IGNORED

Where in the 'H' is everybody??

Condor

Well my 2 cents plus interest!!

Every time one of the "Givers" finally leaves this site, they seem to be replaced by another. ...

Well said for the most part Bob, but this part is what I'm talking about. It seems like lately they aren't getting replaced. I usually log on in the early AM and there always was 50 + posts to scan through over the years. For the last year or so that number has been dwindling. This morning.. 19 new posts. I get surprised when it gets above 25. Same thing in the evening...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still here Condor. I still come on and go to the chatroom. Which has been real slow over the last couple of years. However, there are still a few that show up now and then. I will always be a loyal member here. Even if everyone buys a Harley.

Yama Mama:smile5:

:sign20: You go girl !!!!! :sign woo hoo:

Helloooo:stickpoke: I'm still here to annoy you all :smile5:

In the end it don't matter what you ride, it's family in here and sometimes we can't visit with family as often as we would like. The time difference effects my posting.... you're all in bed when I come on most times.

This site is how we stay in contact with all our wonderful friends-- so keep posting folks :sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Lately I've noticed a big drop in the supporting member activity. Both viewing and posting. I just looked at the count and there were only 44 members, and 240-something guests on the counter.

Did we really have 6241 users online back on October 27th? Seems like that is unlikely; perhaps a glitch/bug?

There are currently 54 members and 242 guests. Most users ever online was 6,241, 10-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Ok folks, I've been watching this thread from the beginning and waiting to give most of you a time to express your thoughts and opinions.

Here is mine.

I think that changing the name and/or focus of this group would be a mistake. As Black Owl has stated, the VTS did that and they have never again been nearly as active as they were before. There are a number of sites out there for other brands and models. There are a few "all brand" type sites. What makes this site special and unique is that it is dedicated to the Yamaha Venture.

Though we have always welcomed riders of all bikes, the focus of the technical areas and etc. here has been the Yamaha Venture and Royal Star models. There is no doubt that it is the love of the Yamaha V4 that brought us all together. Yes, some of us have slowly moved to other bikes over the years but we stay here because of the many friendships that we have made.

It is a formula that has worked and I would personally not want to change it. But...I will listen to your opinions on the matter.

Has it been a little slower lately? Yes it has. Does that really matter? Not so much to me. There have been slow times before and it has bounced back. It is just the nature of such things. Could it get slower yet as the Venture is discontinued and there are less new ones being bought? Sure it could but only time will tell. Heck, we might find it even getting more active. How many of us have run across Yamaha dealers that know NOTHING about the Venture? Now that the dealers won't even have any on the floor, they will know even less and we may find more riders looking for answers to some of the same question that led many people here to begin with.

So yes, I do get a bit concerned at times when things get a little slower but I don't think it is time to panic. We still get new members here every week and our actual paid membership numbers have remained fairly constant, though flat, for several years now.

So my hope is that we just continue to enjoy what we have here. Continue to spread the word about VentureRider.org and continue to enjoy the friendships that we share.

I think a fair amount of the lack of traffic could be attributed to the number of Venture related Facebook sites as well. I think I counted 4 or 5 and I see a lot of the same names I see here on most of those, so if you spread a little bit of time around at each one we notice it here.

Brian

Guest tx2sturgis

Well of course its not as busy. I have spent six years teaching y'all everything I know and now you don't have to ask as many questions and I don't have to post as many replies.

You're welcome.

;)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

Well of course its not as busy. I have spent six years teaching y'all everything I know and now you don't have to ask as many questions and I don't have to post as many replies.

You're welcome.

;)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

And we really do thank you Brian,, only please change that from "everything" to "almost everything" - Tippy and I are planning on taking the "other way" out west next year and will probably need some navigational advice from our Lone Star State Friend so you better not be tapped out!!! Ghost townin,,, gotta show er Jerome Az and hunting UFO's in Roswell and stroll thru San Antonio and wanna spend some time lookin for wild hogs in Southwest Texas...

You guys,,,, changing the site name wont help (dont get my vote) but I know what will.. 1st we need our economic climate to change for the positive, than we need to talk our Canadian sisters and brothers into holding on to those cold winter winds of theirs - you awesomely friendly folks up there dont have to share everything with your neighbors eay. :rotf::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

Puc

Locally we have a company, Blue Diamond Almonds, and their slogan is..."A can a day is all we ask". Maybe we should make ours " A post a day that's all we ask".

How long does it take to type something???

I don't join riding clubs because there is a mandatory meet / ride every month. I only post when I have something to say. Having a "post a day rule" would make this a babbling site....I'm very active on the east coast. I work approx. 12-15hrs a day and still find time to attend most of the M&E's on the east cost. I've put 100K on my bike because of this site and will continue to be an active member, But I will not become a babbler :stirthepot::whistling::whistling:

BTW.... I don't care for almonds either....:crackup::crackup:

I'd say keep the site related to Ventures and RSTD.... no need to change it. There are sites out there for other specific bikes and if someone with a Wing for example, will go to a Wing specific site if they need help or have questions.

VR.org is about Ventures, riding, and friends. Lets keep it that way. People that have moved on to other bikes come here for the friends they have made and to talk about riding. Doesn't matter what they ride. If they need help with their bikes, I'm sure they go to forums geared to their bike.

As to membership being flat.... still goes to show that as people leave, others join. Lots of people don't even know about VR.org and I for one hate Facebook. The layout of this forum works for me.

Until the time that Freebird loses money on this site... don't change what ain't broke.

I just got back form a cruise first one where I did not have to stand watch :big-grin-emoticon:.

It was the one Don put on the forum last year from Marshall.

Thought you were going to stop by for the windshield?

He can always pat himself on the back for giving a good bike a new home after it's owner went rogue on us.:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I know but somebody had to say it.:)

Margaret

It was bound to happen after getting dosed by someone with a big pail of ice water ...... No names mentioned just the culprit was small and attacked from behind when he wasn't looking .......Poor guy.

It seems like lately they aren't getting replaced.

Maybe fewer and fewer people are purchasing out-dated motorcycles. :whistling: :witch_brew:

I get surprised when it gets above 25.

Used to be minimum 2 pages of new stuff ... often times 3 or 4 if I was away from the site for a couple days ... now, like you say, I get surprised when there's 2 pages, even after not being here for a couple days.

I'd say keep the site related to Ventures and RSTD.... no need to change it. There are sites out there for other specific bikes and if someone with a Wing for example, will go to a Wing specific site if they need help or have questions.

VR.org is about Ventures, riding, and friends. Lets keep it that way. People that have moved on to other bikes come here for the friends they have made and to talk about riding. Doesn't matter what they ride. If they need help with their bikes, I'm sure they go to forums geared to their bike.

As to membership being flat.... still goes to show that as people leave, others join. Lots of people don't even know about VR.org and I for one hate Facebook. The layout of this forum works for me.

Until the time that Freebird loses money on this site... don't change what ain't broke.

:sign yeah that: :322:

We all don't want to upset the applecart and be pegged troublemakers.

....Speak for yourself, Buddy.

What'll it be? Obamacare? Guns? Immigration? Taxes? Lazy teachers? Or why some people on this site support politicians like Mayor Ford of Toronto?! :stirthepot:

I can read between the lines in all these posts and see how much ya'll really miss me, but Eddie is the only sap secure enough in his masculinity to have the balls to write it!

:rotf: