IGNORED

I believe spring has come to the North

Sylvester

Not much activity on the Watering hole and after looking at weather across the northern tier it is nice. In my very Sherlock Holmes mind I can deduce people are enjoying life again. I am happy for all of you out doing spring plantings and cleanups.:banana::guitarist 2::fishin::sun::happy65::sun1::hihi::fnd_(16):

:farmer:

Down south too. 78* and sunny today. Dr says no riding yet, physical therapist says no riding, wife -no riding. So while I was alone today I didn't run my errands, I didn't go to the next town over, and I didn't detour down by the lake. Therefore I didn't put 75 miles on the bike and there are no pics to prove it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Wonder why my shoulder is a little sore...........:cool10::cool10::cool10:

We have to deal with rain, which is kind of nice, seeing as without it we would become like Arizona, and I'm not much for that type of terrain. Also still busy trying to get my daughters house ready for her to move into. Riding soon enough though,,, have to, just to make it worthwhile to pay the insurance,,, if for no other reason.

We have to deal with rain, which is kind of nice, seeing as without it we would become like Arizona, and I'm not much for that type of terrain. Also still busy trying to get my daughters house ready for her to move into. Riding soon enough though,,, have to, just to make it worthwhile to pay the insurance,,, if for no other reason.

Glad someone will be riding soon. As for me I don't think I will be riding this year. Problems with left shoulder and can't reach the bars.

Not much activity on the Watering hole and after looking at weather across the northern tier it is nice. In my very Sherlock Holmes mind I can deduce people are enjoying life again. I am happy for all of you out doing spring plantings and cleanups.:banana::guitarist 2::fishin::sun::happy65::sun1::hihi::fnd_(16):

Not me, my son got me orientated on Face Book usage and I think I done got addicted... I been really having fun catching up on our VR Facebook page reading (AWESOME) but got side tracked posting family pictures on my sisters FB (that stands for Face Book = learned that from my son I did LOL) page and chatting with her for few hours over there..... Taking back all the bad stuff I heard and thought I knew about FB,,, its actually WAYYYY COOL!!! That @Prairiehammer is doing a BANG UP job on our page over there = THANKS KEV!!!:thumbsup:

Also finding out that FB is a GREAT way to spy on the kids :missingtooth:

Not me, my son got me orientated on Face Book usage and I think I done got addicted... I been really having fun catching up on our VR Facebook page reading (AWESOME) but got side tracked posting family pictures on my sisters FB (that stands for Face Book = learned that from my son I did LOL) page and chatting with her for few hours over there..... Taking back all the bad stuff I heard and thought I knew about FB,,, its actually WAYYYY COOL!!! That Prairiehammer is doing a BANG UP job on our page over there = THANKS KEV!!!:thumbsup:

Also finding out that FB is a GREAT way to spy on the kids :missingtooth:

What is the VR FB page? More info needed.

What is the VR FB page? More info needed.

Found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/144033808988878/permalink/2248263825232522/ @Sylvester, it is our private VR Face Book page that you have to sign up for in order to participate.. Now I am new to Face Book (have had an account forever but never really participated as I never really understood how to use it = special thanks to my son for helping me with that) so I am far from one to advise ya Sly but, if memory serves me, only members in good standing here get approved for access to our VR page on FB.. @Prairiehammer would be the one to answer questions about signing up and all that as he is our Bossman over there.

Does this help?

This has been one of the coldest winters with the most snow in many years around here. A few hours north of me, the insurance companies are talking about the huge number of cabin roofs that caved in from so much snow. Here in Toronto area, like Marcarl says, we have warmer weather with some rainr. Been riding for a few weeks Sure feels good!

I feel for those in the north with the cold and snow. As for where I live, we haven't had one day or night that the temp dropped below 0*. As for Jeff and his WWW, he did a fair job of missing us all year. Of the total :snow2: maybe 20" and our grass stayed green all year.

I hate when my grass turns green. That means that I have to go out and mow it. I hate cutting grass a lot. I am always the last person in the neighborhood to do the first cut of the season and the first to do the last cut of the season. I REFUSE to cut grass in October thru April, those months should have the ground covered in SNOW. I don't care how long it gets in between those times.

I love it when we have a nice drought going during the summer, and my yard turns that lovely shade of brown.

Dang Jeff you are hardcore North aren't you? Maybe the Yukon would better suited for you. And your WWW maybe wouldn't hit too far south. I for a fact love mowing gorgeous green grass and I have 4.5 acres of it to cut weekly. Takes me 2 hrs a week and is the most relaxing time during the week. I use a very powerful 60" 0 turn mower and it is fast, therefore the short time.:yikes::doh::backinmyday:

I hate when my grass turns green. That means that I have to go out and mow it. I hate cutting grass a lot. I am always the last person in the neighborhood to do the first cut of the season and the first to do the last cut of the season. I REFUSE to cut grass in October thru April, those months should have the ground covered in SNOW. I don't care how long it gets in between those times.

