IGNORED

Well I did it.....NEW BIKE!!

Freebird

Well folks, same as many of you, I've patiently awaited the introduction of the new '09 RSV. I said all along that the ONLY difference for '09 would be the color. I think that many of us felt that would be the case but I DO expect to see something new for 2010. What will it be? Who knows.

At any rate, most of you know that I've been thinking about a new bike for some time now so today I finally bit the bullet and can happily say that it is sitting in my garage.

Brand new 2008 model. Black/Silver.

And with that, I will leave you all to speculate. As for me, I'm going for a little ride. More info and pictures later this evening. :)

Congrats on the new bike! Yea, I was hoping they would do something with the Venture, but like you , I suspected we might just get a new option on the tape player! :)

Glad they are back to a brown(ish) color, but I will keep my gold/black cherry '86 for another year it looks like. Just getting it outfitted the way I like it.

I think I will go for a ride too.

would this per chance be a man powered kind of BIKE ???????????:rotfl:

And the winner is.....CINDERELLA. :)

My wife has been wanting to start bike riding for some time now. Don't know if I'll really get into it or not but decided to give it a try. When the guy asked me what I was looking for in a bike, I told him that I really needed something that would look OK hanging in the garage.

Took it on ONE short ride down the street and my legs were already hurting.

And the winner is.....CINDERELLA. :)

My wife has been wanting to start bike riding for some time now. Don't know if I'll really get into it or not but decided to give it a try. When the guy asked me what I was looking for in a bike, I told him that I really needed something that would look OK hanging in the garage.

Took it on ONE short ride down the street and my legs were already hurting.

Mowing that property wasnt enough exercise???? :doh: Dont you realize that once we pass the 50 mark our bodies WANT us to become couch potatoes.....but NOOOOO, you got to make us other men look bad.:pushups: If I ever came home and found a bicycle in my garage lets just say that Eck will get part of his wish.....(sorry Eck, I keep the bike...for now)

:stirthepot::whistling:

HEY Squidley, Do you have or make a PILLOW TOP to Schwinn bracket? :rotfl::rotfl:Don just might be lookin for 1 soon.

:sign20: No not yet, but if there is a need for one :whistling:

BTW Tweetie Bird, what kind of bike is that, I have seriously been looking for a bike like that with the disc brakes and higher handlebars :scratchchin:

Where is the cassette player?:rotfl:

I'm sticking with my IPOD.

I was all excited for you, as I know how much I love my new bike. Dirty, dirty trick.

On the flip side, this new bike can keep you in shape so you will be able to enjoy your real bike longer.

Well...I do not know about KEEPING me in shape but it has sure shown me how OUT of shape I am. I don't remember it being this hard when I was a kid.

it needs more chrome.

a chrome tire pump

maybe a chrome horn

and a chrome drink holder

cheers, Scott:smile5:

I added the chrome bottle holder already.

HEY Squidley, Do you have or make a PILLOW TOP to Schwinn bracket? :rotfl::rotfl:Don just might be lookin for 1 soon.

This is very close to the truth. The ONLY thing, so far, that I don't like about the bike is the seat. It is WAY too soft. Wonder if Corbin makes one?

Cool ! .... adjust the seat properly and your legs won't hurt (so much).

I was very careful to get the proper frame size and that everything is adjusted properly. I'm getting proper leg extension and etc. Standover height of the frame is just right for me too. The sad fact is, I'm just BADLY out of shape.

I have a couple of choices now. I can either get in shape...OR...add a 1000W electric hub motor.......:whistling: