IGNORED

Passenger wanting to fall asleep

dogman

Hello, having a great time on my new 07 RSMV. I use to ride a 920 Virago with back rest and saddle bags.

My wife finds the new bike so comfortable that she is having a hard time to stay awake. Does anyone else have this problem? If so have they been able to stay seated upright?

Guest BigJohnD

I get those little helmet to helmet taps on the back of my helmet too...I know she is nodding off when that happens. Then I know it is time to take a "potty" break.

My little girl (11) falls asleep just around the time that we exit the driveway! Well, ok, thats a bit of tale but cannot do a trip without her going out. I got armrests for Marilyns bike for that reason and am rigging something up for my bike for our trip to Ontario.

I nod off once in awhile. I also do the helmet bump with DKKnight when I do. I don't go into a deep sleep. I just doze so I don't think I'll fall off. Any ways, if there was a chance of me falling off it would be while turning a corner. Slowing down and down shifting always wakes me, both are done before you turn. So I guess I'm safe.

• 9 months later...

My 16 yr old daughter was riding with me on my 1st gen last year. We did a long weekend run and she was prone to dozing off on the long stretches. Again the helmet knocking against mine was a dead give away.

About the third time I told her to give me her iPod. She wears the ear plugs under her helmet all the time but this time I had the iPod in MY pocket. Every time she would doze off I'd crank the iPod to the max and she'd snap right back up and yell "What was that?"

I was more worried about her jumping off the bike than falling off. LOL!

My next step was going to be Duck Tape

Ive made a couple of trips from Niagara Falls to Seattle and mine occationally falls asleep. I can tell cause she buts me in the back of the head. I bought armrest from http://www.diamondraccessories.com/indexpage.php . She loves them and hasn't fallen off yet.

Tom

Is my wife riding with you too? Put on the Diamond R rests and she's slept ever since.

My wife used to sleep all the time. Bought her a new camera and now all I hear is click, click, click ...

We were on our way to Cape Code a couple years ago and we did a long sharp curved ramp onto a toll highway. Bike was in a good lean for about a mile. The toll booth was at the end of the ramp. I pulled up to the toll and stopped just ahead of the window as she pays the tolls. Nothing happened so I looked back and she was asleep :173:

The lady in the booth had a really strange look on her face...

Be Very Careful..There is a VERY bad thing about her sleeping if you are using the headsets.......IF she snores a little like mine it can be very relaxing to the person doing the actual handling of the bike..Those very soft snores you hear in the headset make you VERY sleepy..I have done my part and warned you all. I am surprised the Venture does not have a WARNING LABEL about that!

My little girl (11) falls asleep just around the time that we exit the driveway! Well, ok, thats a bit of tale but cannot do a trip without her going out. I got armrests for Marilyns bike for that reason and am rigging something up for my bike for our trip to Ontario.

Yup that was quite the sight, pulling up alongside Marilyn & looking at the helmet pressing on her shoulder........... It was lights out as per normal, on that trip.........

Hello, having a great time on my new 07 RSMV. I use to ride a 920 Virago with back rest and saddle bags.

My wife finds the new bike so comfortable that she is having a hard time to stay awake. Does anyone else have this problem? If so have they been able to stay seated upright?

So maybe young parents with cranky newborns should invest in a Venture!!!!!!!!!

how many of you have fallen asleep while riding?

I did that once, some 25 years ago ('83) on a 650 Virago with throttle lock. Commuted 75 miles one way going down I20, late at night and tired, woke up as I lost balance. Probably a good thing I wasn't sitting on the back seat as well.:smile5: No, I didn't go down.