I love it when we have a nice drought going during the summer, and my yard turns that lovely shade of brown.

Don't mind the green too much as grass doesn't usually grow in the winter months. But I know what you mean Jeff, I cut ours a week back, it's rained a lot since then & now it needs cutting again! Bah! Humbug! I say!

I do have a ride on though so that makes it easier, but with an acre it still takes around 1.1/2 hours & there are some parts I just can't get to with the ride on so that has to be done by hand. I'm getting too old for all this crap & would much rather be doing something else to fill my time!

Well I'm glad you guys are finally getting close to riding. We, on the other hand, are getting close to NOT riding...at least until October. As you know, I do try to get up north into the mountains at various times in the summer here, but coming back into town is almost unbearable....over 100 degrees in stop and go traffic really beats me up. Now if I could leave at 7am and come back at 11 pm....I could do it. But that is hard....

So you might not get any more pictures from me for the summer season. Be up to youse guys and gals to take pics so I can drool and dream of riding...

I will get some pics of our camping activities and boat stuff this month.

And no cowpuc, I can't take the high heat that you used to ride in. That's to hot for me, especially since I ride AGATT. Both Pat and I have real troubles in that kind of heat. Another reason why getting old sucks..!!

:scorched::biker::scorched:

Edited by videoarizona
bad grammar police got me...

Well I'm glad you guys are finally getting close to riding. We, on the other hand, are getting close to NOT riding...at least until October. As you know, I do try to get up north into the mountains at various times in the summer here, but coming back into town is almost unbearable....over 100 degrees in stop and go traffic really beats me up. Now if I could leave at 7am and come back at 11 pm....I could do it. But that is hard....

So you might not get any more pictures from me for the summer season. Be up to youse guys and gals to take pics so I can drool and dream of riding...

I will get some pics of our camping activities and boat stuff this month.

And no cowpuc, I can't take the high heat that you used to ride in. That's to hot for me, especially since I ride AGATT. Both Pat and I have real troubles in that kind of heat. Another reason why getting old sucks..!!

:scorched::biker::scorched:

Seeing your cause for edit VAz,, I aint never been much for takin :stickpoke: from them there lop eared grammer cop varmints (be they self imposed or not) so simply put,, I still think learning to ride nekid and occasionally reaching back for the water bucket hanging on the side of the scoot to dump water over ones nekid body is definitely the way to go in surviving that glorious desert heat while out CTFW :biker:.. Knowing you probably aint about to do that, I want you to know that I really appreciate all your effort in keeping us VR varmints sane throughout the long winter we just suffered thru.. Your amazing ride stories and :photographing:'s here have been greatly appreciated and your efforts will be paid back 10 fold as our 2019 ride season up north unfolds my brother:thumbsup:!! Hope to see you folks soon at MD, if we are able to make it (still got a HUGE wedding to go thru) and you are too, where - even if it be by other means than :7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]: ,, we shall at least have a chance to :group cheers: once again!!!

Puc

DSCN8927.JPG

DSCN9701.JPG

Weather here has been pretty wacky. It got fairly warm and them cold again. The past few days have been warm enough that I had planned to finally get my first ride of the season. I think it was on Tuesday that I pulled the bike out of the garage, gave it a decent wash, finally got the tank bib that Nancy at Ace High Leather's made for me back in the winter installed and was getting excited about taking at least a short ride. Maybe a long ride. Didn't know yet but I was ready to go. Went in the house to change into some other clothes and then the phone rang. An older gentleman in Canton, OH who had bought a stairlift from another company a few years ago and now it wouldn't work and apparently the company was no longer in business. His wife was confined to the upstair bedrooms until they could get it going again; So off I went. A 1 1/2 hour drive, about an hour to troubleshot and repair it, and then back home. It was getting late and the skies looked like they were going to open up with rain at any moment so the ride was put on hold.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of rain and it hasn't stopped raining since then. So the bike is all cleaned and ready but the weather says NO.

Oh well. Soon my friends, very soon.

70 and sunny here in northern Wisconsin. Snowmobile is washed, waxed and moved to the back of the workshop. Bike is out and running like it was just parked yesterday. Pre-flight checks went well, so off we went. All smiles now!

I'm moving back to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks. Been riding on and off here in Mississippi all winter. I planned the move to get out of here before the heat caused me to park the bike and hide indoors until fall. Should be just about the right weather in Black River Falls to keep on riding till the snow flies again. Can't wait. I lived in Kenosha WI 5 years ago.

I'm moving back to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks. Been riding on and off here in Mississippi all winter. I planned the move to get out of here before the heat caused me to park the bike and hide indoors until fall. Should be just about the right weather in Black River Falls to keep on riding till the snow flies again. Can't wait. I lived in Kenosha WI 5 years ago.

You should head down to Orlin's maintenance day in June. Check it out on the calendar. I drive through Black River Falls on the way to Orlin's.