IGNORED

WTF Is wrong with people?

uncledj

Lisa and I (and the Pomeranians) took the motorhome to a friends farm for the weekend.   Had a great time.   Old friends, a campfire and a cooler of beer...what's not to like?

Anyways, we're driving the motorhome home yesterday around lunchtime, and we're on a 2 lane, 55mph country road and I see an oncoming car ahead, and I notice him roll down the drivers window and hang his hand out...strange, but ok......Then, as we're passing, he lobs a frozen bottle of water at us, breaking a headlight and cracking the surrounding plastic.

We're in a motorhome, with no easy turn around, so nothing I could do but keep rolling.

So, what did this person get out of that...What triumph was there....

WTF is wrong with people?   😠

• Sad 1

There are some real twisted people out there. Maney years ago I pulled into my regular gas station were a car had pulled in just a few minutes before me. The parents and the kids were getting their faces hosed down by the gas station attendant. some jerks thought it was funny to drop a car battery off the overpass over the QEW which hit their car in the center of the windshield.  

• Sad 2

Replaced the headlight, had to replace the ring that holds it in place, and straighten the bucket that it sits in.

All in all, I'm VERY fortunate that the frozen bottle hit directly into the headlight, as it had enough force that if it had hit the plastic body directly, or the radiator, or the windshield, it would have done MUCH more damage.

Still pretty upset that some jackwad would do this, but feeling grateful that it wasn't worse.

Life goes on.

• Like 2

As my Father, Mother, and my brothers watched as our childhood home went up in flames on a very cold January evening , (Arson) My father shouted over the roar of the flames, "Man, aren't we the lucky ones!" At that moment, his wisdom escaped me. I shouted back, "Dad, how can you call THIS Lucky!" He squatted down, put both of his hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eyes, and softly said, "We're ALL ALIVE son!" I measured tragedy differently from that day forward. 

Both Jean and I are very grateful that you were not injured DJ, and also glad that you were able to repair your Motorhome.

Earl and Jean.

• Like 4