I'm pretty sure i just good a pretty deal on a 1990 venture royal.

So far the only things i've found wrong is a wobble in the front if you don't have a firm grip on the bars, I'm guessing some sort of bearings in the forks or steering for that and it needs new tires. I'm planning to ride it alot in fact I've put 800mi on since i picked it up saturday, but it kinda sounds like the dunlop e3 are a good bet for a good handling long lasting tire. thought get an opion from you guys

Hehehe, there's 2 or 3 active threads on tires right now. My opinion - I have E3 on rear (not yet available for front), Pirelli MT66 on front, and I like it. Elite2 are good tires but supposedly being phased out. Nothing else out there wears like an E2 or E3 series.

Jeremy

Nice looking bike. Won't be long before they start jumping in here and telling you blue is the fastest color. They know what color my trunk is cause they can see it from the back. LOL!

Ok, look for these things. The fork bearing adjustment. Start there. Next check the tires for cupping and wear. The can of worms will open with this statement but I love the Avon Venoms on mine. Look into them. Worth the research. Next consider the fork springs age. Not the best springs to start with and a change to Progressives is a huge difference. Last possible cure, a upgrade on the fork brace. If you have the bearings right, the tires are good and the springs are decent, you won't think of adding the fork brace. Or changing the motor mounts to solid mounts, or adding a Progressive to the rear suspension, or all the other stuff that comes up in conversation.

I did mine this way and I'm good for hands off at 85 MPH. Dead steady.

And by the way, blue might be the faster color, but one hasn't passed me yet. (mine isn't blue) But again. nice looking bike and welcome.

Ride Safe

Mike

I know a feller :whistling:that has a 93 that looks alot like your new ride.:smile5:

Can't tell you much about the EIIIs cause they didn't have the sizes for my scoot when I needed tires. Wanted EIIs with the reised white letters, but could'nt get those either.

Ended up with Michelin Commanders and so far love'em. Did the Steering head bearing pack and adjust when I put the tires on and no more wobble at all.

Great lookin scoot (no prejadice here). Ride and have a great time.

DJ

:group cheers:

Nice bike Matt. Hope to see you around and maybe we can hit the road for a ride.

I put a Avon on the back of my 89 VR and have enjoyed the way it handles. Right now I have the Dunlop on the front. I did put on the super brace on the forks but have not experience any wobbles in mine. You might want to make sure frame bolts are tighten properly and grease the swingarm and relay arms also and of course make sure the steering head it tighten properly also.

Hope to see you around.

Rick F.

Nice looking bike. Won't be long before they start jumping in here and telling you blue is the fastest color. They know what color my trunk is cause they can see it from the back. LOL!

And by the way, blue might be the faster color, but one hasn't passed me yet. (mine isn't blue) But again. nice looking bike and welcome.

Ride Safe

Mike

Hope you get many miles of smiles out of it!! And about the fastest color? See Below!!!:stirthepot:

WHAAAAAT!!!!!!! ROFLMMFAO

Brownies own the tarmac!!!!

The blue you see are the flames out of our exhaust while in front of you!!!!

WHAAAAAT!!!!!!! ROFLMMFAO

Brownies own the tarmac!!!!

The blue you see are the flames out of our exhaust while in front of you!!!!

The brownies will annihilate anything else!!! (esp the 85's) LOL

Brian:cool10::cool10:

You guys better watch out for the Red Rocket when she comes out of the "skunk works" garage later next week!!!! Just sayin'!!!

BTW, welcome to the site and it's still a good lookin' scoot. We'll help you get her fixed up right!

Dan

well now i just learned the hard way about just how hard brake fluid is on the plastic, had to put new brake pads in up front and squrited a little out on farings. next morning the corner buy your knee was in pieces. i put it back together for now with "cold steel" epoxy we'll see how well that lasts

well now i just learned the hard way about just how hard brake fluid is on the plastic, had to put new brake pads in up front and squrited a little out on farings. next morning the corner buy your knee was in pieces. i put it back together for now with "cold steel" epoxy we'll see how well that lasts

Yup, mixing brake fluid and the plastic is not a good thing. Brake fluid WILL melt the plastic and lift the paint. And if any falls in the radio, from the clutch master cylinder, start dodging buttons. The springs under those buttons will shoot em right out of there.

Try the plastic welding glue from Permatex for ABS. It has a pink label. It is sandable too.

Nice looking bike, I should, know I have one too. What's been said before, get some Progressive springs in the front, a Superbrace and check your steering head. Mine's steady with hands off at 85+. Enjoy it, and remember Blue IS the fastest and stands out above all else in the parking lot! :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: