to put up or shut up. if you accidently get beat look me up and we will do some tweaking so it don't happen again. :clap2::rotf::rotf::2133:

Hey Peg,

You gotta' love my girl Jean, she asked me to relay this info on to you.

Jean says: "Stop feedin' him, and sleepin' with him, and doin' his dishes, and washin' his clothes for a while, and when he asks why, tell him that you have become so depressed over the potential loss of your VSTAR that you just can't focus on anything else. THAT should put things into perspective for him. Plus it takes the pressure off of you and puts it on him. Now he must decide, "do I keep harpin' about this bike thing, or do I continue to wear this pair of underwear for the 9th day while I'm on my way to Tacco-Bell and the Laundry-Mat!:confused24:

Earl and Jean

Peg, if you like your bike then keep it. Maybe you can ask your husband how he would feel if you were to ride a bike, in this case a Sportster, something that you would be uncomfortable on and a bike that really didnt feel right to you, and have some kind of a mishap. God Forbid. But it can happen. Ride what you are comfy with. Not bashing Harleys here but you make your choice for yourself based on how you feel.

Peg, if you like your bike then keep it. Maybe you can ask your husband how he would feel if you were to ride a bike, in this case a Sportster, something that you would be uncomfortable on and a bike that really didnt feel right to you, and have some kind of a mishap. God Forbid. But it can happen. Ride what you are comfy with. Not bashing Harleys here but you make your choice for yourself based on how you feel.

He's not interested in her comfort as long as she looks good to the Harley crowd! After all who's ego is he trying to satisfy?:puzzled:

Edited by YamaDuck

First of all, I want to thank you all for your support on this topic. I have been pretty straight forward with my husband about how I feel about keeping my V Star. I think I can change his mind.

But my husband seems to think that I would really like a Sportster better.

We are going to go look at them this weekend. I will look but I still want to keep my V Star.

I do appreciate the arguments on my behalf. You guys are great.

highwaypeg:15_9_28[1]:

Peg,

this is the same thing i told my wife when she bought her shadow1100. If you dont buy it I will, and she bought it. She has never looked backand I'm happy for her. Ride what you like. Sporter, v star , shadow.It shouldn't matter.

I ride with a group of Harley riders in my local town. yes they rib me and make fun of my 91 vr, but when they have to put theirs in the garage I,m still riding. Oh yea, with my best friend wright beside me becouse friends will come and go ,but my wife chooses me forever.

David

margret

your husband should get down on his knees and thank the o'man up stairs.that you his wife loves to ride her own bike beside him. sounds like ya'll have been married a while. he should be behind you 110% in your confort and happiness. sorry i just had to say what i felt lead to say.

peace to you and yours

don c.

First of all, I want to thank you all for your support on this topic. I have been pretty straight forward with my husband about how I feel about keeping my V Star. I think I can change his mind.

But my husband seems to think that I would really like a Sportster better.

We are going to go look at them this weekend. I will look but I still want to keep my V Star.

I do appreciate the arguments on my behalf. You guys are great.

highwaypeg:15_9_28[1]:

Peg, just remember. You can never have too many motorcycles:stirthepot:

margret

your husband should get down on his knees and thank the o'man up stairs.that you his wife loves to ride her own bike beside him. sounds like ya'll have been married a while. he should be behind you 110% in your confort and happiness. sorry i just had to say what i felt lead to say.

peace to you and yours

don c.

well said don, hey peg, i don't know if this post was just meant to be in fun. but it's beginning to sound like you need to learn to be your own gal. if you like your bike hold your ground. i had 4 sportsters and still like them but i would'nt consider buying one. mainly cuz they don't even compare to a v-star. i had an 1100 v-star silverado, and now have a v-star 1300. a sporster won't even come close. stick to your guns and keep what you like. i don't tell my wife what to buy. she gets what she wants and i get what i want. thats what a good married life is all about. bill :clap2::2133:

This is why Harley riders can leave a bad taste in my mouth...they are close-minded to other possibilities. He should be proud of you for riding your own...period. Is he one of those that won't wave back if it's not a Harley, too? Let's see, in junior high we called that stuck-up.

Brandy