IGNORED

Something no Venture Rider wants to see...

uhfradarwill

I must be missing something.

What do I not want to see?

The huge traffic jam. I waited on the side of the road for over an hour till traffic began to flow again.

Funny note.

Because my bike is two toned blue like our state police cars:

download.jpeg

One woman said what is happening up ahead officer.

LO freakin L

It is legal in many states to lane split or ride the shoulder in stopped traffic, not so here.

I actually just saw a normal afternoon highway scene for around here. That type of bumper to bumper jam would be running at 65+mph on a Friday around 6PM in Youngstown.

Man... the rite color bike, some emergency flashers and the next exit. Free roads. Last year I think it was. Wife and I were on way to NC, in northern Fla north of Gainsville/Ocala traffic comes to halt all 3 lanes. Well you dont site there on a V-Twin running sitting still. So 15-20 minutes later finally movement, very slow but some movement. Never did see what the clog up was. But man did it feel nice to get rolling.

Returning to THE THREAD for one last quip, we had an encounter with Ontario's Provincial Police along somewhat similar lines many, many years ago.

Can't remember what bike, but in the heat, and stop-and-stop traffic, our clutch left the building. We could only head for the sidelines - which definitely is ILLEGAL in Ontario, btw - and pooch along at 5-10 mph.

Things proceeded in relatively acceptable manner... until we doodled past a Biker Gang. Oh no! Oh yeah... they pulled out behind us, and all of a sudden we're the Drum Major in a Band of seriously Bad Bruthers, generating even more heat and grumbling from the assembled multitude.

Naturally along come the sirens, and ALL of us Really Bad Bros are pulled over. Fortunately the lead Officer comes up to us first, providing a chance to explain our situation. Even more fortunately the Guy was a Biker, so he said: "Go ahead, and good luck. If you break down, we'll call for a Flatbed."

Off we went - to even MORE grumbling from our 'Gang' - and got the H*** off that road asap!

Rgds, WRIDR.