IGNORED

Lotto

Galapagos

Can I make a stupid suggestion here?

Lets get into the Powerball. We can PayPal Freebird three bucks. That pays for one chance, $2.00, and gives us somthing extra. We can donate what is left. Two dollars for the PB chance and we decide what charity gets the cash by a member vote for the remaining funds.

Crazy idea? I donate alot of time and money to those I will never meet. It is a good feeling. The best feeling I have ever had in my life.

We could wait til the next pull if nobody hits.

Oh I think it's too late for this time. That is tomorrow. If there is enough interest to do this, I would suggest that we get it started and let people contribute until the next time it gets big. You all decide at what point to pull the trigger. There can be no cheating. Everybody will know that they have contributed and the total is publicized everywhere.

Oh I think it's too late for this time. That is tomorrow. If there is enough interest to do this, I would suggest that we get it started and let people contribute until the next time it gets big. You all decide at what point to pull the trigger. There can be no cheating. Everybody will know that they have contributed and the total is publicized everywhere.

I will be reading and waiting to see where this goes. :whistling::whistling:

I think where the cheating part comes in is when the person in charge also gets their own personal ticket. Then there is always the question of whether that person or the group really won.

The ONLY way around that is to post all of the groups numbers before the drawing.

I will play too. Man the toys we all could buy...........

Yup your right Eddie toys galore and just think I would even buy a Harley so I would have a second bike to ride when my Yammy breaks down (NOT).

The only trouble is it would fall apart before I would get to ride it :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Just kidding you have a sweet ride Eddie.

OK, we did not get going soon enough to lose our money. Let me make some suggestions.

The Lotto hits 100 million we play.

Ticket costs you three dollars here. PayPal to Freebird. Two for the chance and one for expenses and charity. (PayPal charges a fee.)

One $3 ticket gives you one share after taxes. You can buy as many $3 dollar tickets as you wish.

Numbers purchased are displayed the night before the numbers are drawn.

We have to chose a charity for our extra money.

Freebird is the Administrator. He is the deciding factor in all disputes. His word is law.

You all have to buy white bikes the rest of your life. (Just kidding:)

Our kitty for charity hits a dollar amount that we can decide on we donate.

I know I missed stuff. Any suggestions are welcome.

MoS

Edited by Man of Steel

No quicker way to destroy a family than to be granted a large sum of money.

RR

Yep,, I agree, let's leave it alone. Our riches are in the fellowship we have going here, not in the money we have or can get. So far we have been well blessed, we have been able to help each other in many ways, even with charity funds at times. Things like that pull us together. I can't see how this will help with that. Experience over time has shown that money separates friends, but love binds us together.

I ran a lottery pool at work for a couple years. Hassle is usually the weekly collection of funds. In a group you have to be careful if someone who regularily joins misses paying when you hit the winners.... then past group members come out of the woodwork.

Pick up a group form at one of the ticket retailers or look online. They give tips on how to manage a group.

For "legal" reasons... you need to come up with and post the group's rules and membership for each draw. Best to get people to agree to the rules once you post them (even online someone saying they agree in the thread) so someone can't argue after the fact if they miss out on winnings.

One thing to consider is that if you have list of regular players... keep emails if someone drops out. If someone misses a payment don't consider them out of the group until you get an email or post from them. Cover their payment to a point or set amount in the rules (could say if someone gets beyond a certain point where they haven't paid they are considered to be out of the group - but it has to be stated in the rules posted).

Not sure how members outside of the U.S. would complicate things - taxes. Might say something in the lottery rules about only being U.S. residents so don't complicate things where it could cause problems collecting.

I know it sounds extreme for such a small thing... but if you hit "the big one"... do you really want a big pay-out held up in the courts?

I think this could turn into a nightmare and I'm sure Don has other things to do than to babysit this enterprise. I say forget it, if you want to play, walk to your corner 7-11 and buy a ticket. And Carl, I totally agree with you.

This is going to get way too complicated and time consuming. We have all seen or heard of the legal problems and lawsuits over a winning ticket, as a result of a group buy. It's not worth the strained relationships that would result from the problems involved in a winning ticket. As Carl said ... this is a family and I think this could be a HUGE problem if there was a winner. Put your $2 in the bank and in the long run, will earn you more.

IMHO

Jim

Yep,, I agree, let's leave it alone. Our riches are in the fellowship we have going here, not in the money we have or can get. So far we have been well blessed, we have been able to help each other in many ways, even with charity funds at times. Things like that pull us together. I can't see how this will help with that. Experience over time has shown that money separates friends, but love binds us together.

:sign yeah that:Best to leave it alone.