IGNORED

I had to run for my life!

Flyinfool

I was in the cafeteria at work today.

I normally go there late so it is quiet and calm with not many people around.

On the other side of the room I could overhear a conversation between one of the cafeteria managers and a customer. I was not paying close enough attention till I was snapped to attention by the comment "by the end of this year the oil in the gulf will have flowed up the Mississippi and be contaminating the shores in Wisconsin". Too which I could only think WTF!!! They then morphed the conversation to the FACT that rivers can only flow south. It is "impossible" for water to naturally flow North.

On my way out the door after I finished my lunch I mentioned to the manager that water will always flow down hill regardless of which direction that is. Water does not know how to read a compass.

At that same time as I mentioned this there was another customer that walked in and got all over me, because it is a FACT that water can only flow from north to south. At which point I had to RUN FOR MY LIFE.

I did not post this in Jokes and Humor cuz it really did just happen!!

I thought that I had a pretty good handle on this gravity thing and how it relates to water.

Or am I all wet and therefore doomed to be headed south.

I'm scared now. Hiding in my office with all of the lights off.

OK flame suit on,,,,,,,,,or should I be wearing a wet suit.

They'd really go nuts figuring out the rivers here in Paducah. The Tennessee, Cumberland, and Clarks river flow north into the Ohio river, which flows from east to west and then not far from here, the Ohio flows into the Mississippi river, which then flows North to South.(Whew!!!!)

Glenn

You'd be amazed how many people think North is "up" and South is "down" therefore water flows from North to South. Up North, down South you know. Just look at your globe and you can see it's true!

Annie, time to send this month's shipment of water back.

It must be a gravity thing ..I'm now ready to stop the earth and wait for all the people to fall off ! except me of course , I will hang on really tight. :) hey i just realized something , maybe that will work on that oil leak in the gulf, just stop the world when its upside down and all we will have to do is catch the oil as it heads for the sky. but we are going to need a really big bucket. :)

You'd be amazed how many people think North is "up" and South is "down" therefore water flows from North to South. Up North, down South you know. Just look at your globe and you can see it's true!

Annie, time to send this month's shipment of water back.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: This is so funny right now 'cos we just had the "biggest" downpour!!:yikes:

So I think one of your states is bone dry now :smile5:

Water will come upside down to ya :doh::rasberry: