IGNORED

Two strikes and a hit!

darthandy

Well, we had a couple of close calls with deer this spring, but one finally caught us tonight! We were on our way back from visiting our youngest daughter for her birthday up in Toronto when a doe jumped from behind the pillar of an overpass and landed in the grill of our car (Just 20 KM from home...DAMN!). My wife was quite upset (I wasn't exactly overjoyed either!) but as I told her ... we are OK and we weren't on the bike. I shudder to think what would have happened if we had centre punched that deer with the Venture.

Here's what the car looked like. Now to see if they'll fix it and then hope it won't have a hidden problem showing up in a year or so! Damn - we were finally able to buy a decent car when my wife got a long term contract a couple of years ago. Thought we were set for our "retirement" vehicle. HA! No such luck! Oh well, as I said, we're alive and uninjured. We'll settle for that at this point.

Andy

Edited by darthandy
Fixed pics

Like you said, better the car than the bike..........I had an extremely close call a few weeks ago, 1 sec either way I would have reacted to it and crashed or hit it........too dang close for me, I have had them close but this was closeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Your wife is unhappy:crying:, but thats what insurance is for.

That's tough. Yours looks a lot worse than my Avalanche from us hitting a deer Saturday night. It looks bad but certainly repairable and should be as good as new when they are done with it. I'm just glad you are both OK. My wife was upset also but more for the deer than anything else.

Something we have no control over, Andy.....:sign **** happens:

My son hit a deer on the 404 HWY a while back at 10 in the morning !

His second experience with deer, first one he was a passenger.

Good luck with the insurance settlement.

Abdul. :beer:

Edited by chabicheka

Surprising how much damage a deer can do. I hit one in the car (2000 Camry) a couple years ago. With the way the front end of the car is the deer rolled up the hood, windshield, and roof of the car. Ended up with about $3800 damage. Insurance fixed it all.

Trucks do much better with deer than cars do. When I hit a deer with my GMC all that happened was a cracked grill, and a full freezer. Then 20 minutes after leaving that spot I hit a second deer, that one left no damage but got up and ran away. These were both very early in the morning on my way to my deer hunting stand. I guess they were in a hurry to get into my freezer. :fatsmiley:

Glad to hear you is all Ok Mr. Andy, could have been worse. With the amount of deer hittings lately maybe the auto manufactures will look at putting deer catchers on the front of vehicles.

I'd settle for more deer hunting in this area. With no natural predators left around here and lots of feeding areas, these guys are breeding like rabbits. Bambi isn't looking all that cute these days!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Mike, Bob - let me know where to get those pliers and that rubbing compound of which you speak. If they work that well, I know where I can get a five year old Corvette really cheap that just needs the body and mechanicals "fixed" to be road worthy again! :rotf:

Andy

I saw the comment about the 5 year old Corvette. My whole life I have wanted a Corvette. I do know where there is a 63 convertible setting in a garage near us with piles of junk sitting on the trunk lid. About ten years ago we stopped out of curiosity to see what the story was. We were told as far as they know it just has a leak in the radiator.

So I wait, patiently for the right time to approach them. Maybe someday. Ah it probably is an automatic anyway.

Yama Mama http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnYghfyf6Qb17RoQzjvKxXTsE0F071If3FE1S7V0DQyLdAje-Y0Q

So I wait, patiently for the right time to approach them. Maybe someday. Ah it probably is an automatic anyway.

Yama Mama http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnYghfyf6Qb17RoQzjvKxXTsE0F071If3FE1S7V0DQyLdAje-Y0Q

Oh, yeah! Right! Of course ... who would want an automatic, anyway, right?

:95:

Andy