IGNORED

Great words of wisdom

Marcarl

49 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

I like his attitude. Not saying he is 100% right because what works for one does not always work for another. On the other hand from my own experience getting married relatively young  and having kids (as long as you are mature enough to have them) allows you to better enjoy physical activities with them such as sports and camping etc.. But each to there own I say.

• Like 1

Married at 20 and I know family and Friends were taking bets on when we would get divorced. Yes, they have all been divorced and some multiple times. It's been 38 years now and they all lost. The media, politicians and society in general always refers to 50% of all marriages end in divorce. We need to change the perception to how many stay married. Think of it this way and relate it to the people 100% of married people, How many of those married people get multiple divorces. By the time you run the stats on this, removing those people from the equation each time they divorce, I would bet you are around 85+% of all people marry 1 time and stay married for life. 

• Like 1

I agree with what he said and think he could of said a whole lot more but what works for one does not work for some others, but what holds true for all is it takes two working and striving to make it happen.

• Like 1

In my family, of my brothers and sister and I.... 50% is the average.  With me...coming up on my 3rd marriage.  First one...got married at 21 before I knew what I really wanted in life and after 23 years of marriage I decided I wanted something else.  My kids were in 17 and 15 and I felt secure that they could (and did) handle it well.

Second one was a habitual liar... not cheater, just lied about the stupidest things.  I had to go thru her purse and drawers to find out what was really going on and didn't want to live like that.

Soon to be third marriage (I haven't given up on romance) will be the keeper.  At 64 years old I have someone that wants the same things I do (although has strong opinions on some things that I have opposite opinions of) but we are great together.

For various reasons people change as they grow older.  Someone you thought you could spend the rest of your life with you grow apart from in direction, wants, and beliefs. I'm still on good terms with my two ex's but now have a partner that I can see being with for the rest of my life.

For those that have only been married one time....congratulations !  For those of us that have been divorced once, twice, three times....I understand.  50% divorce rate is a fact and everyone has their own reasons why.  Takes two to be in a happy marriage, but it is two people with their own desires, wants for the future.  You have to find the right person, and be the right person for the other member of the marriage.

• Like 2

Was around 29 when Phantom Wife and I were married after being together for 7 years before. Coming up on 40 years this Oct 8th. Just liked discussed it is up to the individuals whether things work or not and circumstances  I too had a niece who said we wouldn't last 6 months and mother-in-law who really didn't like me much as wife deceived her telling her my wrong age(her dad had an idea as he worked with my dad but we got along well! )and also I rode a motorbike ( don't know why as her younger sister started going with a guy who also rode a bike but he could do no wrong) One reason I thought this is when we were going to get married there was no help from them and had to sell bike to get married and took 13 years too get another bike! 

BUT wouldn't change anything!

• Like 1