IGNORED

Bad news from Canadian crew going to PIP

sarges46

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Yesterday was a frustrating day for my Dad - he is on a lighter sedation and wants the breathing tube out so badly!!!! He keeps reaching at it with both hands, he is very strong and determined to remove it. We were hopeful that they would be able to remove the tube yesterday afternoon but no such luck the bruise on his lung is still very bad and the numbers don't indicate that he is ready.

I called the hospital this morning and he is now initiating each breath that is assisted by the machine. The doctors will discuss and make the decision today if the tube can come out. They are just worried that once it is out and his oxygen level drops they will need to put it back in.

Let's hope that today is a better day!

Johanne

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johanne,

Again, thanks for the update on your Dad! It means a lot to all of us, that can't be there for him, to know what is going on with him! We hope they will be able to take the tube out real soon, for his sake.

We are keeping ALL of you in our thoughts and prayers!

Please continue to keep us filled in!

:bighug:

Johanne, your Father must be a terrific man to be graced with such a loving daughter.

I will keep him in my prayers for a full recovery,as well as your Mom and yourself with all the emotions and fears which must be so overwhelming. Please take care of yourself and make sure your Mom is as well. With your Dad suffering so much, it is easy not to get the proper food and sleep for yourself as you naturally want to take away some of his suffering, by neglecting your needs. Stay strong for your Dad and Mom.

God Bless

Dave O'Brien (Dogman)

Guest Big Bob Daughter

My Dad was extubated yesterday afternoon and is doing really good!!!! Yesterday afternoon after the tube was removed he could whisper some words but due to the amount of Pain Medication he had been receiving and also coming off the sedation medication it made him very disorientated and confused. He made my mom and I laugh with some of the comments that were way out in left field (he had no clue where he was and what had happened) The nurses say that many patients go thru this as the medications are still in their systems. He wants to drink soooooo bad but can only have 1 small ice chip every 15 minutes for the next couple of days, then he'll be able to start with small amounts of water.

Today we got to the hospital around 10:00 and they had just put him back into bed. He sat in a chair for approx. 1 hour. This made him very tired so he had a few naps today. He is talking more and a little louder and is now making sense and can hold a conversation. I reread the messages from this thread, showed him his cards and his bell. He does not remember anything from the day of the accident all he knows is that he was off to Pork in the Pines. We met with Dr. Adams (the Doctor that fixed his arms) and he showed us the xrays and CAT scan of his arms and the improvement that has already happened since Aug. 29th. WOW unbelievable his left arm is looking really good, the doctor thinks another 3-4 weeks and he'll be able to get the pins and screws taken out. It doesn't look like he will need another surgury as the arms and bones are mending properly!

I spoke to SGI (bike & trailer insurance) and they still had not received the information from the adjuster. I asked my Dad what he wants to do with his bike and trailer and until he is able to know if SGI will write it off or not and how much the will settle for he is OK with it being in the pound at Devils Lake for now.

Thanks again for all of your continued support, my Dad is doing really good and my guess is that he will be transfered to a hospital in Sask. on Friday. I will continue to keep everyone posted.

Love always, Big Bob's daughter,

Johanne XOXOXOXOXOXO

Johanne,

Please give my best wishes to your Dad. We met in Colorado last year and in Kitchener this year. I too was in an accident last fall and I know what your Dad is going through. Believe me, he needs all the support and encouragement you can give him. Bob is an awesome guy and I know he'll pull though this. Give him a big biker guy hug from me.

Gary N.

Somehow I am just getting around to this thread, but thank you for all the updates on Bob.

We met him in Kitchener this summer and he is 1 H*** of a nice guy. So sorry to hear about the accident, but am glad to hear that he is making good progress. Though not an accident I experienced a similar situation with my father a few years ago and understand how difficult it is for the whole family. Our thoughts and prayers are with Bob, you, and the whole family.

Thanks Johanne,

that is fantastic news that he is recovering so well and quickly, and its great news also that you also can still laugh with (and at) your dad.

If he gets into a Regina hospital please let me know as I would like to go up and say hi when he is up to it. (Also if you guys need a place to stay if he gets to town, youre welcome at my place.)

Still my thoughts and best wishes are being sent your way and Hope your dad will be at home soon, thinking of his next project to work on.

Brian

Guest tessa c2

hey tat is great news Johanne, every one in swift has been questioning me for updates, and are wishing him a speedy recovery, thanks for keeping us posted, :bighug:t/c pete

That is great news!!! Thats the kind of news we have been waiting for!! Now tell him to make baby steps, and take it slow, he won't get better overnight, but he will get there! That's the way Bob worked any how isn't it!?:rotf: (Just a little chuckle) We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers!