IGNORED

Passenger wanting to fall asleep

dogman

I have to admit about 25 years ago on my 920 Virago while riding straight thru from Toronto to PEI I fell asleep and was awaken as my full face helmet came crashing down on my gas tank. Luckily I kept the bike up and no other cars where affected by my riding. After that I pull over when I get strong tired feeling rather than fighting it. Walk around and if I feel better get back on the bike and keep on going.

Never had the wife fall asleep, but I've fallen asleep riding home from work. was on my dad's Wing. not sure how long I was out and didn't go down, but the rumble strips just about made me leave a rumble strip of my own in my shorts.

as for new parents with cranky babies using the bike to put the kid to sleep, been there, done that. when my oldest was born used to sit him in his carrier on the back seat and just let the bike idle in the driveway.

Wife sleeps in the sidecar all the time. LOL

It makes for a nice quiet ride ;):scared:

I know what you mean.Sidecar was the best investment I made.The wife sleeps,watches movies,reads,turns on the heat when cold and stays dry in the rain.She is such a good passenger.....:rain2:

• 8 months later...

... with friends on their two bikes. My wife was a QS rider. They had their boy of about 6 or 7 with one of them, and they could not keep him awake. We took him between the two of us and he folded right into my wife's arms, ... and continued to sleep like a baby until we dumped him back into their arms at home. Legal? Nope, but we drove very, VERY safe. Kids are neat.

Loved the story of the wife on the Queen Seat asleep at the toll booth where she was supposed to pay. Employee probably had her eyes check the next day! LOL.

JackZ

Ft Collins, CO

Yanno how you solve this problem, put them on one! I know y'all have seen these and are old but I have no newer ones I can link to.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/gigawhiskey/Erikas%20First%20Day/101_0860.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/gigawhiskey/Erikas%20First%20Day/101_0856.jpg