IGNORED

NH crash w 7 dead and 3 injured

RandyR

OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH,, THIS IS HORRIBLE!! Brings back some horrible feelings of when a neighbor of mine and a group of other riders from our area were doing their annual ride around Lake Michigan when some wacko in a car decided to go bowling for bikes, crossed the centerline and took out the whole group over in Fon du lac Wisconsin = what a mess!! Hopefully this one is not the same!!

Regardless, PRAYERS UP for all involved.. What a tragity :95:

Hard to know where the safest riding is. I just got back from a wedding near Chicago and had a chance to visit with a family member who crashed his new Harley a few years ago. Ground off one leg and now has a metal tubing leg and a cane. He was riding on some rural road with Harley friends and a farm tractor pulled up from a field right in front of the group. Several bikes when down and slide on the paved road. Sliding on the roadway with the weight of the bike on his leg forced an emergency situation where his leg had to removed at the knee. Although I think that rural riding is much safer than riding in traffic with half of the drivers focused on text messaging - serious accidents can still happen.

I haven't heard yet what caused the NH crash.

zag

The truck drivers name was Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, 23. He crossed the centerline and when he tried to correct, he whipped the flatbed trailer across in front of the bikers. I have not seen anything released as to whether he was impaired, sleepy or distracted on a phone or something else, but either way he killed seven and wounded three. This is another reason I parked my Venture a few years ago after putting 150,000 wonderful miles on it.

Prayers for these veterans and their families.

Randy

As of Sunday afternoon the 23rd, they had not charged him for anything.

It was just a terrible, terrible crash, and it looks in the photos I have seen that he lost control of the truck which had way too large of a car carrier on it.

His company, Westfield Transport, would not comment but is cooperating with authorities, no alcohol has been mentioned. The truck driver had no phone number that could be found, and is 23.

My guess is before this is all said and done, The young man may do some serious time, and Westfield Transport will cease to exist under the pile of lawsuits. My guess would be maybe 7 counts of vehicular homicide. The families of the lost probably have lawyers lined up ten deep.

There are many pictures on a thread over at the IndianRiders.org site, but I won't repost them. Just a horrible thing, and it could have been totally avoided. I do think speed was involved with the truck driver, but I'm guessing. It was a fifth wheel car carrier, truck was a 2500 Dodge HD. The car carrier looked WAY too big for the truck, and it was empty at the time, probably making it jump a bit on the rural road, or he might have lost the right side off the shoulder and it whipped back. Who knows. NTSB is on the scene.

We'll see. It made the national news.

Last report I saw yesterday no one has been able to locate the driver and and he has not been answering efforts by his company's attempts to call him.

The part that has always confused me is why people think life will come to an end if the don't text or return text's right then and there when everyone knows a life is more likely to end while texting than by failing to text.

So I had a bunch of questions. Read that after the accident took place the driver was jumping up and down in middle of road and screaming or something. Then I think he was still there when cops showed up. Because it said they "released him" And then they could not find or contact him the next day. Daaaa would they not do a sobriety test? Then if he failed lock him up? And if he does not consent its an automatic suspension of licence. Would not surprise me if the whole thing ends up being some kind of Russian hokus pokus thing. Very said thing, nothing is going to bring those folks back. But what 23 year old dont have a phone? Maybe not a "real" phone but a burner. Illegal activity folks like those, they are not traceable.

I suspect the trucking company will declare bankruptcy and everyone will loose. Around here if anyone is involved in a crash with a death, it is automatic that blood tests are drawn. I can not understand how this guy was let go and one report I read stated that he had refused a blood test. I just don't get it, but at least they came back and charged him.

Randy

From what I have read on the driver that caused the wreck. He has been slipping through the cracks or the DMV has not done their job to get him off the road, period. I do not think he will slip through the cracks on this one.

TOTALLY :thumbsup:!! If there is any form of a law suit involved most attorney's look for deep pockets and lots of em, knowing that - I highly doubt that the DMV and company he was working for at the time that he killed those bikers will come out unscathed either. Sadly though,, the ones who lost their loved ones and the riders who were slain on that dreadful day are the ones who paid the highest price, especially the children who lost their Dads.. Soooo sad..

Scale it any way ya want but I still think this is all a result of the loss of accepting personal responsibilty - something that has gotten mighty thin in the world today IMHO. :95:

TOTALLY :thumbsup:!!this is all a result of the loss of accepting personal responsibilty - something that has gotten mighty thin in the world today IMHO. :95:

I have been saying this for a while now. Finally just stopping what the doc had me on for 7+ years, Paroxetene. Shuts your ability to think clearly down, And I mean down.

Now if OTHERS would stand up and accept/take care of their own responsibilities...

Several articles yesterday about the DOT boss in that state resigning because they couldn't get this guy off the road for over two years. He's evidently been cited and suspended multiple time for DUI and still has his CDL!!

Our company policy is once and done, regardless of circumstances. The guy is liable , his company is liable I'd also say the state is liable for letting this guy continue to drive.

Now ICE is looking into this as he may have overstayed a visa!

"https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2019/06/26/truck-driver-killed-motorcyclists-he-shouldnt-have-had-license-officials-say/?utm_term=.2b8894796c85"

"https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/25/massachusetts-rmv-head-resigns-fallout-deadly-motorcycle-crash/1567458001/"

"https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/ICE-Reportedly-Orders-Hold-on-Driver-in-Fatal-NH-Motorcyclists-Crash-511830841.html"

Read some additional info that he crashed a semi in Texas last month I think it was and was also cited for a DUI or Drug charge in Texas. You watch he is going to be here illegal the trucking company will close and the families are screwed.