IGNORED

I had to run for my life!

Flyinfool

The Licking River rises in the Cumberland Plateau of eastern Kentucky, in southeastern Magoffin County. It flows northwest in a highly meandering course past Salyersville and West Liberty. In Rowan County in the Daniel Boone National Forest it is impounded to form the large Cave Run Lake reservoir. Northwest of the reservoir it receives Fleming Creek approximately 8 mi (13 km) northwest of Carlisle and flows across the Bluegrass region of northern Kentucky. It receives the North Fork from the east approximately 10 mi (16 km) northwest of Mount Olivet and the South Fork from the south at Falmouth. It joins the Ohio opposite Cincinnati, Ohio, where it separates the cities of Covington and Newport. The river was used as the south-western border of the original Mason County and is the southwest border of Fleming and Rowan counties today.

I ain't seen water run uphill yet.

How 'bout "down under" :doh::whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Ok, here we go,,,,Annie, does the bathtub drain water spin clockwise or counterclockwise "down there"? I know this is important to some so please take time to check the kitchen sink and "terlit" too....:think:

Renne......my head's spinn'in !:2133:

Water runs downhill... (unless land is totally flat)

Some rivers flow to the north, some to the south, all however run downHill...

The pertinent fact here is someone stated oil was flowing "UP" the Mississippi... I would have offered that person another glass of Coolaid...

:think:

http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/riversno.htm

Rivers That Flow North

(actually downhill) in a northerly direction

http://www.worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gif

THE FACTS: Unless the land it totally flat, rivers of water run downhill. The vast percentage of rivers on the planet flow in a southerly direction because the source (usually in the mountains) is to the north of the mouth.

http://www.worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gifhttp://www.worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gif If the source of a river is at a higher elevation than the mouth, that river will run from the source to the mouth. However, if that (higher) source is to the south of the mouth, that river will then flow to the north (downhill).

http://www.worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gifhttp://www.worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gif Below is a partial list of rivers (length listed when known) that do just that. We haven't listed rivers that run to the northwest, or rivers that don't meet the exact requirements.

http://www.worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gif

Athabasca Alberta, Canada, 765 miles

Bann Northern Ireland

Bighorn Wyoming and Montana, USA, 336 miles

Cauca Colombia, 597 miles

Deschutes Oregon, USA, 250 miles

Eel Northern California, USA, 78 miles

Erne Ireland and Northern Ireland, 60 miles

Essequibo Guyana, 600 miles

Genesee New York, USA, 144 miles

Jordan Utah, USA, 45 miles

Lena Russian Federation, 2735 miles

Little Bighorn, Wyoming and Montana, USA, 80 miles

Magdalena Colombia, 1062 miles

Mojave Southern California, USA, 100 miles

Monongahela Eastern USA, 128 miles

New Virginia and West Virginia, USA, 255 miles

Niagara Lake Erie to Lake Ontario, 39 miles.

Nile Africa, 4150 miles

Ob Russian Federation, 2289 miles

Oswego New York, USA, 24 miles

Otter Creek Vermont, USA, 75 miles

Pend Oreille Washington, USA, 62 miles

Red Minnesota, North Dakota, USA (into Canada), 318 miles

Richelieu Quebec, Canada, 208 miles

Saginaw Michigan, USA, 20 miles.

Saint Johns Florida, USA, 275 miles

San Pedro Mexico (into Arizona), 142 miles

Shennandoah Virginia and West Virginia, USA, 55 miles

Wilamette Oregon, USA, 188 miles

Wallkill New Jersey, USA, length unknown

Yenisey Russian Federation, 2548 miles

Youghiogheny Eastern USA, 151 miles

I was in the cafeteria at work today.

I normally go there late so it is quiet and calm with not many people around.

On the other side of the room I could overhear a conversation between one of the cafeteria managers and a customer. I was not paying close enough attention till I was snapped to attention by the comment "by the end of this year the oil in the gulf will have flowed up the Mississippi and be contaminating the shores in Wisconsin". Too which I could only think WTF!!! They then morphed the conversation to the FACT that rivers can only flow south. It is "impossible" for water to naturally flow North.

On my way out the door after I finished my lunch I mentioned to the manager that water will always flow down hill regardless of which direction that is. Water does not know how to read a compass.

At that same time as I mentioned this there was another customer that walked in and got all over me, because it is a FACT that water can only flow from north to south. At which point I had to RUN FOR MY LIFE.

I did not post this in Jokes and Humor cuz it really did just happen!!

I thought that I had a pretty good handle on this gravity thing and how it relates to water.

Or am I all wet and therefore doomed to be headed south.

I'm scared now. Hiding in my office with all of the lights off.

OK flame suit on,,,,,,,,,or should I be wearing a wet suit.

Obviously your co-workers can never be plumbers.

In northwestern Ohio, within the Maumee watershed, the Blanchard River flows into the Auglaize, which flows into the Maumee River, which empties into Lake Erie.

Last I checked, Lake Erie is north of Ohio, which means that the water in this watershed flows to the north. I'm sure there are other examples that can be documented. Ain't gravity wonderful?

On the other side of the room I could overhear a conversation between one of the cafeteria managers and a customer. I was not paying close enough attention till I was snapped to attention by the comment "by the end of this year the oil in the gulf will have flowed up the Mississippi and be contaminating the shores in Wisconsin". Too which I could only think WTF!!! They then morphed the conversation to the FACT that rivers can only flow south. It is "impossible" for water to naturally flow North.

On my way out the door after I finished my lunch I mentioned to the manager that water will always flow down hill regardless of which direction that is. Water does not know how to read a compass.

At that same time as I mentioned this there was another customer that walked in and got all over me, because it is a FACT that water can only flow from north to south. At which point I had to RUN FOR MY LIFE.

I thought that I had a pretty good handle on this gravity thing and how it relates to water.

Hmmm...maybe where they live the sun rises in the west and sets in the east as well? :stickpoke:

Don't worry about it. These guys you speak of probably see Flying Saucers too. The nuts are everywhere. :bang head::bang head::bang head:

I'd refer you to the first rule of plumbing: "Stuff" always runs downhill. Also applies to just about everything else in life.

There are three rules to plumbing Dan.

1, Hot on the left

2. Cold on the right.

3. "Stuff" won't run uphill!!:whistling: