IGNORED

Turntable for my 99 RSV

Lepapehermann

I just finish building and painting a wooden turntable for my bike.

Backing out of the garage was almost impossible and turning the bike around inside the garage was not an option so I decided to build a turntable.

A couple of 2X12, a 2X6, 8 ball bearings (5/8 I.D.), a 5/8 hardwood dowel rod, a 12" turntable bearings, some screws, a few woodworking tools, many hours of work et voila!!!!

Total cost around $70 :mo money:

My first test is a real success and I can now easily turn around my 800 pounds machine, the only thing left to do is secure the center of the turntable to the concrete floor in the garage and install a lock so the table doesn't swivel while going up or down on it.

I have included a few pictures for those who may be interested.:canada:

VERY NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I want one.........

I havent had time to begin even looking at making one.

I just finished a couple other mods I was working on...now Im going on vacation all next week..when I get back Ill start..

Again, that does look great!!

Now that is a neat idea, especially for the ones that have an uphill driveway.

Now is only that could be used as a jack also.

:lightbulb: :thumbsup2:

You got that right. My driveway is uphill all the way. I usually back out and turn side ways across the driveway then take off down the driveway. I wish I could use this, but I just don't have the room to spin the bike.

Backing out of the garage was almost impossible and turning the bike around inside the garage was not an option so I decided to build a turntable.

A couple of 2X12, a 2X6, 8 ball bearings (5/8 I.D.), a 5/8 hardwood dowel rod, a 12" turntable bearings, some screws, a few woodworking tools, many hours of work et voila!!!!

Total cost around $70 :mo money:

My first test is a real success and I can now easily turn around my 800 pounds machine, the only thing left to do is secure the center of the turntable to the concrete floor in the garage and install a lock so the table doesn't swivel while going up or down on it.

I have included a few pictures for those who may be interested.:canada:

Looks like you beat out Eck, for coming up with an alternate bike turntable, to the commercial one I posted previously. You beat the suggested budget of $100. (in CAD yet), I like the bearing setup too.

I was told of an even quicker cheap method the other day, but a centre stand is required. 2 pizza pans 1 @ 10", 1 @ 12", a little oil in 12 pan for lube, put smaller pan on top. push down on rear end to bring front tire off of ground & walk around with it, rotating the bike. There is a person that does this with his goldwing, but he changes out the pans every year.

Hey, you built a wooden Motopark! Pretty cool, I bought one made out of polished aluminum. Looks great, smooth, convenient, but I paid 1000.00 Good job!

WOW - THAT IS AWESOME, HERMANN. Tools, time, but moreso knowledge and imagination. Do you think those wheels would gradually pick up stuff from the floor to cause them to stop turning?

:thumbsup: :clap2:

Cool idea!!

What kind glus did you use to hold it?

BikerJohn

PICTURE 1

I used DURAL industrial carpenter glue G2300, it's a pretty good glue that I use for all my woodworking projects.

Picture 2

Also note, in the included photo, the center strip that has a different color, this is due to the surface that has been treated with sand while the paint was still wet, the surface (center strip only) is now like coarse sand paper.