IGNORED

Another VentureRider down,

YamaDuck

A new member went down today. Highlander1ga (James) and his wife Angie were on their way to a family gathering when around 2 pm today the car in front of them stopped for no apparent reason and Highlander1ga could not stop and tried to go around the right side but there was not enough shoulder. Highlander1ga went over the embankment and noticed Angie was not on the bike. Highlander1ga put the Venture into the bank jumped off and ran to the aid of his wife Angie. The left side of the Venture is pretty messed up. Highlander1ga is not hurt other than a pulled leg mussel.

I visited Angie in the hospital and she is in great spirits. She has a broken wrist, a fractured ankle, and one of her knees is about double the size it should be. She is at home tonight recovering from the accident and is still in great spirits. Lets all wish her a speedy recovery.

:337:

YamaDuck told us of your accident after he arrived at Ecks gathering. Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery, heal fast and get back on and ride.........Sorry you missed out on the beautiful weather, not the way you wanted tos pend your weekend I am sure............

A new member went down today. Highlander1ga (James) and his wife Angie were on their way to a family gathering when around 2 pm today the car in front of them stopped for no apparent reason and Highlander1ga could not stop and tried to go around the right side but there was not enough shoulder. Highlander1ga went over the embankment and noticed Angie was not on the bike. Highlander1ga put the Venture into the bank jumped off and ran to the aid of his wife Angie. The left side of the Venture is pretty messed up. Highlander1ga is not hurt other than a pulled leg mussel.

I visited Angie in the hospital and she is in great spirits. She has a broken wrist, a fractured ankle, and one of her knees is about double the size it should be. She is at home tonight recovering from the accident and is still in great spirits. Lets all wish her a speedy recovery.

:337:

Damn cager! I never trust drivers on cagers one bit. Just one story...I was riding down our local route and the driver in a Ford Van almost pulled in front of me. Luckily I was able to shine my bright lights and he stopped abruptly. I got caught up on a traffic light and went to a full stop and noticed this Ford Van has a yellow bumper sticker that states "Watch for Motorcycles." :mad: Hmmmm. You would think that he would pay to motos on the road.

I wish a speedy recovery to Highlander1ga and his wife. Glad to hear that they are now recovering at home.

Edited by N3FOL
Must have pressed my mouse...emoticon showed up...

Damn cager! I never trust drivers on cagers one bit. Just one story...I was riding down our local route and the driver in a Ford Van almost pulled in front of me. Luckily I was able to shine my bright lights and he stopped abruptly. I got caught up on a traffic light and went to a full stop and noticed this Ford Van has a yellow bumper sticker that states "Watch for Motorcycles." :mad: Hmmmm. You would think that he would pay to motos on the road.

I wish a speedy recovery to Highlander1ga and his wife. Glad to hear that they are now recovering at home.

worst part of it is, most motorcycle riders that i know are cagers don't think the fault is driving a car, it's the fact that people are in the fast lane with life and don't have time to respect other peoples rights. i'm just glad these folks are all right, and hoping for angies speedy recovery. :)

As DragonRider said, we all heard about this from Yamaduck when he arrived at a our dinner meet & eat in Peachtree city, Ga last night.

Yamaduck also said they were planning on coming to this M&E in hopes of finally meeting up with some of VR family members to put a face with a name, but because of this accident they were not able to make it.

I send them both many "get well wishes" and hope we have a sucessful chance to meet each other another day down the road soon.

Just serves as a good reminder how important following distance is, somehow it just never seems to be enough.

Heal up quick you two, and God bless.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse than it was and prayers for a speedy recovery for both of you.

I was about to say this very thing. We are, sometimes, as quick to blame the driver as they are to blame the bikers. We become complacent with our abilities and follow more closely than we should or position ourselves so we can't be see. Fact is, we have just as much if not more responsibility to MAKE ourselves be seen as the cage drivers have for being aware that we are there.

I'm not saying this was the case this time just reminding that, it may not always be the cagers fault that things happen.

Man, glad to hear they are relatively OK! I will pray for a speedy recovery!

I may have some plastic pieces he can use to fix the Venture depending on what's broke and what's not. Have him PM me with needs when he gets around to it...

I'll do that thanks.